welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~ Stem Cell ~ 09/04/2019

I wouldn't stop looking at someone's gallery. I believe each person is his/her own artist if they set their mind to it. You, however, just go beyond that point and make things possible that seem impossible. I really, really like the wood. I think that you've got the idea and put it forth perfectly. Great job! :!:

I like the nutshell piece. Makes me think of wooden apple slices :lol:

Also think that the dolphin piece is cool, and I do agree that the original draft was better. As long as you add the lighthouse back, because I like that lighthouse :wink:

Thanks Helen and Worldsnewer.

The dolphin one will be liable to change sporadically :) :wink:

It's great to get positive remarks from people who's work I admire. (Altho' if no-one ever replied I'd keep going because this pdn lark is so relaxing)

The same abstract, different colours.

th_abs.pngth_abs2.png

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You know when you want to yell from surprise and the only thing you can do is write in Caps Lock? Well, I was just yelling but you couldn't hear me. :wink:

Beautiful, beautiful, awesome job! It's so smooth, bright, glossy, and designy (well, that's not really a word. lol) Nice work!

Thanks Jannettsue :D Hopefully the next wooden piece will look more realistic :?

Thanks Down, the sparkles were from another WIP and my laziness to make new ones for that abstract does show. Too late now as I don't save the pdn files from quick 20 minute mess arounds :oops:

Thanks again Helen, the abstract is just a lot of distorts from a shiny button, but it's amazing how changing blend modes transforms everything :shock: Apart from the sparkles I'm pleased with them both.

Christmas Lights

th_ChristmasLights.png

Thanks to LFC4Ever for the sparkle tut Click

edit*** I know the bulbs aren't round ... they're flat space saving ones :lol:

Thanks Helen ... I'm glad you (someone) likes them.

I'm trying to wrap a larger version around a christmas tree :roll: ... I think I'd have more luck wrapping them around my neck :evil:

I like the image because of the contrast and the wires and the shadows on the bulbs. Well, good luck with the lights. :D

Did you see my newer image?

Where's the smack my own head smiley ? :oops:

I never thought of using that way/ that tut (my wife's right ... for an intelligient man, I'm fffick sometimes)

That will work perfectly because I've still got all the bulbs on separate layers.

Thanks oma. :)

I decided against the tree :)

Gift Idea #1

th_giftideas1.png

All PDN apart from the outline of the star (I've unwrapped it because there were so many layers :wink: )

Woow! That is just so breath-taking. Awesome job once again. Beautiful, awesome, brilliant, shiny,.....Darn there are just so many nice words I can't remember to describe your image. 500 thumbs up! :P

@Welshblue! you told me a fib. I thought you said you didn't know how to do glass!. That turned out lovely. and as Helen says not enought words to describe. another 500 thumbs up from me.

ciao OMA

Thanks Helen and oma :D

I wish I'd spent more than 5 minutes on the frames, but apart from that it's one of my favourite pieces to date.

It wasn't a fib oma ... the glass was found by accident 8) A lot of clicking and hmmm that could be glass if I ...

Over the christmas holiday I'm going to experiment a bit more with what I did and hopefully write a tut if anyone is interested ?

Merry Christmas one and all, and may you and yours have an exceptionally good new year.

Thanks Jannettsue, Gamers_world and Helen, I'll knock up a few screenshots of how I did the 'glass' over this next week. (Although it's more of a cheat than a tutorial) In the mean time ...

th_xmascard33.png

Thanks Helen, I'm happy with most of it except the colour of the rings, I think I'll re-do them so they're more Gold than Yellow and I think I'll inter-link them. But thanks again for your positive comments :)

Wow...Incredible glass on the last page, and in your on the fifth day of christmas piece, the rings look exactly the right color for what I imagine gold to be like. :D

Thanks Zwicky and ZizOiz

Glass is proving not so easy to crack (plenty of pun intended :roll::) )

'HeadCase' is still a WIP but I thought I'd post it here to gauge how it's looking. Thanks to Boude for his tips. One thing I've learnt is that it's not so easy to turn this:th_stocksilhouette.pnginto this th_glassheadresize444.png