welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~BarbieQ's Challenge~ 24/08/2019

Wow!  Those bottles look very real.  I think it's official, you can be deemed as a professional illustrator 🙀

• Like 1

<3 @welshblue!

So beautiful hair and skin products. I'm not capable of doing this. Beautiful. 

Thank you for sharing your result! :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, welshblue said:

My best piece in 9 years IMO

You jest.  Many of your pieces are outstanding, and this is just another feather in your cap.  It has a professional feel to it and when I saw it, I immediately thought of Old Spice line due to the similarity in color scheme.  Well done.

• Like 1

@lynxster4 ... thank you so very much.  It was stressful.  But in a good way.  Trying to get the brain to think laterally instead of clicking a plugin ... especially when you're 'HeadShot' anyways 😁🙄

@Pixey ... thanks so much.  Professional ?  Humbled to read that - maybe one day ... I wish the people who want things done design wise would think that though and not quibble and barter. There comes a time when time is more precious than it used to be but they don't want to pay accordingly.  Hope the family time is going well and not going too quick

@Seerose ... Thank you.  It's practice practice practice.  I'm always happy to give a helping hand to explain things.  It's building up layer upon layer

@TrevorOutlaw ... nope.  No jesting.  I'm more proud of this piece than any other.  Mainly for the reasons you said.  Thanks for the ringing endorsement of my work

@Woodsy ... thanks so much mate.  I approached it like spraying a car ... building up lots of thin layers.  In this case lots of blurring and Blend Modes to get the shine.  It takes time and lots of undo but you get there.  It helps having an object in front of you - although anyone coming through the backdoor seeing me staring at a shampoo and conditioner bottle would have thought I'd finally lost it 😯

The power of Blur Painting is great, but you've got to put the time in and not want a quick fix.

An example below.  It took 60 minutes.  S3D for the shape and then about 50 layers of blurring colours.  Not happy with the back, base shadow or the darkness of the whole thing but too late ... it's flattened

glass-test-2.png

@Apollo702 and you guys above - thanks for the Rep' points

• Like 4

Thanks @LionsDragon ... holy fluff is good.  I think I'll use that next time I want to let rip 😉

Looking at the abomination that's the glass above, I decided to try my hand at 'vector style' glass.

Glass has been something of a holy grail PDN wise (Think ASH getting the closest IMO) and I'm more than happy with the result of what is basically a happy accident

vector-glass-1-2.png

If enough people are interested in a relatively quick technique I'll cobble together a tut', sadly time and life are against me wasting my time if no one is interested.  Pointless having tuts' no-one wants

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I'd be interested, always... The knowledge and techniques are for the greater good of PDN. 

Impart your wisdom... 🙏

• Like 1

<3 @welshblue!

There is nothing you aren't able to do. They are unbelievable! 

I want to learn from you so much. ( I am looking forward to the tutorial, please.)

Thank you for sharing your result! :cake: :coffee:

Edited by Seerose
Translation error. Sorry!
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, welshblue said:

Glass has been something of a holy grail PDN wise (Think ASH getting the closest IMO)

Yeah, some of his stuff are just mind-blowing.  Wonder where and how he is doing these days.

Oh, don't forget that glass refract.

Edited by TrevorOutlaw
  • Like 1

@welshblue, the edge of the glass is great. I'd certainly like to know how it was done. If you don't have time to make a full-blown tutorial, a brief step-by-step description would certainly be appreciated.

• Like 2

Very nice glass images @welshblue.  Yes. @Ash was amazing - not only did he know his glass, but he was also great at Shape 3D.  This piece was, and is, still one of my favourites  untitled13-by-0-ash-0.png

Yes please to a tutorial

smileys-skelette-458393.gif 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 9:50 PM, Seerose said:

There is nothing you aren't able to do

Use the washing machine 😀

To all ... thanks ... and yep ASH was a true master ... sadly missed and I owe him a lot with the help he gave me by PM.

My head was in a bad place the other night and everything in my life didn't seem worth it anymore.  Had practically given up

Today ... well ... make the most of it.

