All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I 've had it fail when AA isn't enabled. When I'm next in front of the pc I'll have a play a nd make notes
  3. I finally got it to fail, and now I think I know why. When it didn't work, the alpha of the most opaque object pixels produced by Shape3D was 254. It happened after I increased Shape3D's AA to the maximum of 5. I don't know, though, that that was the cause or just a coincidence. EDIT: I seems to be related to Shape3D's antialiasing. If I turn it off, or set the level to 1, the alphas are 255. If I set it to 2 or greater, the alphas are 254. I should add that the Object Rounder always looks for completely opaque pixels to help determine the starting edge of the object on each row of pixels. This has to do with its (not especially successful) attempt to determine the start and end of the edge to better-than-pixel precision.
  4. Yeh I will. But wouldn't you know it ... it worked when I was going to do that now 🤔 I swear cars are easier to understand 😀
  5. My first album at the tender age of 11 and I think it's just as good now
  6. One thing that might be worth trying is to get one of the times Object Rounder doesn't work, then use the Color Picker to check the opacity of the background, and the center of the object, to see if the background pixels are entirely transparent, and the object contains completely opaque pixels.
  7. 😂 Chloroform. A serial killers favourite essential oil ... It's important to be comfortable in your own skin, because it's illegal to wear someone else's 🤐
  8. I'm even more confused. Sometimes running the Alpha Threshold works ... sometimes it doesn't. But when it does work there's no subsequent issues on other layers after using it once The results below are intermittent. I've tried every which way. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works just running S3D and T O R 😣 The transparency control wasn;t checked ... so on reading your second edit I kept it like that but increased the setting from default 208 to 255 ... T O R worked. Did it again with the exact same steps ... didn't work. This end it's no big deal and doesn't detract from a great plugin. Is it worth spending time on ... could be S3D ? And TBH what I know about coding you could write on a postage stamp in capital letters so am just grateful for what you guys do
  9. I picked up a hitchhiker the other day. He seemed fine. After a couple minutes, he thanked me for picking him up and then asked me if I was afraid that he was a serial killer. I told him, “No. The odds of two serial killers being in the same car at the same time was incredibly small.”
  10. For transparency try changing the opacity of the layer or there's BoltBait's Transparency Wrapping - all depends what you want to do - to put a shape on a coffee mug for example - use shape3D. Tube Oblique in Madjik's pack can be good too. Or there's Distort This ... amongst others of the same ilk As Remake says scan through the plugin index http://mattw.io/pdn-plugin-index/ Grid Warp can be useful for warping/ wrapping Sometimes just playing with Blend Modes can do it for you. I just used Multiply and lowered the opacity on the flag on the hand If it's anything specific posting it here will get better answers
  11. That's weird. It doesn't do that for me. My best guess is that the background is almost but not entirely transparent after the shape is drawn (like the alpha is 1), and that AA's Assistant clears it. if you have Red ochre's Alpha Threshold, try using that instead of AA's Assistant, and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, the question is still, why isn't the background fully transparent? If it doesn't fix it, I'll have to look into it some more. EDIT: More likely, the shape isn't entirely opaque. Perhaps for some reason the original image on which Shape3D is run is nearly, but not completely, opaque. EDIT 2: Perhaps Shape3D's Transparency control is checked. I tried to tell in the video, but couldn't.
  12. Paint.NET unlike Photoshop, it is a free program developing by one person - Rick Brewster, unlike Photoshop team development. However, there are enough plugin developers (coders) on the forum who may be able to help you in response to your request for the plugin you need. Remember that possibilities Paint.NET not comparable to the possibilities of Photoshop. Take a look at Plugin Index - maybe you will find what you need. Some plugins have analogues (full or not full) of Photoshop plugins.
  13. I tried to make an ice texture.
  14. Really nice again @Seerose I'm glad it's easy to understand. It's always easy for the writer because they know the steps off by heart ... especially when you've done it about 50 times in a row for the best results 😜
  15. More of a curiosity question than a bug report. I like to use Shape3D to make shapes ... then use Texture Object Rounder in preparation for wrapping a texture. T O R won't work unless you run AA -Assistant after rendering S3D. Just curious if there's a reason in the T O R end or in S3D as it's no big deal running AA Assistant a video to show it better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue3iB0DFoVg
  16. Looks like all tools are messed up, the curves aren't symmetrical at all. It's happening in MS Paint too. I'm starting to believe this is caused by a Windows update.
  17. Thanks for all the answers guys. I hope the devs fix this issue. It's weird that it started happening to me only a few days ago, but to some people it started happening years ago.
  18. I want PDN to do everything that Photoshop does. I especially want to be able to wrap one image around the other or replace a certain part of a scene with an overlay or transparency. Can anyone tell me what plugins to use, I have the MADJIK special but it doesn't do what I want it to.
  19. Zanga, I don't know why I didn't think about moving it to another window altogether to manipulate it.... Thank you! I keep forgetting that Paint.net has the capability to have multiple windows open and jump between them (and thanks for all the keyboard shortcuts too)! Need to retrain my brain to Paint.net's new possibilities. 😁 Eli, No! I hadn't! Did even know I could! Never occurred to me as I'm so used to MS Paint's zoom tool just being a way to magnify. That also worked quite nicely. Thank you! 😀 Thank you both!!! Sooooo appreciated all the help from EVERYONE!
  20. Hello @VinCactus and Welcome to the Forum I think what you are asking for is for images to be saved automatically? I'm afraid this is not possible. One of the very first things I learned when I started to use Paint.net was to save often. It's very easy to get into the habit of Ctrl + S every few minutes.
  21. @Roger the Dodger Thank you so much for your kind words! Ready to move on...I hear parts of Europe are just sweltering. Take care! Thank you, dear @Seerose You're always there...that's what friends do...😉 @welshblue...thank you! Yes, blame it all on Brexit...good a scapegoat as any! Thank you, @Pixey I'm so glad you like it! @barbieq25 thank you for the beautiful compliment! And many thanks to @Eli, @zaya, @Woodsy and @ReMake for rep points! And, of course, you lovely people mentioned above! 😀
  22. Have you tried the "Rotate / Zoom" that is available in the LAYERS menu?
  23. The issue is yet to be addressed. It has been mentioned as a development priority though. https://blog.getpaint.net/2018/12/26/whats-next-for-paint-net-in-2019/
  24. You can also do it like this. Ctrl+C the layer you want to reduce, Ctrl+Alt+V to paste the layer to a new image, Resize that new image to 87%, Ctrl+C this new shrunken image and finally go back to the original image Ctrl+Shift+V to paste it as a new layer and then you can just hide the original size layer.
  25. Is there a way to turn off the are you sure this is what you want your picture to look like thing at the end of saving? I just spent two hours working on a piece and forgot to press okay on it and I lost the picture
  26. Mine does it too. I'm using a Lenovo touchscreen laptop. The stylus cannot make small marks or detailed lines. I have to start moving the pen first without it drawing any lines until it starts drawing. NO settings changes make any difference.
  1. Load more activity