All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Can you give the author some more info to go on, like the sizes of the images you’re working with...
  3. Hold the Ctrl key while scrolling with the mouse wheel in order to change your zoom level.
  4. Today
  5. You can indeed use the mouse wheel to zoom. At least, when I pinch and move on my laptop trackpad, it zooms the image in and out.
  6. Are you doing this hammer tutorial? I just finished this ball peen hammer using a tutorial.
  7. Hi Everyone. I don't know if this fine Plug-in works with Paint.Net 4.2.1 ? I just installed TRs Displacement Map 3D Version 2.0 and followed the very good YouTube tutorial, however, The Plug-in took hours to render and locked up my PC which I then had to crtl-Alt-Delete. Will there be an updated version of this plug-in? Kindest regards Roger the Dodger😊
  8. Yesterday
  9. I went and checked out blender's website, it is an amazing modelling software kit for sure. But the System Requirements were very high (8 Gig RAM - 16 Gig Recommended) looks like I will have to install more RAM. Kindest regards Roger the Dodger🤡
  10. Can you post the crash log here, so we can see what the specific issue is?
  11. Ditto - PaintNet is awesome! If it only had masking, no one would need anything else!
  12. ... or think before using the word 'deducted' where the word 'deduced' ' would be ungainly.
  13. Good day to anyone reading this, For some reason, I installed paint.net for the first time, and I encountered some sort of error when starting up called 'crashlogs4', is there any way of fixing this? Thanks.
  14. well deducted @Pixey .... I don't see for looking sometimes
  15. Hello @1Skeptigal and Welcome to the forum It sounds like you may have opened another PDN window in the top bar? Here is a diagram to explain. If you see 2 images in the top bar you will have to copy from one and then click on the other window to get back to what you were working on. ~ Clicky for larger ~
  16. In order to do this in Paint.NET, do it this way: 1. Make your selection 2. Press Ctrl+X 3. Press Ctrl+Shift+V You may now move your selection as you expect.
  17. From the Popular Request Thread: I also believe there have been similar requests. @Rick Brewster will be able to answer better than I, but basically, it is not top priority right now as the developer and contributing programmers are focused on ironing out kinks with each release of PDN.
  18. Much better colouring/ lighting on that plug. Really nice sheen to it. The bulb, the filament and it's corresponding parts are brilliant. I like all 3, they look great Ohhh I could murder a proper coffee - decaf is on the same level as non-alcoholic lager ... pointless unless you've shares in the company I've started doing a hammer tutorial that shows a lot of the steps I want to learn ... and then I want to see how close I get to the same look in Paint.net. Should be interesting
  19. This explains layers very well https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithLayers.html It sounds like your second layer hasn't got transparency so is blocking out the lower layer
  20. Blender is hard for sure. To date I've only modeled 3 objects. A coffee cup, light bulb and a spark plug. I actually just started modeling for the first time last week. I still have a lot to learn, but I think I'm improving.
  21. Thank you, everyone! And @lynxster4, seeing through it wasn't the goal quite as much as letting in a bit of light. Now, to building!
  22. I'm new to paint.net. Have watched and read tutorials.What am I doing wrong? I have layers on the side bar and across the top. But when I try to lay one on top of the other layer, the pictures disappear for so I only have the one I am working with. The layer on the side is highlighted and checked but can't get the pictures from the top to use as layers.
  23. 😳 Thanks Birthday Girl 😳 TBH the biggest challenge with boxes is the positioning of objects so that they render in the right places, plus trying to allow for colour change. On my flat template they're the exact NGK colours .. they didn't transfer properly in S3D . The mustard yellow not so bad but the orange red stripe is yucky. Then it was just a case of different rotation, lighting settings for each box. Glad you liked it and it's one dare I didn't get arrested for 🚔 I thought the plastic sleeve would be a nice touch Not so sure about learning a new programme ... after 2 days I can add shapes, manipulate them and add a texture - only about a few hundred controls to learn about ... or so it seems. I don't think I'll be leaving PDN 😉 Joking aside I really do think it's in my blood @Pixey ... many thanks as per always. I dug out an old image of a spark plug, and it's scarey to think that yourself and BarbieQ were commenting way back then. So thanks for being such loyal visitors Thanks both for the reps' This is Paint. net 3.36 v 4.2.1 ... I'm not so sure how much difference a day really makes, 24 lil' hours ... but 10 years certainly makes a big difference @Roger the Dodger ... thanks.
  24. Yes, it's much faster. Thank you @SodiumEnglish!
  25. Looking good @Woodwalker 🤗 And here's an ice cube for you, which I made with your ice texture. Here are the Plugins I used for the end product. https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/12281-s3d1different-image-on-each-sides-of-a-cubeeasy/ https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/6265-gradient-mapping/ https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/112255-metallic-presets-for-gradient-mapping/ https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111046-presets-for-gradient-mapping/ I used the Silver preset to change the color.
  1. Load more activity