welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~ Vector Style Glass #1 ~ 16/07/2019

Torment & Tori ... 3 different settings with my torus tut >>> Rotate/ Zoom. Making sure there is a gap between each them >>> Trail >>> Merge >>> Polar Inversion/ Polar Transformation/ Drop Shadow

Welsh, I heard that you're coming out with a plugin-in to be able to do things like you do. Psstt...I'd buy it off of you if you'll sell it to me earlier. :) No, but for real. This is impressive! I don't like it. I LOVE IT! The way the torus bends like that and seems to have a liquid/clay-like texture, is unbelievable! I love the rocky sphere. Great things you're posting yet once again. A real treat!

Oh man! That is just awesome! Great choice in the colours too. There is the smooth, almost sticky caramel & the prickly sphere. Very nice. Now I will have to go back to that tute & play some more. I have it bookmarked. It is one of those images that you can look at for ages, just lazily following the swirls. Very relaxing & the red is energising. Yummo!

I agree w/Barbie. It's a cool piece and is excellent to just sit and stare at and absorb it. It certainly piked my curiousity about how you did it - so where is the tutorial link? I don't think I've seen that one.

EDIT: Fixed mis-spelling

Edited by jim100361

I am always amazed at what you keep squeezing out of these polar plug-ins.Just goes to prove some plug-ins have no limits( in your hands).BBQ.hit the nail on the head with her description.(sticky caramel). Awesome work.

WoW! I'm quite mesmerized looking at the swirls. It's like looking over the side of a cliff - can't drag my eyes away :smile:

@ Helen, Red O', BarbieQ', Jim', Dug and Nanette ... many thanks people. Especially pleasing as it seems to have captured the 'look' I was aiming for.

@ Jim' ... there is no tut for the latest image, just a few pointers (the torus tut ... surely you remember that one ... :P )

I am actually considering writing a tut for the technique used as there has to be 000's of different outcomes depending on your starting shape and which distorts you use.

Would anyone want to see it ?

Following image made with the same technique with just a lil' PI added and then S3D of the duplicated image added

th_toripurple.png

Edited by welshblue

Oh wow! I love the purple one! Reminds me of paint being poured from a height. It's dark, sensually moody & the bee's knees. :)

I most certainly would love to see it.

I agree w/Barbie. It's a cool piece and is excellent to just sit and stare at and absorb it. It certainly piked my curiousity about how you did it - so where is the tutorial link? I don't think I've seen that one.

EDIT: Fixed mis-spelling

piked: verb to kill or thrust (someone) through with a pike.

I think you mean piqued ;)

Anyhow, I'm going to up the number of votes to 6...that is one truly amazing effect!

...and it EER locks it, I swear I'll report him for mod power abuse :P Whether or not he bans himself is another issue...

piked: verb to kill or thrust (someone) through with a pike.

I think you mean piqued ;)

Anyhow, I'm going to up the number of votes to 6...that is one truly amazing effect!

...and it EER locks it, I swear I'll report him for mod power abuse :P Whether or not he bans himself is another issue...

Or to hit someone on the head with a fish :P

The inspiration came from this mate Click One of those if I did this and then that with a bit more of this and that moments

12 screenshots of the tut done ...

I may have interested you into PDN but wow the work you have in here is amazing. I especially like the usb/battery objects you've done. They look really clean and appealing.

Many thanks Jerkfight. Very much appreciated from someone who made that media player sig ( I must admit I'm indebted to ASH and oma for a lot of help and guidance starting off. Plus the help and support of people here now.)

On the tut front ... it's nearly finished. Just trying to concise it down a bit - a lottt of screenshots.

Will take EER's advice and make it into a pdf (when I find out how to do it :evillaugh: )

Edited by welshblue

Welshy, if you have done it in Word or if you can export the whole lot into Word, you can choose to save it as a pdf in the file type (like pdn). :)

I never knew that. We all live and learn. Trying to condense it down but keep it suitable for both new users and experienced users is a biatch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Titled Which way the wind blows on Pg. 1 but very much inspired by Hazel O'Connor and 8th Day

• Upvote 1

When I saw the title, I found myself humming the 12 Days of Christmas (Christmas starts for me very early, apparently ;)). When I opened this image, I was taken aback. The colors are so luminous. Very beautiful, Welsh. I really love the darker background because it really brings out the golden yellow and orange color. The planet at the bottom is a great position for it to be.

A chilling tale indeed & love how your image portrays how insignificant we really are in the scheme of things. The image & the song compliment each other beautifully. A wonderful dark image from you again that is full of meaning & emotion. The realism is there as well as the feeling. Well done!

'8th day' - You've got a great method for making galaxy type skies.

About 20 odd years ago I travelled northern India and in every 'cafe' (chi not coffee), they would have a giant poster of a beautiful scene, normally with trite, semi-religious words of optimism at the bottom. This has an equally uplifting image with a more apocolyptic message. I like it.

By the way I saw Hazel O'connor supporting the Stranglers way back - probably around when 'Broken glass' came out. Good stuff. :)

• Upvote 1