~ WelshBlue ~ Sunk ~ 17/10/2020

@ Soka' ... thanks, there wasn't a skull in there ... perhaps your monitor is possessed :twisted:

@ chad ... thanks mate, inspiration is low, so I'm recycling old stuff :wink:

@ Nemo ... thanks mate, Siren's Call is my #1 choice out of all my abstracts too ... and it looks pretty cool framed on the wall :)

@ YM ... thanks matey, if you want to use Siren's Call on your phone, be my guest.

As for the feathering, depending on what it is, I'm usually quite brutal and take it to the max. Then duplicate layer to get back any opacity lost.

More lack of inspiration:

Sonar

th_anisub.gif

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

I could've sworn I commented in your gallery, but I guess I didn't. Well, I'm not only amazed at your art skills, you're really good at animating things, too. Gosh, you're so good at everything. :shock:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

very nice welshy! Where's my log cabin lol! anyways what program do you use to make your gifs because i want to give it a shot. The animated gif plugin doesn't give me the quality i want.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Hey Welsh, your beach scene has a lot of potential - you could animate the clouds, water, vary the rain, maybe even add some lighting! I think there's a lot to be done with it still :)

Your stuff is looking great! I love the abstract with the notes - looks very controlled, showing you know what you're doing, and don't just play around with effects.

Great updates, I'm glad I stopped by.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@ Helen ... don't worry about it, you've commented on one board :wink: As always, thanks for the encouragement and compliments.

@ Chad, the log cabin ? It's still very much a WIP ... although I am working on a bark texture for it :wink: (See below)

@ 'Nab ... thanks a lot man, I'm glad you enjoyed your look around. :)

The beach scene ... hmmmm great ideas, now you've put the idea in my head I'll have to do it.

@ Barbie' ... thank you, your continued support is very much appreciated :)

@ Soka' ... thank you, as above thanks for looking and leaving a comment.

Trying to find a bark texture for Chad's log cabin: (The axe was an after thought which I may play with to get it more 'realistic')

th_axe2.png

An adjustable spanner (wrench) for my tools category. After a discussion on Fans, with the original there's also a shiney one, a dirty one and a rusty one :P

th_adjustablespanner.png th_goonsspanner.png th_SargonSpanner.jpg th_adjustablespanner2rust.png

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

I thought I'd comment here, too since you've changed the background. Wow! The wood texture in the axe handle, the stump, and background is fabulous! Now I remember why I come to PDN every day with such high expectations from others. :wink:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@ SokaGirl and Chad' ... thanks :) The log cabin may take a while. it all depends on planning permission :P

@ Goon' ... thanks mate :wink:

@ Gamer' ... thanks mate, there should be a few new additions to the tool box over the weekend :wink:

@ Oma ... thanks. You keep us all on our toes with textures, and the axe is undergoing a few slight tweaks before it has it's own spot in the tools section.

using the bark texture:

Days End

th_EndofDays.png

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o You left me speechless on the other board with this image and I still can't find words. This is one of the most amazing images I've seen. I really don't know which one I like best of yours because they're all outstanding and worth seeing. I'm in awe at your artistic abilities (in a good way)! :shock:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@ Helen ... now you know how I feel when I look at your gallery :P

You've been one of the most loyal users with my gallery since I've started and I thank you sincerely

@ Soka' ... thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it - the mist be animated soon :wink: ... I just hope I can carry on making images you enjoy

@ Lego ... thanks. I'm quite pleased/ proud of some of the abstracts and two you picked out are top of the list. Glad you enjoyed your look around.

More importantly, as I said in your gallery ... great to see you :wink:

@ DarkShock ... thanks man. A fantastic gob conjures up all sorts of memories in my head, but I won't go there....

I'm glad you liked it mate.

After playing around with an old abstract, my media player was born

mpfini6.gif

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

I love your media player. I think that it's creativity and animatedness is what's appealing. Just WOW! :shock: I also like this collab piece because it's so realistic. I can't encompass this in my head that this was done in PDN. I mean look at the stone texture and the grass and the mountain behind it. The flowers add such intricate detail to this image that I want to come and visit this place. Not only the message is powerful behind this image, but the image itself is so attractive. Great job to both of you! :wink:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Excellent greenery around the memorial. Theres are real sense of realism about them. :)

For the memorial, i suggest adding a little displacement on the top bit of the base, to give more of a 3D effect. Similar to yellowman's method of making icebergs, but more subtle. :)

(I moved this post from the Image Umbrella to here. Seemed more fitting here.. )

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

@ Helen ... thank you :) It's a tribute to special people who seem to be over looked by the UK government (politicians making themselves rich and sod everyone else ... past and present)

A place to visit ? Would you really want to get inside the minds of myself and AFG ? That idea scares me and I'm one of those minds :P

@ Soka' ... thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the media player and tribute ... they were both great pieces to make. I'll send you a seat-belt incase you fall off your chair again, any time soon :P

@ LFC' ... thanks man, good call on the Alpha Displacement for the base. Now you've said it, it seems pretty obvious; but it didn't cross my mind :roll:

@ Sharp ... thanks man. This was our 1st collab' and I guess it's difficult sometimes to get the contrast right. I'm more mean 'n' moody and AFG is bright and cheerful :P

Thanks for commenting guys (Including LJXD and YM in the Realistic Umbrella section)

My WOTW entry:

th_bluewotw.png

turned into the following images after playing around with Varicose and P.I.

Wired Again

Infinity

Day Glo

Glass Straws

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

• welshblue changed the title to ~ WelshBlue ~ Sunk ~ 17/10/2020