~ WelshBlue ~ Sunk ~ 17/10/2020

@ Possum' ... thanks man, good to see you back here ... that's more important than any image :wink:

I think eventually this may turn into a desert scene, complete with bird and rocks, for now I want a cactus for something else ... then you'll see how really weird my imagination is !! :lol:

Nope never seen one of these cacti in real life ... the Welsh climate is more suited for water lilies :wink:

@ YellowMan ... thanks mate. Everything was S3D after getting the initial colours.

It was all trial and error and to be honest a bit of a quick, botch job. it's not going to win any awards but at least hopefully I'm on the right track ... ?

@ Helen ... I've finally worked out the adhesive bandage ... what we call a sticking plaster and you's in the USA call a band aid ?

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

I'm currently going through that mental block you went through and haven't opened PDN in days :?

How about finishing off some of your unfinished work and expand up on it? ie. cactus-->desert scenery.

Or look at other's work, see if you can do better. ie. space station.

And while working on these, you will find new tricks and go: hey, I can use this method to do this and that.

Read a book, listen to music, watch a movie...etc.

Or even just mess around with all the effects... that's what I do often. ;)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Thanks Ash and good points :wink:

This is going to sound really sad now ... I've 17 unfinished PDN files, most of which I've never aired online ... so I guess it's best to finish them or else hours (equating to possibly days) of my life have been wasted. I'll knuckle down and work through them.

I've re-started with the 2 cacti. After placing 20 layers of splines ... only about another 180 to go :lol:

This is going to be slow, painful work getting the angles right :Rulers:

As for the spacestation ... I don't think I could get any better than Goon's ... I even had to google what you meant by DS9 in his thread ... not being a sci-fi fan. Even now I'm not sure if you meant Deep Space 9 :?

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

I'm also just finishing up some of my 1/2 dones. Welsh the pony is slated for the paint.net round tomorrow. having trouble with the legs but you will receive it as is within the next few days. maybe you can work it into that 1/2 finished western I just know is kicking around on your computor. :lol: just hide the feet LOL! they are a total disgrace. :lol::lol:

ciao OMA

Thanks Ash and good points :wink:

This is going to sound really sad now ... I've 17 unfinished PDN files, most of which I've never aired online ... so I guess it's best to finish them or else hours (equating to possibly days) of my life have been wasted. I'll knuckle down and work through them.

I've re-started with the 2 cacti. After placing 20 layers of splines ... only about another 180 to go :lol:

This is going to be slow, painful work getting the angles right :Rulers:

As for the spacestation ... I don't think I could get any better than Goon's ... I even had to google what you meant by DS9 in his thread ... not being a sci-fi fan. Even now I'm not sure if you meant Deep Space 9 :?

Yeah, sometimes just can't beat good old hard work, I'm sure the cacti will turn out lovely.

And yes, DS9 = Deep Space 9. the opening scene are good example to follow. As in background vs. space station.

And if only you can see how many unfinished PDNs on my system... :P

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I'm also just finishing up some of my 1/2 dones. Welsh the pony is slated for the paint.net round tomorrow. having trouble with the legs but you will receive it as is within the next few days. maybe you can work it into that 1/2 finished western I just know is kicking around on your computor. :lol: just hide the feet LOL! they are a total disgrace. :lol::lol:

ciao OMA

:lol: I'd say the western scene is a 1/4 finished :wink: I'll make the horse some cowboy boots :Sharpen:

I posted the peas in the abstract umbrella ... not being able to find an obscure one :lol:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

@ 'Nab ... thanks man, I'd forgotten about memory :lol:

@ Axle ... thanks, anyone who knows my work will think you've summed it all up perfectly :wink:

Weird and off the wall is my sorta style :lol:

And hopefully pretty original ...

th_ipodgreen3.png

There's a few things not right with it, but it became a rush job to reach a challenge dead-line, also ended up with a few merged layers there shouldn't have been :roll:

Brad.Pike picked up on all the faults in a nut-shell (or a pea-pod :oops:) in the abstract thread

Some cookies for the most original music tracks you could put on it ...

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Looks great, I just want to click on those buttons to listen to some green music :lol:, you managed every thing in the image very well, and the background is wonderful, you know what, it looks so professional I think you have to watermark it, I am sure they will steal the image it if not the idea at least or if not they already did.

Thanks YM ... from a respected artist like yourself, your words always mean a lot. I'm glad you like it mate. I know it's a mad-cap idea but I was pretty pleased with it. Life gets boring if you're serious all the time ...

Isn't that the truth ! This is supposed to be fun and some times you just need to let the wackiness out of the closet. Or in my case, the arms out of the straight jacket. I don't think anyone else picked up on your comment about working on the cacti being painful. :lol: Well I guess it would be a sticky situation to be in. :lol: But I guess you're just stuck with it. :lol::lol: I'm sure you will get to the point eventually. :lol::lol::lol:

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ nemo ... they're welcome to it ... it composts down in about 3 months :wink:

@ Possum ... you didn't mention prickly heat :lol: (The cactus is still an on-going WIP)

On the not taking it serious front, almost everything I've done is tongue in cheek, going for humour to try and cover my lack of real artistic talent :P

My entry in the grunge wallpaper comp'

With - In

th_grungecomp.png

A quick play around with Crimson's make an advert tut'.

th_crimsontut.png

A glassy apple made when using distorts for the shapes:

th_appletuttry.png

All 3 images PDN

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

• welshblue changed the title to ~ WelshBlue ~ Sunk ~ 17/10/2020