All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You've said that the removal tool didn't work. That used to be our go-to solution for the 1603 error during installation. Prior to the removal tool, @toe_head2001 wrote an install logger to help diagnose this problem (no longer available). Prior to that, a few users got the /createmsi trick to work https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/30437-win7-error-1603-32-bit-msi-may-not-be-installed-on-64-bit-os/
  3. Dearest Pixey, we're all thinking of you right now. Kia Kaha my friend. 💕
  4. Today
  5. Get well dear friend. @Pixeyif anyone can beat this, you can. Our thoughts are with you at this very trying time.
  6. Already have .NET v4.8. All of my Windows Updates are applied. And I have tried like ten times using that link. As of now, only paint.NET v3.5.11 works for me (and I'm using it currently for stuff). It really doesn't make sense to me though, this is such a strange bug.
  7. Make sure ALL of your Windows Updates are applied. Then, install the .NET v4.8 via this link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/thank-you/net48 Once that's installed, make sure all of your Windows Updates are applied. Then, try to install the latest Paint.NET again from this link: https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html (Upper right corner of screen)
  8. Windows 10. I was using paint.NET 4.0.5 (I believe, I don't remember exactly what version it was, but I know for a fact it was above 4.0.0) and it worked fine until the update. I believe that 3.5.11 is a windows 7 version, but it works with the psd plugin and the alpha mask plugin so it would be exactly the same as the 4.0.0 versions and above except it looks slightly different..
  9. Anyone? I see someone attempted to respond but I don't see the message now. Another side note. Paint.NET was working perfectly fine on my system until I (attempted) to install that update that ended up not only breaking my current version but made me unable to reinstall it. Would installing an older version work? Edit: Installing Paint.NET v3.5.9 worked flawlessly. Maybe this new version is incompatible with my PC somehow. No versions above 3.5.11 work for some reason.
  10. Yesterday
  11. Did this one awhile back, but it fits more or less...
  12. @Ego Eram Reputo One of links I provided addresses this issue directly: " It's about altering the "root" file association for ONLY the image editor, leaving the default app for VIEWING to whatever you have in place now."
  13. HyRez did you even read the post? @Don V thanks for posting this. While we are generally cautious about recommending registry edits, your solution gives power users another tool they can use.
  14. This one gives a very pretty result, also @Reptillian. Used the same image and applied your non-convolution edge filter. I chose 'grain extract' for my blending mode. Very nice!
  15. The Poll is now open for ‘Pertaining to a Lumberjack'. It will be closed on Saturday, April 27th, 2019 - 2 pm EDT and 6 pm UK time. World Clock. Thank you, everyone, for your beautiful entries. May the best win!
  16. I am familiar with the condition of people experiencing these symptoms - my wife is disabled for more than 26 years. @Pixey, help of family, attention and support of friends will help you recover. @Woodsy, thank you that bring this topic.
  17. I'm very sorry to hear that. Get well soon, Pixey! I'll be thinking about you.
  18. Ditto the best wishes. Speedy recovery x Unless someone has been through it ... well you can't imagine what it's like. I know if I didn't have a family I wouldn't be putting myself through combo' therapy again
  19. OMG! 😨 I hope you feel better real soon @Pixey @Woodsy If she needs anything done, let me know.
  20. @Pixey wanted me to let you know she's in the hospital again! She's got a nasty allergic reaction to her chemo. Very ill with high temps, rigors, vomiting, and killer headaches. She'll be on IV antibiotics till Tuesday so Easter is in the hospital this year. She does have her phone but she's unable to login. I'm hoping she feels better and has a speedy recovery.
  21. @JulioCoolio Great job! Very reminiscent of a slab of Labradorite.
  22. I was doing this with scanned negatives, and had to invert the negatives in order to get the actual picture
  23. Greetings, Maybe these links will help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/change-default-image-editor/4b01b777-338f-49c1-8300-9bcd7f60c160 https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/change-default-image-editor-edit-command-right-click-image/ https://www.ghacks.net/2018/11/09/microsoft-confirms-file-association-bug-in-windows-10-version-1803/
  24. I only saw one other thread on the topic and it was locked after being largely unproductive. This is not about the ability to right-click a single image and selecting to edit in paint.net. This is not about setting the default VIEWER (and editor) for images. This is not about setting the default apps in the standard Windoze UI widgets. All of those are quite simple. It's about altering the "root" file association for ONLY the image editor, leaving the default app for VIEWING to whatever you have in place now. Why would I want to do this? Because it's the only way to make it so you can select MULTIPLE images and right-click and edit with paint.net. The other thread seemed to indicate there was an install-time tick box to set the editor - it's been so long since I've done an install I don't know if that's the case or not (or if it alters only the editor and not the viewer as well) but at this time there does not appear to be an option in the settings UI. As this is a simple refedit I would suggest that as a possible feature enhancement. There are "apps" to do this "in the wild" (the other thread conveniently alludes to the first hit on Google, a sponsored link - use at your own risk) however the required regedit is astoundingly simple. To my knowledge this works in every version of Windoze since XP...... Anyway - to ONLY change the default image editor: Open regedit Search keys only for SystemFileAssociations Open that key and navigate to image Open that key and expand down to shell\edit\command (if you want to be safe at this point right-click the command key and select "export" - save the file somewhere and if you want to reset the edit just double-click the file and run it) The default value will look like this: "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1" Change that value to: "C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe" "%1" ...or whatever the full path is to the executable for your installation of paint.net (if in doubt you can even search the registry for an existing entry in the paint.net key) The change is immediate. Hopefully someone finds this useful.
  1. Load more activity