All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Im thinking of something like this red smoke like stuff on this picture for example, now that i think about it smoke might not be the bst way to describe it lol.
  4. "Smoke effect" is a pretty wide range... Google up an image that shows what you're trying to achieve and show us.
  5. Hey guys, im super new to paint.net, started using it last month, mainly to do pictures to go with my football manager game lol. Im trying to create like a smoke effect and im having a hard time coming up with one, as i said im not really experienced so i bet im missing something. I tried low hardness brush, i tried low hardness eraser and thats pretty much it lol. Can anyone help me or maybe point me to a tutorial or something? Thank you very much.
  6. Thankyou, but i don't know how to stroke... like this
  7. Yesterday
  8. Try this. You will just have to get in the habit of adding text to its own layer.
  9. Hello thanhsai. Welcome to the forum 😃 Problem 2 is usually solved by using a plugin (except rotation which paint.net does quite well natively). Go to the the Plugin Index and search using text as the search term.
  10. Looks like JPEG compression artifacts. I suggest you use the PNG format, as it uses lossless compression.
  11. Hi, everyone!!! Problem 1: I have a problem with the picture I want to edit (https://imgur.com/a/gk5lkyF) The first picture is the one I have The second picture is that I open paint.net, do nothing, then save it, and it has lots of NOISE (is many tiny dots) Problem 2: Paint.net can "vertical", "rotate", "stroke" text??? Everyone help me Thank you!!!
  12. I downloaded the PrintIt plug-in and copied the 4 files as instructed then restarted both Paint.net and my computer, but I don't see "Tools" in the Effects menu (or PrintIt elsewhere in Effects). I'm running Windows 10, so I copied the 2 OptionBasedLibrary files to [my profile]\ThisPC\Documents\paint.net App Files, and the 2 PrintIt.Effect files to ...\Effects. Can anyone help me activate PrintIt? Thanks, - Jeff H
  13. Maybe someone will develop an plugin that will address you needs in the future, but if you have Photoshop and and it does what you need, it would be wise and expediant to use it!
  14. Hello. i have Paint.NET but i use it rarely and just for save screenshot. Paint.NET can be more and more need if : 1. Auto add text layer when i add a text in images, and texts be editable. 2. Support RTL&LTR text typing for texts. if this features will be added i will use Paint.NET instead of Photoshop more times. Also flutter of save alert annoys me. Thanks.
  15. Just use the Rotate/Zoom tool. Leave every other control at the default setting and move only the Zoom control.
  16. This (putting the name of the font, points, etc. etc.) on the layer name is one of those things which is so OBVIOUS when you see it spelled out, and cause for striking the forehead with the heel of the hand and a mutter of "Well, DUH! Why didn't I think of that?"
  17. its like the rotate zoom option but you dont open it and i can scale it from the center. instead of pressing shift and scaling at the corner. i did it twice before by accident but i couldnt remember how i did it.
  18. Thanks, I didn't know this was a MSI code and not a paint.net specific code. Your comment helped me find the real problem, which the solution for was: Manually creating the C:\Windows\Installer directory It's working now, thanks !
  19. Hi there, I'm trying to install paint.net on my wife's computer, it's windows 7 64 bits, and I get this error (1632). I tried to google and look in this forum with code 1632 but nothing came out. Also, I tried to install both on the C and D drive, which I have admin right on both and nothing changed. Both disks have plenty of space (300+ Go) left. Thanks for your help!
  20. Sorry about the late reply, Easter Bunny got in the way. I didn't need to create the folder "C:\Users\JohnB\Documents\paint.net User Files\Palettes", it was already there. But nothing in it! I wasn't getting any error messages either. So I did a search for Rainbow.txt on my computer. I found it in the admin palettes folder. Although I ran the install file from my user account, I had to give admin password to proceed. Somehow the other DLLs went to the right place, but for some reason the Rainbow palette went to the admin account. Copied and pasted into my palettes folder and works like a charm! Thanks for your interest and reply which prompted me to look elsewhere for the palettes file.
  21. Last week
  1. Load more activity