welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~ REVIVE 24 ~ 14/07/2019

Yet again you make us all want to put down PDN :( Amazing work mate, I too love the texture on the wall in pic 1 and I love the chessboard wonder what it would look like if the pieces were more randomly placed and tilted in different angles ? The keyhole pieces and the R2D2 again are just fabulous, do you have a secret plug in that no-one knows about :)

4EverBrite and Talisman are great two images, I like the design in both, and the backgrounds are great, too, in both,

I f it is just possible to rethink about the trail in Talisman.

Still great Welshy, I love them both.

@ BarbieQ' ... as always, huge thanks. I'm happy you enjoyed all the aspects of it. Your thoughts and images are always inspiration

@ Jim' ... many thanks. I'm like you and enjoy architecture, especially the different materials/textures put into the buildings. Glad you got what I was trying to put into it. The gemstone ... the starting point came from a very good mini tut' in Gamerworld_14's gallery. It's always one of my starting points when making a 'stone'. Very versatile

@ Minners' ... woah. If I can make things with PDN - anyone can. It's about perseverance, experimentation, swotting up on different plug-ins/ techniques - but most of all ... enjoying your own work. Which you should be doing, because it's very good.

The draughts pieces - sometime in the future I want to make them more random, possibly by next christmas :D Glad you enjoyed your look around and many thanks for taking the time mate

@ YM ... thanks mate. I totally agree that the quality of the Trail work in Talisman. I should have made it with the same method as I made the stone setting. But then I can't help thinking that the 2 methods together playing with blend modes could be interesting. A bit more of a subtle effect to the edges.

Thanks mate, your wise words are always very much appreciated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playtime x 2

Playtime #1 ... seeing how distortable the method used in the making of Talisman is before I publish a tutorial

Playtime #2 ... inspired by the work of BarbieQ' :star:

"Playtime x 2" look to me like steampunk seashells. Both equally splendid!

I like that you didn't over emphasize the gleam of the metal, which may have detracted from the over all pieces.

Well done sir!

Edited by Jaxon

I love shells & have collected a few & a couple of ceramic ones too. I love nautilus shells the best of all. The first playtime is very pretty & the texture is super. I am glad you used the Talisman texture for it because it works really well & is a great texture on its own. Of course the swarf one is my fave too since it combines all the things I love, the nautilus shapes & the intermingling colours & shapes of swarf. Part of the charm of swarf is the elusive nature of the colours, depending on the play of light & the age of it too. Just a hint of a colour as it merges into another is like music for my eyes & your image is like a moment captured in time for me. It is exquisite!

Man, maybe I'm just a noob who's easily impressed, but I think your work is amazing! I'm particularly fond of the "Scenes" album. Your attention to detail is second to none. An impressive collection, to say the least!

@ Jaxon ... many thanks. Steampunk seashells ? I wouldn't fancy eating the seafood ... but I'm more than happy that you got the experiment :D

@ Helen ... many thanks. As always, I appreciate your opinion due to the brilliance of your talents

@ BarbieQ' ... Thank you for being a brilliant friend; swarf is entirely thanks to you

@ RedBeard ... I hate the word 'noob' Aren't we all one until we get a bit more experienced ? Many thanks, the scenes are my favourite images in PDN

----------------------------------------------------------------

Indecision

Indecision is good because I like trying to get things into an order or seeing a pattern. This one does that for sure. I like the contrast of the blue with the orange on the black background. Very cool!

Oh, wow. "Indecision" is really crisp. I have a book about the rainforest and there are several pictures of lizards, which resembles "Indecision." The patterns are extremely amazing and it's just so great (as always).

Welshy, I have lost all respect for you after you told me to f**k off on Fans. Enjoy your life, Welshy.

Forgive me please those above Lance as I answer this first ... I did and I meant it. I'm sure I'll still sleep tonight for doing so.

but @ least my dreams will be PDN positives not the negatives of PDN like you spout. So respect is where it's due. Do I care ?

Overflow from Fans on here??!! Seriously, Lance, inappropriate. Guess I understand where Welshy is coming from. Sure is a great start to 2012. PP helped me so much with the jewels & Welshy was there for most other things.

Getting away from all that and back on topic -

Indecision is a fabulous piece Welshy. So much going on. I like the way you have imprinted the image onto the diagonal bars. It looks like organised chaos - superbly organised chaos. I love the colors as well. Nice one. ;)

@ Jaxon ... many thanks. Steampunk seashells ? I wouldn't fancy eating the seafood ... but I'm more than happy that you got the experiment :D

Yea, don't think you could put enough butter and garlic on it to disguise the taste...

I totally agree with Goonfella. "Indecision is a fabulous piece".

Late again, it has all been said and without repeating comments Iam left awe inspired.

All the best for the New Year. ;)

@ 'Howler, Helen, BarbieQ', Goon', Jaxon, NiteNurse and dug ... many, many thanks. Sometimes an abstract is a good way of letting off steam. Just click and click and click and more clicks ... sometimes it works; a lot of the time it doesn't :lol:

I'm glad you's enjoyed it

@ dug ... it's never too late to see you, mate. Happy New Year to you too :)

@ NiteNurse ... thanks. A lot of it has been inspired by others here. Both present and past ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------

A Bridge 2 Far ... Using the bridge I've manipulated from a photograph I took in, then used in 2 previous images Bridge

Inspired by Helen's latest image Lonely Orb and Goonfella's planet tutorial. (I'll post the link when I find it ... any help Goon' mate ?)

Magnifico ! I love the fisheye lens effect in this image that makes you focus on the planet. Lovely firey background as well. Great stuff. ;)

Here`s the link you were looking for -

Oh my gosh! The effect is stunning! I love the perspective of it, too. The sphere has an beautiful color as well as design. The background and bridge (or ramp)are awe-mazing. Great idea of adding the light to the sphere--it brings it out very well from the background.

The bridge is mysterious on its own but the orb with the tunnel or cave in the centre is very eerie & atmospheric. Kinda like looking into the unknown but there is a familiarity to it at the same time. Awesome, awesome work yet again!

Nifty effect. Strong left side image presence mucks with depth perception as well. The other chaos patter previous is still reminding me of the 1980's clubs and music covers for some reason. New Wave music, The Cure, Smiths, and lots of leftovers from the 70's spring to mind ...

Figure I should say something since I'm lurking around here a bit ... :mrgreen: