TinyPNG

TinyPNG is used to connect a server and compress image files saved on it, not magically compress images while they are still in the memory of an image editor. I think you might want to look at Yahoo's Smush It service instead.

Anyway, how would loading your image to a 'Service as a Software Substitute' be any easier than using the OptiPNG plugin or the PNGGauntlet program?

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=22841

Edited by toe_head2001

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I know TinyPNG is not a natural fit, however, I tried to OptiPNG plugin and the results were much worse than those of TinyPNG. I would be enough for me for the plugin to save as PNG and then automatically run it through TinyPNG service, or something like that. Right now, I need to do the step manually.

borekb, it seems I spoke too hastily. I was fooled by the description on the page you linked to. I looked at their documentation, and it seems that it is more flexible than their landing page leads people to believe. I will investigate it more closely.

I still don't agree with offloading computing to a third party, but this is not the place for soapboxes. :P

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Hey, I got a TinyPNG file type made, and working successfully .

However, it's hacked together at the moment. I need to clean it up, and add warning for things like 'invalid TinyPNG api key', 'could not connect to the TinyPNG server', ect . Expect it to be published tonight, or early tomorrow morning. It just depends when I'll be able to back to working on it; things pop up...

Update: Here you go...

Edited by toe_head2001

bp-sig.png

• 1 year later...

This plugin only shows up as an extra file format option in the File > Save/Save As... dialog. Look for a new file extension there.