After a request from a this thread , I've decided to show you all how to change the visual style of your Windows XP
IMPORTANT: BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER, THIS ONLY WORKS WITH SP2, SO IF YOU DON'T HAVE SP2, THIS WON'T WORK FOR YOU. THERE IS A WAY TO DO IT IF YOU ARE SP1, BUT I AM UNSURE HOW TO, PERHAPS GOOGLE WILL HELP.
HOW TO DO IT
1.Go here and download the .zip (this is the modified uxtheme.dll file).
2. Extract it to your desktop.
3. Get the program replacer from here
4. Extract it, again, to your desktop.
5. Run replacer.cmd. You should have a black command window. drag in the original uxtheme.dll from c:\windows\system32 (Start < My Computer < Windows < System 32 < uxtheme.dll) and press enter.
6. Drag in the modified uxtheme.dll on your desktop into the command window. press enter.
7. Confirm the replacement. Wait until it finishes. DO NOT REBOOT UNTIL YOU ARE PROMPTED.
From there, you can go to http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showforum=36 to search for themes you like. Deviantart.com also has a lot of themes.