~ WelshBlue ~Alone. A Novel ... ~ 21/09/2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2008 at 6:48 PM, welshblue said:

:? Should I just Edit my last post to put a new image up ?

After messing around with drakaan's wood grain tutorial and a week of computer trouble.

A new W.I.P./ Project is born :

*** I must add ... drakaan's wood tut was in no way to blame for my computer trouble !

I forgot that I even *made* a wood tutorial.  Now I have to go find it and see if the images are even still there.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey @HELEN ... thank you so much.  Creative but lucky for all the great plugin authors who make it possible.  I hope you're keeping well ... especially in these times, which are scarier for some more than others illness wise.  Be safe across the water my friend 

@LionsDragon @Pixey @Maximilian ... I am so so sorry for not giving the thanks I should have when you commented.  Head's a shed as we say here,  but 3 months late is shocking even by my standards ... thank you for the nice comments

• Like 3

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Page 1.  Depression 

For years I've battled with the invisible curse brought on by PTSD and in these uncertain times, not having seen my son for  5 months and my daughter for 4 ... it creeps back up on you without you realising it ... Paint.net and this forum is currently keeping my head above water.  TMI ?  Ahh well ... better out than in.  I'm not ashamed of admitting it.

All PDN except the eye

Depression.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Those swirls are so smooth and silky :) even tho' it's a darkish theme :(

I can SO relate to this and do empathize with you.  I'm not feeling well into my 3rd week of chemo :( and, of course, it's making me feel more cranky and down than usual.  I get checked tomorrow and hopefully they may say I don't have to continue for 6 more weeks.

Hang in there, you won't be in lock down forever 🤪

• Like 3

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks @Pixey I tried to get 'smooth' into it to reflect hope  as in ... there's always a way out ?  It made sense to me at the time.  

Sorry to hear the chemo' isn't being kind, and that you get the good news you want today.  Keep that beautiful chin up ... we're alike, as in, I'm not beautiful but we're both fighters

22 hours ago, Pixey said:

Hang in there, you won't be in lock down forever

At least another 3 weeks here in Wales from today.  But always worse things for some in these times.

Thanks for the 👍 @ReMake

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

19 hours ago, welshblue said:

Sorry to hear the chemo' isn't being kind, and that you get the good news you want today.  Keep that beautiful chin up ... we're alike, as in, I'm not beautiful but we're both fighters

Which chin do you mean 🤣 anyway thank you for the lovely compliment :)  I am happy to say that I went along with my next chemo.  It turned out that I was taking an over-the-counter pill that was clashing with the treatment.  Just shows how one has to be so careful with these things 😱

At least another 3 weeks here in Wales from today.  But always worse things for some in these times.

We actually have gotten used to the lock down now and are not enjoying the ever increasing traffic and people on the beach 😜

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, Pixey said:

Just shows how one has to be so careful with these things

Glad to hear  that they sorted out what the problem was/ is.  Hopefully now you'll start to feel as well as possible now in the circumstances and remission is just around the corner.  

Lockdown.  I had to go out for the first time today in weeks and in the local garage someone asked me what are the chances of getting stopped by the police as they were from across the border from Shropshire ... they didn't seem too happy when I replied ... fairly good now I'm posting your number plate on the local  police Facebook page 🤣 (They aren't to know I'm not on faceless book)

Stupid,   ignorant or arrogant ... I can't make my mind up which some people are

Thanks for the rep' @Eli

Edited by welshblue

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

That is somewhat depressing Welshy. 

BUT...the glinting light on the swirls suggests things are getting better! 

The way your mind works, blows mine... 🤯

We're going into 'green' phase this Friday.  I already see lots of people without masks.

Bring the second wave on and let's get this over with for now, at least.

Hang in there... 🤗

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Thanks Lynxster ... as always very appreciated to receive your kind words

On 6/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, lynxster4 said:

The way your mind works, blows mine...

A mis-spent youth lasting into my early 40's either killed or opened up some brain cells 😛

On 6/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, lynxster4 said:

Bring the second wave on and let's get this over with for now, at least.

Aye.  

A generated text message yesterday from Welsh Government  ... telling me continue shielding/ isolating until the middle of August ... No way.  I'll go mad.    I'd rather take my chances with the virus 'cos the wife has stopped chuckling and started growling and snarling at my humour ... so I need to get out and about for both of us

Thanks for the rep @CsyeCok The Soldier

Edited by welshblue

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

A mis-spent youth lasting into my early 40's either killed or opened up some brain cells 😛

heeheeheehee.... 😆

telling me continue shielding/ isolating until the middle of August

I don't want to de-rail your art gallery, but...WHY??  That sounds a bit too harsh. Is Wales that bad? Or are they just being extra cautious?

Most countries are starting to open up...

❤️ @welshblue!

You always create wonderful works of art.
Just to have an idea like that. 
An excellent work.

Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

(rep in the next days)

• Like 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

On 6/7/2020 at 5:42 PM, Seerose said:

You always create wonderful works of art.
Just to have an idea like that.

Thank you as always @Seerose ... I tend to make art from the heart, so it's always personal to my feelings.

Really good to see you back again

On 6/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, lynxster4 said:

That sounds a bit too harsh. Is Wales that bad? Or are they just being extra cautious?

Most countries are starting to open up...

Not that bad compare to some but still a high death rate, it's the vulnerable 130,000 who have to shield until mid August. 

They're just protecting their resources of just 150 critical care beds, and preparing for the second wave I guess by restricting the general populace to just 5 mile journeys from home.   

Just a shame that in 2 days the local police stopped 720 cars who decided that it's OK to flout the Welsh legislation and cross the border, making the second wave seem almost inevitable.  I can't be doing with the selfishness that this pandemic is showing from some ... sod the fines, just crush their cars ...

Time will soon go.  A patio to lay, a shed to build from scratch and the garden to look after ... plus all the money I'm saving by staying home 👍

• Like 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

❤️ @welshblue

My second mobile phone Nokia has been. My God, those were the days. :) 

Thank you so much, excellent work. :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I got my first phone at the time they were transitioning into the clamshell and flip phones, so I missed the golden age of the brick phones.

Fantastic shading, especially on the side view. The buttons might be my favourite bit, they look so good. I feel like I can reach out and grab it, and it would still have battery.

• Like 1

Wonderful Nokia phone @welshblue  <3

Everything about it is perfect!  Well done!  😄

• Like 1
On 7/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, Drydareelin said:

so I missed the golden age of the brick phones.

I'll tell you a lil' secret ... I've only ever had 3 mobile phones since their conception, and it drives my wife mad that I don't have one.  

"What about if you have a crash ? "  The car itself will alert the emergency services.  "What if you break down ?" Phone boxes or knock on a door etc etc

Thanks for the kind words and for the nomination.

@Pixey @Seerose @lynxster4 ... thank you for the kind words ladies, as always your support and comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks @ReMake for the 👍

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still on a retro technology kick, a PlayStation 1 controller

Control.png

• Like 3

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

15 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Still on a retro technology kick, a PlayStation 1 controller

Very realistic.

Take a look, over 12 years 130 pages of discussion and comments, 3,249 replies and 719,227 views. This is impressive! Especially the first page!

Edited by ReMake
Shared impressions.
  • Like 1
  • welshblue changed the title to ~ WelshBlue ~Alone. A Novel ... ~ 21/09/2020