welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~ Quitting~ 06/08/2019

@TrevorOutlaw ... thanks mate.  I'm not really up on / into sci-fi so not really sure why I try to make images in that genre :/

@lynxster4 ... Thank you very muchly :D

@barbieq25 ... aka Bravo Bravo Quebec ... you got it ;) Hearing you loud and clear ... big thanks

@Pixey ... as always, big thanks and rendition is about right ... well song and dance getting frustrated at a dirty screen.  Not sure it's in the same class as Dryda', but thanks anyways :D

@Eli ... thanks.  Good question.  Technically they both use Newton's third law ... you just can't see the oxygen tanks because I didn't draw any  because they're hidden inside the fuselage :P 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Posted a few of my earlier works on Pg. 1 not all of them because there's 00's (tutorials are there 'cos I want to make improvements on some, it makes it easier than bookmarking or trawling through the threads)

Edited by welshblue

@LionsDragon ... sorry didn't see this snuck around the corner.  Impressive collection your hubby has got ... good taste too.  Ex chef ?  Did you kill off all your customers with your decadently, rich pastries.  Curry breaded chicken is a new one on me ... but green beans ... I used to be happy to pick them from the garden, cook them and just have a plate with salted butter and pepper.  Now I survive on cereal, fruit and toast (long story really ... but short story = medications = appetite suppressants)

The man is amazing, yeah...he's been collecting music since he was in his mid-teens.

Ach, no! The bakery closed because the building's owner decided not to renew the lease (not sure why; it was still sitting empty when I moved away). The most recent job I had in the field was in an assisted living home. You wanna talk about heartbreaking.... :/

Oh, I just added sweet curry powder to a light breading on the tenderloins, then gave them another dusting in the pan. I would love to have a garden, but I tend to kill plants. :( Hello, farmer's market! :) FWIW, the way you  just described is the best way to eat green beans I've ever found.

I've seen that reaction to meds more than once; it's a rough one. :( As long as what you're eating is plenty healthy and not...I dunno, squishy Wonder Bread, you should be getting a decent amount of nutrients. If you make homemade bread, I think I've got a recipe for high-protein bread you might like...?

@LionsDragon ... I can appreciate what it was like in the assisted living home.  My daughter is working as a Health Care Assistant for the NHS but some of her work is with dementia patients and she finds it upsetting.  Roll on September when she can leave it behind and go off to Uni' ... still with the NHS as a paramedic.

I can't touch processed bread ... all the additives etc just don't agree with me so I use svelte bread.  A bit like eating a brick but at least I don't bloat.

I love gardening ... and grow a lot from seed - just one crucial ingredient missing this year.  What's it called again ?  That thing that a lot of welsh people point at ... oh yeah ... sun :/

@Drydareelin ... thanks mate, very much appreciated coming from a space cadet (:P) maestro like yourself.  The glass was a bit of a cheat by using an old file I found

nought_to_sixty.jpg

... and adding some shines and blurs.  I may resurrect the file and see what I can do with it again.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LionsDragon said:

Okay, you have me stumped...what is Svelte Bread?

I'm stumped too .  Not sure why I said svelte when I meant Spelt Bread ... it's certainly not elegant.

@Seerose ... you gotta get your kicks on Route 66 ;)  Thanks.  I may finish the image off.  I did do a different version of it years ago that I posted, but I can't find it.

@LionsDragon The only Welsh bread I can think of is LaverBread ... and it is vile.  At least to me. yuck

--------------------------------------------------------

Out There on pg.1

Weirdly displaying larger than it was saved.  Some parts don't look as good BIG :/

Strangely Window Picture Viewer is showing it a big too when it's saved as 1320 x 615.  I dunno

Anyways ... Out There.  

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with re-using. I do it all the time. Van Gogh loved to paint sunflowers.

Newest work Out There is such a mix of steampunk, grunge & sci-fi. A lot to see & admire. Well done!

Oh wow =O ........ the latest one on page 1 -  A man cave :D.  It's so shiny and picturesque and I have to ask you when you make images like this, do you:

1.  Make every individual piece first, and then add them to make the scenario, or,

2.  Do the whole thing at one sitting?  

(This is just a silly aside ....... I tried to make point 1 as an =  a)  but when I tried to make the point 2 into a  b with the bracket it becomes a smiley with sunglasses, like this B) .)

• Like 1

@TrevorOutlaw ... thanks mate.  Yeah good spot.  It got to the stage where I'd rather put the work into the foreground ... and they reckon recycling is good for the planet :P

@barbieq25 ... many thanks.  I wasn't sure about adding a bit of grunge, but I guess that's my style ... and it looked a bit sterile all too shiney. Plus a bit of darkness hides many a mistake :D

@LionsDragon ... RE laverbread ... in my opinion seaweed should only be used as fertiliser or body scrubs ... not for eating.  Many thanks for the comment on the new piece.

@Pixey ... many thanks.  A man cave in space ... wouldn't that be cool.

As for composition of the images ... they always start of as something else, then a moment of madness kicks in and they grow.  Things added, things taken away maybe for use in another image.  At the start of this piece the central point was the doors to the left, but they got shifted and the window took over.  This image took 2 weeks, 10 different files and if I had to hazard a guess, all in all including every blur, drop shadow there must be over 400+ separate layers ... if not more because the console is at least 40 layers, with 8 separate layers of shadow around it.    And that's not counting the cameo appearance from an old piece which was 150 layers.  Mad eh when I get paid to make something with only 5 - 10 layers on it ?  But it's all good fun ... and I enjoy making PC killers.  It's all in the challenge.  And I like a challenge

The different stages mapped out below

putogether.jpg

Thanks for taking the time guys ... feedback always inspires other ways forward

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'll have you know I spent a good two enjoyable hours going through your gallery. My favorite pictures are the realistic ones. Not the subject matter but the way they were done.

Great job on "Out There"! It's got the @welshblue style all over it!

• Like 2

@Woodsy ... thanks mate.  I'm glad you enjoyed your wander around ... it's weird I enjoy making all types of things, but if I had to pick one genre and stick to it, it would be abstracts.  I don't know why, maybe because I can express my inner-self more

@Drydareelin ... thanks mate.  Much appreciated coming from the space maestro.  I still can't help feeling that it's a bit 'glarey' ... yours always look so subtle

@LionsDragon ... nope, not joking ... the Welsh have weird things on bread ... that said, I'm 50 and still haven't had Welsh Rarebit, I don't know why, because I like all the ingriedients

@Seerose ... many thanks.  You could do it.  Think of it as an onion - albeit a flat onion  ... lots of different layers built up to make a bigger picture.  Have faith in your ability ;)

I've started writing a tutorial of how to make some of the metal textures, that might help to show it's not difficult as such, just time consuming

-----------------------------------------------------------

I had to make an album cover in another programme ... and decided to make one in PDN, this time with a cd and case.  TENEBROUS on Pg. 1

Everything PDN apart from the models

My wife's opinion on it, "Why did I marry you ?  - you're weird " My answer, " I married you because I'm weird ..."

Models with credit to mjranum1 and mjranum2 .... *** please be aware that if you click on the links and then decide to look  in his/her gallery, there are some nudes there ***

• Like 2