~ WelshBlue ~Alone. A Novel ... ~ 21/09/2020

@ Barbie' ... many thanks. Neon Dreams currently my wallpaper ;) The wood textures ... I'll see what I can do RE: abstracts

@ nitenurse ... many thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed your look around. Perseverance is all it takes with PDN ... a bit of insanity doesn't go amiss either :P

@ Helen ... as always, big thanks. I'm lucky that my working life has brought me into contact with lots of textures so they're a bit ingrained in my brain (what's left of it :roll:)

@ dug ... thanks mate. It's funny, it didn't start out as tartan it's only after a few people said it I decided to run with it. Funny how we see things ...

@ yy' ... good to see you. Many thanks. An eygasm ? Are you sure you didn't just sneeze ... :P;)

-----------------------------------------------------------

It's been 12 months (where the heck has the time gone :/ ) since I first tried making R2D2. I've tried again to see if I could remember with a bigger version ... (and hopefully to finish the tut I started, over the xmas break)

I like the background on this one much better. Those valves on the left side look great. Love the changing colours in the metal. There is something intrinsically beautiful about valves. I like the textures & the colours you used in this one as they compliment our little guy so well.

I've always loved your R2D2. I cannot even begin to contemplate doing a tute for something so complex. I'm glad you went back to him. A wonderful image. Well done, Welshy!

Thanks Barbie' ... the tut may never be published - it's heck of a job getting it concise enough :|

The background sort of took over when I was making it, the lil' guy was secondary by the end. A bit of trial/ error and experimentation for a steampunk piece I've got on the go

I'm thinking the shadow is a bit too intense ?

Edited by welshblue

Thanks Helen and Goon' ... I think I'm with Goon' on the shadow, even on the thumbnail it looks 'thick'. Sod it, I'll change it next version

The tut' ... the body and head are easy, it's trying to get the legs explained easily which is proving my stumbling block ... too many screenshots :/

Perseverance is the key.

When I first started using PDN I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Luckily some kind people took pity on me and encouraged/ inspired me with tips and critique.

You're showing a great strength for manipulations - no need for you to draw things ;)

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Apartment No.9 ... Inspired by the late, great Tammy Wynette and 3 days later still trying to get my head around the death of Gary Speed.

He was a fantastic footballer before his retirement.

He'd made Wales into an international force again with his managerial skills - and restored a lot of lost pride ... add to that a beautiful wife, 2 beautiful kids and a bank account billions of people throughout the world would covet. Depression doesn't show favouritism. RIP Gary. May you find peace @ last

• Upvote 1

Apartment No.9 is soooooooo cool (and I sincerely mean that!). It would be awesome if you could "etch" his name into the wood. Just an idea, but it's superb the way it is. I quickly read the article and I can't even imagine (don't want to either) how terrified the wife must've been. That's just horrible.

Many thanks Barbie', Helen and Goon' ... glad you enjoyed the image - I can't help wondering how it would have looked, if my head had been in a different place. Possibly not so dark and broody - but knowing me ... quite possibly just the same boltbait.mad.png

Either way I can feel a series coming out of this until it's a room with a door ...

Thanks Goon' - Displacement is a useful tool when playing with wood ;) Although I've got to admit to being especially pleased with how the keyhole turned out

Yep, desperately sad about Speedo. When someone feels suicide is the only option it's a tragedy in so many ways

Edited by welshblue
  • welshblue changed the title to ~ WelshBlue ~Alone. A Novel ... ~ 21/09/2020