All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I am trying it on a transparent layer. I finally got it to do something on a very wide font.
  3. Text must be on its own transparent layer. Fatter text works best.
  4. Sorry - but the bevel object appears to absolutely no impact on text.
  5. Today
  6. I find it useful now that I've become familiar with it. It is quirky because of it's similarity to this shortcut: Shift current tool 10 pixels Hold Ctrl + Arrow keys ↑ ← ↓ → (may not work with all tools) The trick is to use the arrow key first, then use Ctrl + arrow key combination to move by 10px (yes, I get it wrong often)
  7. Paint.NET doesn't have any fonts of it's own, it uses the font's currently installed to Windows, default and ones you've downloaded and installed from the internet. Here's a resource for default Windows fonts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_typefaces_included_with_Microsoft_Windows
  8. Yesterday
  9. Hey everyone rn im on a mac and im too lazy to use my windows and i was wondering if anyone had a list of the Paint.net fonts an what they look like?
  10. @welshblue That was so bad it gave me a chuckle, so I'll upvote you for your effort. So, I thought I would search for bad chemistry puns, and found one. I present to you, Professor Cat:
  11. You may also look into Gimp. It accepts python scripts to process images using built-in filters and/or other scripts. It comes with a python console.
  12. Yeah this usually happens because of some other software or configuration on your system. G-Sync Windowed Mode is buggy as heck and definitely causes this.
  13. Does anyone actually rely on the “Ctrl makes a copy” behavior? This has always been weird, clumsy, and inconsistent in my mind. Can always just Ctrl C Ctrl V to do the same thing... (I suppose I can just disable it and see if anyone notices...)
  14. Thought experiment: 1. Draw your solid line on it's own transparent layer. 2. Duplicate the layer (next two steps use this new layer) 3. Apply Motion blur in a direction which approximates the width of the dotted band. 4. Apply Halftone to make the motion blurred gradient into dots.
  15. Hi splitframe - welcome to the forum That's correct. Using the Ctrl key allows you to move a copy of the selection. REF: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/MoveTools.html#12 Just use the arrow keys without the Ctrl key
  16. What happens? When making a selection, for example a rectangular one, and you want to move the selected pixels by a fixed amount using ctrl+arrow_key a copy of the original is left behind as if you have had copied it before. What should happen? The selected pixels should just be moved without them being copied / the original being left behind unmoved. How to reproduce? See "What happens?"
  17. This happened because you added a data entry row, but didn't add any data on that row. Like this: I'll fix this later.
  18. Try disabling the 'Hardware accelerated rendering (GPU)' option in the Paint.NET settings. https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/SettingsDialog.html#2 Also , do you have an Nvidia graphics card, and have any G-Sync features enabled?
  19. Impressive plugin Crash with choosing Stacked Bar option in 3D mode ...
  20. Ah, I see, it is happening when you try to sort the rows of data by clicking on the column title. This happens because there is a blank cell in that column. EDIT: @xod This error is now prevented. Redownload.
  21. Very nice plugin! Thanks. First crash: Enter some data and click on Tuesday. Exception details: System.ArgumentException: Object must be of type Double. at System.Double.CompareTo(Object value) at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.RowComparer.CompareObjects(Object value1, Object value2, Int32 rowIndex1, Int32 rowIndex2) at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.RowArrayList.Pivot(Int32 left, Int32 center, Int32 right) at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.RowArrayList.CustomQuickSort(Int32 left, Int32 right) at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.Sort(IComparer customComparer, Boolean ascending) at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.SortInternal(IComparer comparer, DataGridViewColumn dataGridViewColumn, ListSortDirection direction) at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnColumnHeaderMouseClick(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
  22. ImageMagick would be a good option for you. https://imagemagick.org
  23. Okay, thank you for the reply
  24. No. Paint.NET is not designed to be used this way.
  25. Try this plugin: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/114530-boltbaits-charting-control/
  26. BoltBait's Charting Control v0.1 (Prerelease, Test Build) I quickly slapped this together because of this request. (There are probably issues. Give me feedback and I'll see if I can fix them.) It looks like this: You'll find it in the Effects > Render > Chart menu. Instructions: First, choose your chart type. Then, click the "Enter Data" button to enter your chart data. On the data entry screen, you can click the colors to change them and you can right-click on column titles to change those. Finally, tinker with your other options and click the OK button to finalize your chart image. Important: Remember to click the "Save Data" button to save a copy of your chart data to an xml file. This file can then be used later when clicking the "Load Data" button to restore your chart options and data. This is the only way to save the format of your chart if you wish to come back later to make tweaks. Once you click OK, your chart is now a graphic and can't be edited. Limitations: This chart control is not designed to work with selections. I might add that later if users think it is important. The resulting chart is scaled to the size of your canvas. So, before running, set your canvas size to the size of graph you want and press Ctrl+D to close any selection you might have active. Download: Click the button to download the zip file which includes an installer. Download the zip file to your desktop, unzip both files to your desktop and run the installer. If successful, you can delete all the new files from your desktop. Download Once all the bugs are worked out, I'll be adding this to my plugin pack. Source code: I can't take credit for all of this... lots of it was written by @toe_head2001 and Microsoft.
  27. Have to agree with MJW. That's the most realistic 'plastic' I've seen yet! Great job!
  1. Load more activity