All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Pixey

Printing Issue

Perhaps have a read in this thread:
  4. @bflmpsvz do forgive me for not being very helpful. I'm still not 100% sure what you are trying to accomplish 😁 If you are trying to use the gradient that you prefer, all at once, perhaps make a mask the size you want, then select the mask and on a new layer use the gradient.
  5. Backspace - Fill the selection? But that's not what I want. If I manually trasfered two colors from sides of the selection, I want to get gradient like this: I have found that Gradient which is part of the PaintNet itself is better for this, since it uses gradient from primary to secondary color, which I can pick by color picker. But even with this, it is quite difficult to do it line by line. I hoped that some plugin does exist which do gradient from one border of the selection to opposite border. Something like this (created by Gradient and Autohotkey script line by line).
  6. Greetings. I can't seem to be able to print at the actual image size. I'm on Win 10 with the latest version of Paint.Net. I use an HP 5150 (though I'm likely to use a local business to print the final images). Settings under properties show "print at actual scale", but the print preview fits the image to the page. Selections in the right margin don't offer a correct option. Is this related to Paint.Net at all? Thanks. BH.
  7. Yes, if you have the space selected, like in your example, just pick the color and then hit "Backspace". See Keyboard and Mouse shortcuts here.
  8. Is there a plugin?
  9. Of course, I mean to use the color picker on the image, not on the color wheel. Or, is there any other way how to make smooth transition where a cut in image is visible?
  10. You need to click More on the colors window and add the colors manually: < Clickable> Or: When the Color Gradient is open, the color picker on the color wheel of the color Gradient works fine for me.
  11. I would like to use the Gradient for masking of a sharp edge, making gradient from one side to another. But Gradient Effect remember last two colors and I do not know how to change it by color picker, except to write down RGB numbers and than set it manually...
  12. Last week
  13. Your requirement is very niche. You need a completely different tool for this.
  14. I think paint.net should add a multiplayer mode, me and my friends we spend our time mapping but. Wouldnt it be fun to do multiplayer?
  15. Not sure if you're doing requests for new plugins at the moment (or at all), but I had a potential idea. Something akin to the "Hue/Saturation+" plugin, but for setting the colors within the range to a predefined color. Say you had something like this: You can't really make a particular area transparent since the gradients would mess with things, and you can't really just make the whole thing black and white before overlaying the color change since the background isn't off-white but rather off-blue. As such, you'd likely wanna pick a range around the pink spectrum before replacing the color... But what if you had a specific hex code in mind, and couldn't replicate it with the HSV slider? In this example, I'm gonna take 00FF90, since I'm the one who created the picture and can modify it due to that (though, in the case of this plugin, it'd be assumed that you're editing a file that was provided to you and/or saved in a state of partial destruction (layers merged, saturation/contrast/brightness/value changed, etc.) and that you lack the original layered (or otherwise unaltered) copy). With an ideal result, you'd receive an output like this: Obviously this won't happen every time, since you'd need understanding of how the "Hue/Saturation+" plugin works to begin with, but this could prove helpful to quite a few people.
  16. Go the the Plugin Index and search on: ☑️ Effect ☑️ Any Status ☑️ Current Version ☑️ Legacy (4.x) ☑️Legacy (3.x) Menu: Effects > Distort That filters the list down to 94 plugins, which will be simple enough to look through until you find the one you want.
  17. It is not Interlace, nor Diagonal Lines. I remember specifically it was under Effects>Distort category
  18. Tactilis

Can't copy shape

@jamanda - as @toe_head2001 says, you can't copy shapes in that way. This thread explains how to copy and paste an area containing a shape (or anything else): It links to another thread that requests the capability to copy a shape directly while drawing it (as you thought you could do): The best way to draw/move/copy shapes is to place them on their own layers. If you have not used layers extensively so far, then it's worthwhile reading the Documentation on this. Click the paint.net Help icon top right then Layers -> Working With Layers or go directly here https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithLayers.html
  19. toe_head2001

Can't copy shape

Sorry, but your issue is not related to the other posts, so I've moved this to a separate topic. You can't copy shapes like that. That has never been possible in Paint.NET. It always copies the image as pixels. Perhaps you used another program in the past.
  20. Hi, I'm on version 5.0.13.8830.42291 and have an issue occurring which seems to be related to this, though slightly different. Tried changing the file type from pdn, to png, to jpeg but get issue on all types. Steps to replicate: 1. Open a blank image and paint the background white 2. Draw a coloured shape - I've been drawing an Elipse shape outline 3. With the shape still selected after completing the elipse, do a ctrl+c. I can see the shape is selected and I can make it bigger/smaller etc... using the mouse. 4. Ctrl+v to paste the shape to create a duplicate - entire image gets pasted. I can't seem to find a way to duplicate a single shape that has just been drawn. This used to work okay using ctrl+c / ctrl+x
  21. Hello @fov, I used the Diagonals line plugin to draw black lines. Nice image effect.
  22. RRInToronto

Screen Prototype/Mockup

Thank you Rick, bit of a long shot on my part, and I appreciate your response!
  23. Close but the plugin didn't just overlay a series of stripes on top of the image but instead distorded it for this CRT effect
  24. Welcome to the forum @fov. If you go to the Plugin Index and search for Stripes you will find some possibilities. Assuming that your original image is simply a white line drawing on a black background, then it looks as though the Interlace plugin may do what you want.
  1. Load more activity