welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~ REVIVE 24 ~ 14/07/2019

I'm gob-smacked people like the wall. It didn't come out as I saw it in my head. This was very nearly a scrapped image. A castle wall ... BarbieQ' get that camera outta my house. I haven't made a scenery image in ages, and guess what is taking shape ...

The wood ... it's therapeutic working with warm colours. The plan is to make another pyrography piece but try and make a 3D burning iron to go with it.

I'd be lost without PDN in the evenings ... I'd have to watch TV :scanner:

Many thanks a per to Helen, BarbieQ and Dug. You guys keep me wanting to experiment and push @ boundaries.

@ Skullbonz ... many thanks, after looking @ Bailing Out again there's a shadow in the opening which shouldn't be there. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing

Love the textured wall in spiderlight! It does look just like a castle wall (on the shady side of course!).

I'm off to have a look at sculptris. Thanks for the tip.

I think you'll enjoy Sculptris mate. With your background I think you'll make some great limbs :P ( interesting stuff in the Data folder - a couple of PDN files )

Thanks for the nice words about Spiderlight ... the wall is a play around with an old image from many moons ago Wall

Blind Date. Using the same stones as Spiderlight. A Photo Manipulation of This image

Chad's concrete tutorial invaluable

I don't know what made you name that most recent pic the name that you gave it ... maybe I don't want to know either. But hey, who am I to question fetishes?

But really, nice textures and all.

I don't know what made you name that most recent pic the name that you gave it ... maybe I don't want to know either. But hey, who am I to question fetishes?

But really, nice textures and all.

:lol:

Definitely not a fetish of mine.

Before you; my wife and daughter were critics. Both above me in art qualifications ... the words weird and strange from them made the work worthwhile.

The title is about being never sure about what you're going to get. Getting into a relationship is one of the biggest gambles. Some people are nice and some are downright 'orrible

Edited by welshblue

How true Welshy. Not just romantic relationships either.

Love the wall & good use of the chain. Love the dark & sinister feel.

For some reason, blind dates leave this notion that that's what they really are how you depicted with the chains and wall. Superb textures. Very real and dark.

Blind Date:So much detail for such a dark place.The lighting is just brilliant.

I know where your coming from when someone in your family uses words like strange and weird or what planet are you on, really does make your day.

@ BarbieQ', Helen, Ella, Dug and Y-Man ... many thanks guys

It's not always easy trying to get something onto the canvas that's circulating inside the brain ... I think a lot of credit goes to the original chain image in this instance. The lighting is down to that and luck that the stones I made, fit together.

I know where your coming from when someone in your family uses words like strange and weird or what planet are you on, really does make your day.

... even better when your wife tells you ... " you've got problems " ... then I know I've gotten the look I wanted :PaintBrushTool::smile:

----------------------------------------

Last Cowboy Song ... Inspired by this song ... and as a tribute to the late great Johnny Cash and the ever awesome Willie Nelson.

2 of the coolest men there's ever been in the whole world of music (at least I tink so ...)

BTW ... if any Mods read this - I've been conscious of this for a while ... is my gallery getting tooo big ?

Edited by welshblue

Awesome job on "The Last Cowboy Song".

I do have a small critique on the piece though. The label pictured inside the sound hole appears too close to the surface. I think if the shadow was adjusted and/or if it was offset somehow (afterall your viewing inside from an angle - the label is usually directly in line with the hole) it might fix this. Otherwise, I'm quite impressed with the piece.

Edited by jim100361

You're a genius, Welsh! I like the perspective in this image. It looks like this is an actual place where the Cowboy played his music...it's so real.

Edited by HELEN

I downloaded your pic for inspiration. As you may know from some of my previous work, I love guitars. I'm going to make an attempt to do one myself.

Also, Johnny Cash had some great songs (I think one of my favorites was the remake by Martin DelRay and Johnny Cash - Get Rhythm - I listen to it often), and I think the guitar was a fitting piece.

The song "Get Rhythm" always reminds me of the movie "The Patsy" with Jerry Lewis where Scatman Crothers plays a shoeshine boy and he and Jerry get carried away in the rhythm of shining Jerry's shoes and inadvertently he begins to shine one of Jerry's bare feet. Not only does the song itself raise the spirits but the recollection of that scene also makes me chuckle at the same time.

Edited by jim100361

You're a genius, Welsh! I like the perspective in this image. It looks like this is an actual place where the Cowboy played his music...it's so real.

Not so sure about the genius bit :P

More like very, very sad !!

Thanks Helen ... the perspective was a helluva job to get right without distorting the shape.

@ Jim' ... Johnny Cash was a maestro. I could listen to his voice for hours. His version of Amazing Grace puts goosebumps on my arms and a shiver down my back.

One of my regrets in life is never taking the chance to learn when a very good guitarist offered his time to teach me to play. Hindsight is such a biatch.

Cool. Looking forward to your version. If the file would be any use to you you're welcome to have a look ... give me a shout and I'll PM you the link.

And yep, I remember the guitars on a bench :HistoryRewind:

Yes, you are a genius too!

Many thanks for saying nice things on my gallery and I've started using 'scultptris' on your recommendation too - brilliant! - thanks.

Well I do love the background. It gives a sadness as in something coming to an end. If I had to give a criticism at all it would be to say that the guitar strings should not be uniform in size or material? Still, the overhwelming emotion of the piece more than makes up for any technical misdemeanours.

I grew up with Johnny Cash. Great voice, great man.

Yes, you are a genius too

Nah mate. I'm just a foot soldier using the tools put before me. All plug-in authors and developers make it possible. That is Genius

@ BarbieQ' ... good call on the strings. I did try to get a bit of texture into the strings but looking back it was a pretty piss poor effort on them. The idea I've got in mind for the next batch of guitars will thank you for it.

"It gives a sadness as in something coming to an end" ... Nail on the head. I'm not sure if I'm getting sentimental or cynical as ways of life die off :unimpressed:

As always, many thanks.

@ Griffin48 ... many thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------

The next 3 are animations. .gif in file but quite meaty in size. There's got to be better way to do this ?

The group inspired by the amount of new horror films in cinema advertised on TV lately.

BTW ... if any Mods read this - I've been conscious of this for a while ... is my gallery getting tooo big ?

Your gallery is one of the most inspirational on the forum! It will be a dark day when we can't have all of it housed here.

If the size does get too unwieldy, I wonder if there might be merit in the idea of locking the old one and starting afresh?

Oh, wowee, Welsh. I am really into these animations. Amazing works! I'm preparing files for animation for an iPad, so I know how much hard work goes in there. The eye in the peephole is a bit freaky, but for some reason, it keeps making me snicker. I'm thinking it's funny in a way, because I know how I'd react if I saw something similar through a keyhole. I don't think I'd ever look in one. I like how you combined the first two in your last one. Very nice, Welsh. I mean it!