~ WelshBlue ~ Sunk ~ 17/10/2020

Thanks again Storm' :wink:

Thank you very much for your kind words oma but I'm sure there are loads of people who screamed "No Way" when they read "You are giving me a run for my money!"

(It would have to be your money ... because my wife and kids take all mine :lol: )

I'm glad you enjoy looking at my 'work' :D:D I think it's official now, PDN is a hobby, not a programme I used when I was bored whilst recovering from an accident. :arrow:

Paint.NET is such an user friendly editor, but the beauty is you can still learn something new every day :D 8)

Adding shadows as per LFC's recommendation. It hasn't worked out that clever as I'd flattened all the layers :roll:

clockeditanimationyr0.png

By welshblue at 2009-02-02

Apologies to IE browser users, but the .gifs look terrible (the apng isn't brilliant. Timing etc. I still prefer the 'still' image :roll: )

(*Edit, when I've got time I think I will make it a .gif, to see the comparisons)

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Thanks again Storm' :wink:

Thank you very much for your kind words oma but I'm sure there are loads of people who screamed "No Way" when they read "You are giving me a run for my money!"

(It would have to be your money ... because my wife and kids take all mine :lol: )

I'm glad you enjoy looking at my 'work' :D:D I think it's official now, PDN is a hobby, not a programme I used when I was bored whilst recovering from an accident. :arrow:

Paint.NET is such an user friendly editor, but the beauty is you can still learn something new every day :D 8)

Adding shadows as per LFC's recommendation. It hasn't worked out that clever as I'd flattened all the layers :roll:

clockeditanimationyr0.png

By welshblue at 2009-02-02

Apologies to IE browser users, but the .gifs look terrible (the apng isn't brilliant. Timing etc. I still prefer the 'still' image :roll: )

(*Edit, when I've got time I think I will make it a .gif, to see the comparisons)

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

It's not often I'm speechless, but hey ...

The start of a New WIP, I'm going to attempt a whole tree not just the planks :lol: stage one:

From small acorns ...

acorn1st.png

(:? Looking at the preview, a fair bit of work needed before I do the tree)

:shock: Dude...I quiver in anticipation of your tree.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

It's not often I'm speechless, but hey ...

The start of a New WIP, I'm going to attempt a whole tree not just the planks :lol: stage one:

From small acorns ...

acorn1st.png

(:? Looking at the preview, a fair bit of work needed before I do the tree)

:shock: Dude...I quiver in anticipation of your tree.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Awesome? Yes. Improvable? Yes.

A few pointers:

• [*:3e2a9niz]the texture on the bullet bit on the acorn is fine, but you see it looks flat. That isn't a shading problem though. Its a texture problem. The texture look like it wraps around the bullet bit. Fix that and it'll look better. Hint: S3D ;)
    [*:3e2a9niz]Same thing for the bumpy bit under the bullet bit. Needs to wrap around. Also texture looks weird.. It looks really bumpy and rocky.. which is a good texture, but not the right one imo. :wink: Try using the shingle fill mode, and distorting it to suit the texture. It might look better. If it doesn't scrap the new texture idea.
    [*:3e2a9niz]Rest looks good, but underneath the small leaf, a little bit of :AntiAliasingOff: . Line tool could fix it, i dunno, i dont really know how to fix :AntiAliasingOff: edges..

Looking forward to the masterpiece! :D

Dont give up either. It'll be worth it.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Awesome? Yes. Improvable? Yes.

A few pointers:

• [*:3e2a9niz]the texture on the bullet bit on the acorn is fine, but you see it looks flat. That isn't a shading problem though. Its a texture problem. The texture look like it wraps around the bullet bit. Fix that and it'll look better. Hint: S3D ;)
    [*:3e2a9niz]Same thing for the bumpy bit under the bullet bit. Needs to wrap around. Also texture looks weird.. It looks really bumpy and rocky.. which is a good texture, but not the right one imo. :wink: Try using the shingle fill mode, and distorting it to suit the texture. It might look better. If it doesn't scrap the new texture idea.
    [*:3e2a9niz]Rest looks good, but underneath the small leaf, a little bit of :AntiAliasingOff: . Line tool could fix it, i dunno, i dont really know how to fix :AntiAliasingOff: edges..

Looking forward to the masterpiece! :D

Dont give up either. It'll be worth it.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thanks Helen, oma, AmadeusX and Storm' :D And thanks LFC' for the tips. Shingles didn't really work - so I tried Tile Reflection. I'm not sure if it works or not ? Maybe a bit of brown using blur colouring ?

My latest 2 attempts:

th_acorn3.png th_acorn2.png

I won't rush this one oma :wink:

The one thing I learnt today after my workmates found it highly amusing to see me examing acorns is ... they hurt like hell when 3 blokes are chucking them at you :evil:

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Thanks Helen, oma, AmadeusX and Storm' :D And thanks LFC' for the tips. Shingles didn't really work - so I tried Tile Reflection. I'm not sure if it works or not ? Maybe a bit of brown using blur colouring ?

My latest 2 attempts:

th_acorn3.png th_acorn2.png

I won't rush this one oma :wink:

The one thing I learnt today after my workmates found it highly amusing to see me examing acorns is ... they hurt like hell when 3 blokes are chucking them at you :evil:

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

• welshblue changed the title to ~ WelshBlue ~ Sunk ~ 17/10/2020