How to Install Plugins ×

CustomBrushesMini v2.2

Simon Brown

I just downloaded the new Custom Brushes.

Just a couple of things. Do both the Dll file and the setup file have to be copied into the Effects folder?

And also I noticed a download for brushes as well. Are these needed also or are they just extra ones if you want them?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Just a couple of things. Do both the Dll file and the setup file have to be copied into the Effects folder?

No. Either run the setup file or manually install the DLL.

And also I noticed a download for brushes as well. Are these needed also or are they just extra ones if you want them?

If you mean the link in the post, it's just a link to the normal brush-downloading thread.

KaHuc.png

When I run the installer, it tells me I have to have PDN installed to use CBM...

Using Win7 RC x64 and PDN 3.5 alpha. PDN installed in custom location. (C:\Program Files\Paint.NET 3.5 Alpha\)

Some suggestions/bugs :

-New submenu only for CBM and an useless "Open brush folder" thing >> Useless. The "Open brush folder" should simply be a button in CBM itself. And maybe place CBM in your Tools menu ?

-I just installed the latest (1.0) CBM, and the first time I ran it it told me there was an update available. Then there was a plugin error. :shock:

-Would it be possible to add an option to place brushes in a column on the left (like olders versions) ? I don't like having a separate window :?

-Maybe place "OK" and "Cancel" buttons at the bottom-right corner ? Every other plugin does this :lol:

-If you want to have a less bloated UI, i suggest placing "Undo" "Redo", "Reset" and the zoom control thing in the toolbar...

Anyway, this is great ! :D

work with 3.50?

Yes.

When I run the installer, it tells me I have to have PDN installed to use CBM...

Using Win7 RC x64 and PDN 3.5 alpha. PDN installed in custom location. (C:\Program Files\Paint.NET 3.5 Alpha\)

For some reason you probably don't have the PDN registry key - if you have this problem just install manually. I should probably add a page to specify a path, though.

-New submenu only for CBM and an useless "Open brush folder" thing >> Useless. The "Open brush folder" should simply be a button in CBM itself. And maybe place CBM in your Tools menu ?

If the button is in CBM, the user might think they can install brushes while CBM is open. Also, i'm considering including a utility to just draw one of the installed brushes on the canvas.

-I just installed the latest (1.0) CBM, and the first time I ran it it told me there was an update available. Then there was a plugin error.

Did the plugin just refuse to open, PDN close without warning or it actually crash?

-Would it be possible to add an option to place brushes in a column on the left (like olders versions) ? I don't like having a separate window

The window was provided to give some extra space, but i'll consider putting it back.

-Maybe place "OK" and "Cancel" buttons at the bottom-right corner ? Every other plugin does this

I'll consider it.

-If you want to have a less bloated UI, i suggest placing "Undo" "Redo", "Reset" and the zoom control thing in the toolbar...

Again, i'll consider it.

Thanks for your suggestions. :)

KaHuc.png

For the plugin error thing, after I clicked "Yes", it opened a new tab in FF, and then there was the window telling there was a plugin error and I should restart PDN. I didn't restart and re-tried to use CBM, and everything was fine :|

Ah, I see the problem and i've fixed it for the next version. This time it simply says there's a problem with the plugin and offers to restard PDN. I'm such an idiot. :|

KaHuc.png

Create subdirectories of your CustomBrushes folder with names beginning with underscores and put brushes in them.

KaHuc.png

• 3 weeks later...

Lol. this is gr8 the brushes dont have to be square to look right and...no more crashes :D well..i hope >_> i got 1 random 1 when i first opened it after creating a subdirectory but thts it

btw i think u shud add how to create subdirectories in the first post, cuz i came here to ask if u cud add a search function like on CustomBrushes scince i got so many brushes and grouped them by name

(Ex: Paper, Paper (1),Paper (2), etc.) good thing i read through them, but if there was a ton of pages i probably wudnt have u know ;P

Lol. this is gr8 the brushes dont have to be square to look right and...no more crashes :D well..i hope >_> i got 1 random 1 when i first opened it after creating a subdirectory but thts it

btw i think u shud add how to create subdirectories in the first post, cuz i came here to ask if u cud add a search function like on CustomBrushes scince i got so many brushes and grouped them by name

(Ex: Paper, Paper (1),Paper (2), etc.) good thing i read through them, but if there was a ton of pages i probably wudnt have u know ;P

• 3 weeks later...

Seem to have a problem with the brushes...Or the plugin itself? Umm Everytime I load the brushes, the preview icons are so small I have to try them on to see which one I want. Is it just me or what? My actual brushes are quite big so I dont think thats the problem.

dome.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Simon, Thanks for a great plugin!

(Not sure whether this is the right thread.)

I’m using IcoFX for editing .ico files. It has Blur Brush feature – it blurs pixels inside brush circle. I find it very handy.

Is it possible to have such in Paint.NET?

Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...

Great, although the only problem is sometime it bugs when I try to undo a past brush. After about 3 or so undo's it stops. Then resumes after a couple clicks.

• 3 weeks later...