welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~ Vector Style Glass #1 ~ 16/07/2019

Okay, the tip of the sword made my heart jump like it made the image even more complete!

Stunning details, Welsh. Your skills in PDN has reached a bar that is hard to reach for me. Wow! The sword. Superb work, Welsh!

Edited by HELEN

@ BarbieQ, Daniels, Drew, Dug, Helen and SkullBonz ... many thanks. This is a good example of feedback improving an image.
Sometimes the eyes of others can see more than our own when we've been looking at something too long ?  Is it more objective or subjective ??  

@ Helen ... who did I come to for help with writing that tutorial ;)

@ Skull' ... a spider ? That's one thing that's never crept into any of my images ... what's the point of making something if you can't look at it when it's finished  :evillaugh:

Ordinarily adding a bit of claret appeals to me.  In this instance I think it detracts from the exercise of making a glossy metal ?  Where I wanted the star of the show to be the sheen.  

If the background was B & W it would work ... and if the tip didn't have the reddish glow.  http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/170/3/4/depths_by_pdnwelsh-d69qzcf.png'>Depths is a good example where the blood in the image only works because of the colour of the back and fore grounds 

... but I'm always happy to stand corrected by the majority. To be bloody or not to be bloody ?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/219/3/6/hot_steel_2_blood_by_pdnwelsh-d6h29v6.jpg">http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/219/3/6/hot_steel_2_blood_by_pdnwelsh-d6h29v6.jpg

Edited by welshblue
  • Upvote 1

Eh...not fond of the blood. It's gotta follow the sword like you stabbed/slashed a person with it. This way, it interrupts the edge...kinda like someone dripped red paint on it while painting the ceiling.

The sword itself is fantastic :)

Thanks 'Noob.

Not the best example of the blood.  I was trying to show that blood there would make it all too 'red' ... personally I think dripping blood would make it even more so, detracting away from the tip's glow and the background.

If the background was B & W, dripping blood would look great, but the background is just as important to the image in this instance IMO.

But my wife is always telling me I'm wrong ... and I always agree even when I know I'm not sometimes  :evillaugh:

Now I know I posted a response...guess it way the glitchy internet at work.

No blood...agree with all of what you said on why not to have it in.

I like the "bloodless" version better, Welsh. And I looked at the sword again and it makes me wonder, does it have some sort of powers?

Regarding the tut, hmmm...never thought about that. ;)

I know I don't post many times in the gallery, not having one is the main reason, but that sword is stunning, I would love to know how you got it so authentic, the glow on the point and the blood on the blade is a real nice touch. A tutorial must be in the making. 10 out of 10 on a great work. 

@ BarbieQ' , Helen, Beta, YM, TR, Sasha and NN ... thanks guys. The feedback was invaluable on this piece. Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees on your own pieces and the eyes of others see a lot more.

A tutorial ? It would be a long one. About the same length as the revolver tutorial I wrote for Drew' ... ask him how long that one was. I think EER would blow a gasket if I posted it here, plus we've got Oma's tute' ... but I'm willing to put a few pointers together if people want

Another sharp object - Le Requin on Pg. 1  The title thanks to my daughter. I didn't notice the resemblance until she pointed it out

2 versions.  One for the blood-thirsty amongst us. 

I am just happy the revolver wasn't a real one - it would have been used on myself :lol: - great tute though,. I should post my result in my gallery really, a bit rude not to (note to self - update gallery asap) 

Le Requin 1&2 are stunning once more, I am in awe at the details and the realism of both of them, I really like the text engraved and the blood on #2 are excellent, the background sets off the blades perfectly. Another top work from you mate. B)

Even the keenest of them eyes could've been fooled that the wooden texture is created by a texture master in Paint.NET. ;)

The sword/knife is so shiny. Great usage of an extra highlight for the blade as it adds a sharpness to it (pun intended, get it? :))

The etched text right on it is so cool. I know that it's a simple touch, but it adds so much more to the knife. The shark tail (thus, the title by your daughter, I suppose) is a neat detail. I've seen similar shapes of this knife, but never something so unique.

Just love the handle (the grip part). A wonderful combination of textures there that would feel good to hold. It looks balanced which is very important for me in a knife. Great shine to the blade & the blood is very realistic. It works really well in the second image because of the background as opposed to the sword one, as discussed previously. The shark tail part is just the bee's knees not to mention the fine detail that has gone into the handle. Fabulous work Welshy!!

Yes cool title,I agree with everything that has already been said and say it again, I think you have taken the sheen of the metal to another level.Excellent!  Not too much into blood and weapons thou.

First, a sword. Now, a dagger (?)

The letters are very elegant. And the wood looks real. Very real. :]

The blood looks real also. It isn't too bright or too dark. Just right. :]