Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

RoleOfGSHC's Achievements


Rookie (2/14)

  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges



  1. Specifically, these are sprites for a rather old game. It allows you to make custom ones, but for some reason the guy making decided that it should use RLE encoded BMPs with a specific pallette layout. Meaning anything that isn't encoded that specific way will display incorrectly, with its colors all scrambled.
  2. So something I've been working with needs to be able to use RLE formatted BMPs... unfortunately, simply changing things to 256-color BMPs doesn't work (it shuffles the colors for some reason), and I can't just use the vastly superior PNG due to how the software works. I've tried searching, but my google-fu seems to have failed... do any of y'all know of any plugins that allow me to work with RLE formatted BMP? Alternatively, anyone able to whip one up? I'm sorry if it's a pain in the butt.
  3. ...So the process is called remapping? I mean, it's great that you linked a plugin, but I want to know what to call it when talking to friends and the like, as well as look up examples to show them... If it's called remapping... then thanks for the answer! I know you guys are being helpful, but I'm not actually looking for a plugin this time... ^-^;
  4. Er, actually, I'm looking for what the technique is actually called. Don't know if it's called "value swapping" or something else. It's a terminology question. What the technique basically is is this: Let's say you want to edit a picture to see what something looks like in another color. However, you want to keep the overall tone of said thing - so you'd swap two values. For anime-esque style pngs it's as simple as sampling the color, swapping the values, and using a global fill with the selections you want to change highlighted. I figure with something like a real life photo, where you'd say "I wonder what that dress looks like in purple", you'd select the dress part and use a tool to do it to every pixel in the selection. So basically, #FF66CC becomes #CC66FF. Or if you prefer orange, #FFCC66. Or if you prefer a light blue/cyan, #66CCFF. And so on. It is not a scale of inversion, but rather a technique that takes the value from color A and swaps it with the value of color B (or for further usability, has the ability to replace as well).
  5. Heya, it's me again - the girl from earlier asking about gradients. This is a bit different, though - I'm curious as to what the technique is called when you swap the values of two of the colors within a selection? For example, let's say that we have a nice pinkish color for something... but you don't want pinkish. This would keep things looking relatively nice, simply by swapping all the red values with the blue values, giving you nice lavender-ish color instead. Or perhaps swapping blue with green values, giving you a more orange-y color. There's got to be a term for this... but I have no idea what it is. Do y'all?
  6. Hmm... these older posts are kinda making me nervous, but I'll check it out. I'll edit in how it turns out. Edit: Perfect, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you very much for your help.
  7. I... think I need the most recent version of the dll to do that. At least, assuming I read the thread correctly. I think it 404'd... You wouldn't happen to have the stuff in the broken link, would you? The most recent link to the dll in the zips is 404'd, and after checking several of the links, they didn't edit the most updated version of it into their first post, so...
  8. Wait... It's that easy? Are you serious?! Aww, thanks! You just made my day! That's perfect, almost exactly what I was looking for! Out of further curiosity, though, has anyone thought of making some kind of polygonal-gradient tool, where each corner is a different color? Could be kinda fun to play around with as a miscellaneous tool. Sadly, my programming skills are that of a person who took Computer Science in High School and hasn't used that knowledge in 6 years, so... yeah, they're back to "None"... So I don't think I'd be able to make a tool like that. I'd love to, but...
  9. From the description, those are more radial gradients, where the gradient is from center to the boundaries, while what I'm looking for is from corner to corner. Definitely not a common gradient type, but one I've personally always been pretty fond of. Problem is, the only way I know of to do it is one-pixel-lines at a time. A crazy tedious process. I'm wondering if there's an easier way or even a custom tool that allows specifically to have a different color on each of the corners of the selection with a nice even gradient - in this case, since it's across the canvas, it'd be a rectangle. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong and find out that the tool you suggested is actually able to pull that off... Also worried about how compatible with the current version of PDN they are, given that those posts are three years old...
  10. Greetings, how do you do? I've joined the site today to ask about a specific type of gradient, wondering if it's either possible with the default tools, or if any plugins exist for it. Problem is, just searching for "gradient" really isn't getting anywhere fast. While there are some pretty good tools, none of them deal with what I actually need. Specifically, what I'm trying to do is have a gradient that works on the four corners of a square or rectangle. For example: ,-----. |█████| |█████| |█████| |█████| |█████| `-----' Only not just fancy colored ascii art, but instead a more smooth gradient type thing, with the four corner colors being the 'source colors' so to speak, similar to how the two base palette colors serve as the base for the standard gradient tool. Of course, what I'm looking for is... kinda crazy specific, and I don't know if anyone's come up with that or if there's an actual technique to pull this kind of thing off without going pixel by pixel. If it is currently doable in a way that isn't excruciatingly tedious, is there a tutorial on how that I can look up? Or if there's a tool someone made that can do this, what would it be called? Because just simply searching for "gradient" ain't working, and I've no clue if this type of gradient actually has a name or what it's called if it does.
  • Create New...