welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~ Vector Style Glass #1 ~ 16/07/2019

On 01/10/2017 at 12:53 AM, Woodsy said:

I'm just trying to figure out how the text was made

I should have stated it was a photo' manipulation of sorts.

The text came from HERE.  The skull originally from Sculptris (great free programme) that I heavily gave the PDN twist to ... colouring/ shading ... giving extra teeth to etc :lol:

skull_white_ex.png

Thanks mate

• Like 1

@HELEN ... I'm really flattered that you think I'm capable of sculpting that, but sadly; whilst I'm honest ... I'm not that good.  I worked from a file available on the Sculptris Forum.

@JulioCoolio ... many thank yous for those kind words ... hopefully you'll enjoy FireStone as much ...

------------------------------------------------

FireStone onPg. 1 

Clearing out old files and combining different parts of old and adding some new touches

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Very, very nice result @welshblue :star:.  I wish I had that quality of old files lying around on my computer :lol:.  I remember your chain link tutorial from before ;).

• Like 1

Firestone is a wonderful mix of colour & steely glints. Also there is soft round smooth surfaces as well as the jagged background which rather than posing a conundrum, seems to answer itself. Nice one!

• Like 1

On 15/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, Woodsy said:

I don't know how you do it but you've captured that look of realization, again

Ummm ... not looked in your Gallery lately ?  :)  Pot and kettle mate.  Thanks mate, glad you liked it

@LionsDragon ... @Seerose ... @lynxster4 ... many thanks ladies.  If it was real you could have one each ;)

On 15/10/2017 at 7:56 PM, Pixey said:

I wish I had that quality of old files lying around on my computer

TBH I've got a lot of stuff on memory stick from before my hiatus and it's scary how much stuff I've amassed.  But good to fall back on when the brain can't work out a way

As always ... many thanks

On 17/10/2017 at 12:41 PM, barbieq25 said:

jagged background which rather than posing a conundrum, seems to answer itself. 

I wish I could take credit for that ... it's pure luck.  But I like your interpretation,  it fits it beautifully (I could spout guff about subconsciously ... but it would be bull' :D)

As always B' ... many thanks

@JulioCoolio ... many thanks, but like above with the background, the stone is pure luck from playing with textures and Blend Modes and it fell lucky.

I wish my Football betting fell so lucky ... Manchester United let me down for £824 today ... gonna stick with PDN :/

----------------------------------------------------------

Dystopian Dream on Pg.1

My take on looking in to a Dystopian city.  Very loose artistic licence.  Clouds are brushes

A big thanks to @Ego Eram Reputo ... sort of my proof reader on this one and he picked out some good points to change ... also thanks for the Planetoid plugin for the textures ... definitely Clouds on steroids

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Wow...I really like Dystopian Dream.    I immediately thought of Stephen's Kings 'The Dark Tower'!    =O     Well done, Welshy!    <3

• Like 1

Fabulous! I do love your dark works. A lot to see & like in this image. Each element takes the viewer through the scene & tells a story. Well done!

• Like 1

Ho-lee nertz, dude...I have to agree with @lynxster4, that is always how I've envisioned the Dark Tower. This is just...aye, wow, look at the ex-librarian lost for words here!

I'm really torn between, "What happened?" and, "How bad would the nightmares be if you knew?"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, welshblue said:

A big thanks to @Ego Eram Reputo ... sort of my proof reader on this one and he picked out some good points to change ...

You're most welcome Welshy. I'm glad I could be a little help with Dystopian Dream. Its a stunner!!

8 hours ago, welshblue said:

thanks for the Planetoid plugin for the textures ... definitely Clouds on steroids

:lol:

Wow!  Dystopian Dream is superb @welshblue.  You definitely have a 'style' going on with your works these days :D.  I shouldn't say this, as you will probably swear blue murder .................  but, I can see an image of a cat's face in the middle of the rocks :lol:

• Like 1

<3 @welshblue!

:trophy: I can only say excellent, has sowas full secrets. Whether the sunshine is all right again.

I am enthusiastic every time. Thank you so much for your effort. :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

@lynxster4 ... @barbieq25 ... @Woodsy ... @Ego Eram Reputo ... @LionsDragon ... @Pixey ... @Seerose

Many thanks guys, as always the input and appreciation for the time taken is well umm appreciated. (10 weeks in this case)  Dystopian Dreams was one of my insomnia pieces;  I like to have various files (it used to be be PS but also PDN now) that I can attack when sleep eludes for various reasons,  so some bits are darker than others ... but like BarbieQ' I enjoy the darker side of my work - it's a great release.  Like depressing music makes you feel better because someone is worse off than you.

Dammit run out of Rep points again but I'll be back

On 22/10/2017 at 3:07 AM, Woodsy said:

Ya' know, you'll find graffiti anywhere.

Where I live, the town is surrounded by hills and there was a huge Anarchy sign painted on the rocks for about 20 years.  They got rid of it when a member of the royal family were due to visit ... and Welsh Nationalist slogans took it's place ... so that was my touch of nostalgia

Below, playing around with Planetoid again and thinking what Pixey said above :arrow-up:... maybe there is a cat =O ... I must've been in a bad place :lol:

But there's definitely something in the sand ... 

sand_tiger.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@welshblueI can visualise the anarchy sign :D We grow to accept & miss things like that when they are gone. 

The addition of the waves foam at the top really grounds the tiger. It makes me want to hold the encroaching waves back to save the tiger. Rather an emotive piece for me.

Brilliant idea & well executed as always.  :star: 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, barbieq25 said:

Rather an emotive piece for me.

You always know what's inside my head.  I was going to call it The Sands of Time but that was taken ;)

I'm glad you saw the interpretation of man being the water sweeping away nature.  Thanks as always

@Woodsy ... thank mate.  Been a long time since I played in the sand ... it gets everywhere :P

9 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Tiger - all I can see is a likeness of Elvis?? :lol:

Huh ... can you actually get working prosthetic eyes :P 

Thanks mate.  Planetoid is throwing up some very interesting textures by blending etc ... will share soon.

THis is Elvis ...

elvis.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2