How to Install Plugins ×

XY Coords (tool) (ymd:20170922)

MadJik

XY Coords (tool)

What's this?

This effect was a bonus in the bottom list of my pack of plugins without its post till now. It’s originally a tool I made to find out how a picture is distorted/transformed by over effects (useful with Shape 3D).

This plugin can effectively assist the Color Modulo effect.

The effect adds on the canvas regularly spaced X,Y couple of counters. 

Download it!

Plugin XYCoords.dll

Here is the DLL http://jcljay.free.fr/pdn/XYCoords.zip 

The MadJik's All plugins package is available!

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=7186 

How to install

Close Paint.net

Classic version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects

Microsoft Store version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: /My Documents/paint.net App Files/Effects/

You have to adapt for your language My Documents

The User interface

This plugin is added to the menu Effects, submenu Tools.

xycoods_UI.png 

Steps X/Y

Horizontal/vertical spaces between coordinates.

Font size

Default 8 could be too small on large canvas.

White Background

Add a white area behind the text to make it more readable on contrasted pictures.

Show X and Y

Choose betwenn two display mode :

Checked:

x:2

y:3

Unchecked:

Text offset

Use this to move the text inside the “virtual grid”

The Example:

XYCoord1.jpg 

Really? No don’t need more example!

Voilà! Enjoy!

Let me see what you could do with it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Hi MadJik, i just wanted to report an error:

Spoiler

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\XYCoords.dll
      Name: XYCoordsEffect.XYCoordsEffectPlugin
      Version: 1.2.5.21065
      Author: MadJik
      Copyright: Copyright © 2018 MadJik (Jean-Claude JAY)
      Website: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=111783
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
   at XYCoordsEffect.XYCoordsEffectPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(Rectangle[] renderRects, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 54
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 97
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 168
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 148
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 141
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 233
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 418
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 373
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 319
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_4.<RunEffectImpl>b__4() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 982