How to create a 'padding' effect on a texture?

Hi there,

I want to create a padding effect on an existing texture. See this picture for an example.

So basically I want to create recessed stitches to create a square-padding effect? Is there any plugin that would allow me to do this?

I've downloaded quite a few (warm thanks to all you excellent scripters), but for a newbie it's kinda hard to keep track of all the possibilities.

So thanks for reading,

Sansorio

Try Tile reflection

I tried tile reflection at first, as well as gridmaker, but it looked the best with diagonal lines, then outline object with soft outline, and then jittered.

It didn't look half bad until I resized it down and saved it as a jpeg, then lost most of it's definition.

Try Tile reflection

I tried tile reflection at first, as well as gridmaker, but it looked the best with diagonal lines, then outline object with soft outline, and then jittered.

It didn't look half bad until I resized it down and saved it as a jpeg, then lost most of it's definition.

Try Relief before size down.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Thank you all for taking interest in my question!

I wasn't able to recreate what carmudgeon did, my best efforts was with diagonal lines/bevel/emboss...

However, what I really want, is to create a small-scale, seamless pattern template, that can be used as an 'overlay' for several different textures, creating that padding effect.

But when using diagonal lines on a small square (25x25) it doesn't seem to center in the square, thus creating a pattern that isn't seamless. Am I using it wrong?

Thanks again,

Sansorio

One way you could create a seamless texture is to use the grid/checkerboard maker and for the UI, choosing:

• centered on crossing
    foreground only

Or by creating a texture, then using the Seamless Texture Maker plugin.

Both can be found in Madjik's "Madjik-all pack"