welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~ Aristotle meets MJW ~ 10/09/2018

@HELEN ... just seeing your name and I smile.  The sig is still looking fresh after all this time.  Thanks for the kind words, and I for one know how life impacts - so no apologies necessary.  Just that you look after yourself.

@Seerose ... Thank you.  Not so sure about the great bit - but I have fun trying to be an artist

@Pixey ... Thank you ... the background is a brush pdnized.  Sometimes being a puritan is too much hard work so got to cheat 😁  I'm with your hubby but more tight than parsimonious ... and like I tell her ... I spend months raising flowers from seed - just cut some.  Instead of promoting the carbon footprint that is the cut flower industry. (something like 80% of  roses sold in Britain come from Kenya and Ethiopia)

And who said romance is dead 😍

@Ego Eram Reputo ... that :D ... says you may be a man who has suffered the indignity of being wrongly accused.  In fact I had done something - had a nice win on a football accumalator ... and was going to include a meal out ... but postponed it a couple of days.  Just to prove I do wear the trousers - even if she does buy them for me 

@lynxster4 ... Thank you ... not sure I could swing the bat anymore for a home run :P  I think it says something about my personality that I like dark and moody ... although I think my wife would say I'm just the latter ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this PS Tutorial and thought I'd give it a go and do it my own way.  Stock Orange Can ... paint splashes are brushes

The rest PDN.  Pretty happy with how it turned out with a lot of blurs trying out the new Beta version

Juiced

Juiced.png

• Like 4

'Fanta-tastic'!  😄   I can taste those juicy oranges!  Excellent re-imaging!  <3

• Like 1

<3 @welshblue

Excellent! :trophy: Every time is a new surprise. (Fanta is my favorite drink!) 

Thank you for sharing, and for your effort. :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

@welshblue In a word .................   “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”   <3

P.S. Sorry I'm out of Reps for now. But I will be back!  Done :)

• Like 2

@lynxster4 ... @Seerose ... @Pixey 

Huge thanks Ladies ... means a lot having your continued support.

Sadly lacking in inspiration to make things from scratch in PDN so I'm going through the tutorials I used to get the hang of PhotoShop to see how they translate in PDN

Another one ... only the background is PDN ... the splash and chilli are stock.  Grid Warp and TR's Dodge and Burn used (or is that crash and burn ...)

chilli_pepper_2.png

• Like 3

Inspiration can be frustrating, I know...😧

Nice new piece, Welshy....though I'll pass on tasting that!  😝

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

though I'll pass on tasting that

Shame.  I've got 2 plants full of cayennes that I've got to give a lot of the fruits away

Thanks @lynxster4 ... looking at it again maybe I should have gone for a plainer background ?

... Inspiration ... I've sort of got an idea I want to put into practice, but struggling to get the perspective and textures right - so keep scrapping it for a week or so, plus a text one playing around in my head but can't find the right font.  Worse problems to have in life I guess

@Seerose ... Thank you very much.  I personally prefer the second background - seems to blend nicer for my eyes.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:16 PM, lynxster4 said:

....now it looks good enough to eat! 

... better than the ones in my garden.  I picked one and took a bite ... my tongue felt like the manipped' chilli looked 🙊

May I Have ... Half An hour in Heaven Before The Devil knows I'm Dead on Pg. 1

Another photo manip' ... Face Stock Ink Splash

May_I_Have_.png

A late night early morning composition.  Seemed a good idea sat in the pitch dark in front of the pc

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

<3 @welshblue!

Your last composition reminds me of the Venetian Carnival. 👍 Very beautifully done, and the colors are dreamlike beautiful.

Thank you so much. :coffee: :cake:

I second what @Seerose said.  It is very dreamlike and the colors are fabulous, especially the purple soft puffs <3 Perfect seamless transitioning :)

You certainly have been busy, @welshblue.  Enjoyed looking at some of your fresh works.  It's nice to see some photomanipulations being done in PDN, and goes to show that PDN can do what PS does in capable hands.

@lynxster4 ... @Seerose ... @Pixey ... thank you kindly ladies.  For some reason no other colour seemed to work.  I seem to do my best thinking at silly o'clock when everywhere is dark and quiet.

@TrevorOutlaw ... thanks.  Like I said in your gallery - getting into photo manips is down to you.  Would love to have layer masks but hey ho.

That sig is pretty sweet.  Right background choice to make it pop.

@xod ... thanks for the Rep

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aristotle Meets MJW - As in the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.  All Object Rounder and blurs except for the cogs and 2 bits of  hexagrid

Just randomness that came to me when I was upgrading the brakes and suspension on my sons car.  Pretty sad uh

Aristotle_meets_MJW.png

• Like 3

Wow, I love that @welshblue    <3    Does it run?  Does it fly?

The detail is superb!  Kudos to you.   Seems like you spent a lot of time on this.  😀

• Like 1

That's quite amazing! I especially like the variety of brushed-metal shading. I've tried for that effect, but never got it to look nearly as good as you did. Your specular highlights are so satiny!

• Like 2

Wowzers!  That's an amazing result <3 .  Did you make it 'piecemeal' or did you first have the whole image greyed out before using MJW's rounder?  I'm still practicing with his plugin and have found it's really difficult to make something part-by-part, as the colors don't always match.

• Like 1

@lynxster4 ... big thanks.  Nah unfortunately I forgot to add a fuel tank 🤔  I'm not sure how long - about 10 hours ... and about 2 of them were spent searching for layers.

About 120 layers and not one of them labelled.  I will learn one day ... but then I haven't yet

@Pixey ... big thanks.  All individual pieces but only about 6 different shapes which I played with to alter them.  Eg Blend modes/ adding white and or black lines on a new layer and blurring them.  See below for a bit more info' .  A tip I've learnt is if you want to keep the same colourings make a note of the settings to maintain colouring/ shades

@MJW ... big thanks.  I was just lucky that the initial settings I used worked out with Blend Modes and the look I wanted.  Then layers of lines and blurs.   Spme sharpen+ on the textures too

I've tried to emulate it to show what I did, but unfortunately I didn't think of making notes/ screenshot of the settings and no way to save them ahem ahem (cough ...  this cough is gonna kill me ...  cough 😋)

Approx'  Initial Settings

Object_rounder_tut.jpg

Then Duplicated the layer and set the Blend Mode to Multiply - approx 90 opacity

object_rounder_tut_1.jpg

In this example the 2 layers were merged and then duplicated with Blend Mode again to get a matt black.  Line on a New Layer

object_rounder_tut_2.jpg

Shapes used in the image.  Notice the difference rotating 90 degrees does 

object_rounder_tut_3.jpg

Interesting things if you rotate by 45 degrees

object_rounder_tut_4.jpg

any questions anyone give me a shout

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 2

That's awesome @welshblue.   Yes, I discovered the differences when you rotate when I was playing with my 'Porcelain' text.

On thicker objects, the results are more pleasing and totally different.  (did I explain that right?)   😆

<3 @Welshblau! :trophy: 

"Aristotle meets MJW" excellent. 👍  You're a patient man. How many hours did you sacrifice?

I'm right: you are a master. Many thanks also for reconnaissance pictures. :coffee: :cake: