~ WelshBlue ~ Sunk ~ 17/10/2020

Fizzy was mainly my daughters work, I just gave her a few pointers ... she says thanks to everyone who liked it ... and to yellowman, I told her about changing the highlight directions and the look she gave would have cut down a tree :wink: For what it's worth I agree with you ... but try convincing a 10 yr old girl she's wrong :D

:lol::lol: How so true! Children are incredible, but downright defensive about their artwork. I am impressed with how your daughter, being 10, could create something, with her daddy's help, neat like Fizzy. It's so cute and playful. I can't see anything wrong except the bottom, perhaps a bit more transparency could help?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@ LFC' and Storm' ... thanks guys, I was going to blag you about the base ... but I won't because you're both right :wink:

@ Yellowman ... say what you want mate, everybody has to learn about criticism - even kids. Although the glass is all my work - and I've got broad shoulders :) ( the base was pinched from another PDN piece)

@ Helen ... Thank you. Your kind words are always appreciated :idea:

@ oma ... Thanks. I'm still reeling after seeing the finished Hummy piece. Amazing.

My daughter is happy sat with a sketch pad and pencil ... she must have her mum's talent as she's the one with art qualifications :D

@ AmadeusX ... thanks mate, it was great to see you back here.

@ atypicalcarl ... thanks ... the gears one has inspired me to attempt different engine parts, hopefully I can carry it off :?

@ GoonFella ... thanks mate ... hopefully the new draft will be more refreshing :wink:

Fizzled Out

fizzledout.png

... apologies for using a stock background but my attempts at a palm tree looked like something from Chernobyl :?

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

if it snows one more time this week here I'm packing my bags and heading south for a few sips on this fine type of beverage.

ciao

OMA

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can relate to you Oma on that. I grew up in the New England area and I grew to hate the winter up there.

@WB, that piece looks good, and I can't find anything wrong with it. Keep encouraging your daughter. I have the feeling she'll be like you when it comes to PDNing. :wink: Must be in the gene.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Thanks Storm' ... to date I think it's the best glass piece I've done, I'd like it more if I hadn't of been so lazy ... and had made a background instead of copying and pasting one, but I think I've got a low boredom thresh-hold when I work on the same image for a while.

Which is what makes oma's pieces so great ... having the patience of a saint :wink:

( I will have to add the new straw and orange slices tho')

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

12 months since I joined ... time does go quick when you're having fun !

Thanks to all those that have contributed/ encouraged me ... even nominating a couple of pieces. Huger thanks has to go to all plug-in authors and tut' writers

Any advice/ critique is always appreciated... as well as being duly noted; if not implemented on the image in question :D .

(some PM's don't count)

This is a great, great software and the potential has to be infinite ?

Thanks to Storm' for his feedback on this:

th_sparkplug.png

... it turned from Bright Spark... into ...Tool ... and almost a week later I'll call it:

The Quest to Make a Full ToolBox

th_brightspark.png

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

:o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am amazed! I am appalled! It's purely awesome and it's so good! I love the shading and the spiral of the bolt. Oh my........! I just noticed that PDN and paint.NET are etched on the tools. It's an amazing piece. Gosh, your work is just great. I love the toolbox!!!!!!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks Yellowman, Storm', Helen, GoonFella and Janettsue and glad you's enjoyed it ... the spanner was the easiest if you do like Ash says in this tut 3D chrome ... and think outside the box.

A straight line, 2 circles ... line tool with a rounded end to cut the slots ... tilt slightly and use Ash's method.

I was going to make a power drill for my next project but after an hour of junking attempts I think I'll make some different tools ... adjustable spanners, screwdrivers etc :?

Did anyone spot the hidden message ...

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Thank you oma ... and thanks for advice this past 12 months :)

Hopefully I can push on and you'll have to make me a badge for your Realism Club in 12 months time :lol:

BTW ... I had meant to say when I posted that last image, the inspiration for the spanner came from the one Max Power posted on page 2 of his gallery MOMA

I found the 1st thing I did with Paint.NET :lol:

Hidden Content:
1stpic.png

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Thanks 'Sozo and Helen, your kind words are very much appreciated.

I had the idea for the next image when I was doing the spark plug one, and it developed into a dedication to oma for all her advice and tutorials. The dials are stock and I traced the outline of the anvil

Gas Attaxe

th_gasattaxe.png

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

• welshblue changed the title to ~ WelshBlue ~ Sunk ~ 17/10/2020