Update Notification Suggestion

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not.

I find it intrusive to have the new version notification appear on starting the application. When I am starting the app, it is because I have something to do and upgrading at that instant would interrupt my work.

I suggest moving the notification to the application exit. The user is done with the app, and can let the upgrade happen behind the scenes. I am more likely to upgrade when my work is done, than when I'm wanting to get to work.

Just my 2c.

If you update you won't get that notification, you will be able to get support from our forums, and it will be less likely for problems to occur during your work time...

I believe his point is that when he opens Paint.NET he wants to get some work done and doesn't have time to upgrade. This may even result in more users running the latest version.

Just my 617820everypennycountsjo9.jpg

KaHuc.png

• 1 month later...

The update notice should definitely be moved to the end of the session - when I open paint.net I am opening it to use it right then and there and usually don't have time to stop what I'm doing, download the update then restart the application. I wouldn't mind downloading the update in the background then automatically installing the next time I open paint.net, but don't force the update right then and there.