2 versions - I favour #2 ... mainly because of the 2 tone effect on objects behind ... but can do both in one tut' ?

glass-pane-decision.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 3

I like #2, also. Cleaner-looking.  The first one has a 'too-frosted' look.  😜   (My opinion only...)

• Like 2

Oh boy! I have missed a lot of wonderful images here. Dragon's Eye - just WOW! I want to steal it & wear it. :star: 

The Revive Collection is just superb. It would have to be one of the best images ever created. Fabulous colours too. Very professional & smooth. Bravo!

Yes, please to a tute. Either one is fine :D I look at those glass panes & can't help but feel they need some standoffs to secure them. Shiny ones like only the metal master can produce. :D 

• Like 2

@lynxster4 and @Seerose - thanks for helping me make my mind up.

@barbieq25 ... thank you so much for those humbling words "one of the best images ever created"  it's a huge compliment with the talent here. But funny enough my Galleria entries are disappearing not growing 🤣

If Dragon's Eye was real - you wouldn't need to steal it - I'd send it to you

Nice idea about metal standoffs, I'll have to do that ... not sure about Metal Master ... more like Mental Mister 😋

• Like 1

13 hours ago, welshblue said:

@barbieq25 ... thank you so much for those humbling words "one of the best images ever created"  it's a huge compliment with the talent here. But funny enough my Galleria entries are disappearing not growing 🤣

If Dragon's Eye was real - you wouldn't need to steal it - I'd send it to you

Nice idea about metal standoffs, I'll have to do that ... not sure about Metal Master ... more like Mental Mister 😋

Why are your Galleria entries disappearing?

Aw, that is so sweet - sending the the Dragon's Eye if it were real. 

If you're Mental Mister then I'm not far behind :D 

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with & hope to get some PDN time in soon to try out the glass tute.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, barbieq25 said:

Why are your Galleria entries disappearing?

<shrug>  Broken Links ?  Nomination rescinded ?  Not considered good enough anymore ?  <shrug>

I dunno, don't care really  - I just noticed when I noticed the updated version - at least I haven't had to send back the £1000 prize money 😋

crossword-with-clues.png Depths-galleria.png pc-killer.png scary-face.png

.... as you can see, not my best works ever 

5 hours ago, barbieq25 said:

If you're Mental Mister then I'm not far behind :D 

Best best place to be in this s**t-storm of a world - not as if a lot of it makes sense anymore 🙄

The glass and metal is next on my list.  I'm currently hung up on making perfect snake and croc' skin textures ... so many very nearly almosts; it's frustrating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, welshblue said:

<shrug>  Broken Links ?  Nomination rescinded ?  Not considered good enough anymore ?  <shrug>

Links. They were probably hosted on Photobucket or something else that lost 'em.

I'll repost the above images just to prove we still think your art is awesome 😊

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

we still think your art is awesome

I dunno ... looking at a couple I have to wonder how crappy my last monitor was ... awful colouring on the 'workshop tools' one 😯  (May have a good at that one again)

Thanks EER.  No problen ... No rush

I've got really fed up of working on reptile skin ... so decided to try and tick something off my bucket list.  Skin.  Human. (Not in a Silence of The Lambs/ Buffalo Bill way ...)

I've always been awe of @Pixey  @Aislin and @lynxster4 and their digital painting of portraits etc and want to try to perfect it myself.  Not as easy as they make it look ... 

All credit for this one goes to the original artist Mary Jane (some very very talented people out there.)

Basically, it's colouring in,  but still quite a few layers and blurs in there ... especially happy with getting some low-lights in her hair

Colour Wash

Colour-Wash-2.png

.. a tip ...   If your partner is talking to you about something important ... don't suddenly change the subject and ask them to put their hair up like the model, so you can capture how the light looks.  It really doesn't go down too well 🤐

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something I played with

snake-text.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

The coloring is great @welshblue!  Love those green eyes!  Nicely blended and all.  <3

Agree with @ReMake on the reptile skin...it looks so real! Tut?  😜