All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Fixed an error when saving EXIF metadata with zero items. Fixed a potential memory leak when loading WebP images.
  3. Today
  4. I tried that yesterday, but it didn't help. https://imgur.com/b1Qn3OT The only two options are the "Look in Windows Store" which yields no results, and the Paint.NET application I tried making via the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\dotPDNLLC.paint.net_4.205.7213.0_x64__h55e3w7q8jbva\PaintDotNet.exe shortcut which gives me this error: https://imgur.com/rGCEOXM
  5. Hello @cramtar and Welcome Here are a few links for you to read: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ And this: And this about DPI - of which I know nothing about ๐Ÿ˜
  6. @welshblue - the cat would have known you hate cats ๐Ÿ™€ And this is a result of playing and playing with one of @MJW's Height Maps.
  7. Hello, I would like to learn whether Paint.NET can do some editing. Can it change dpi value of a photo? Also, can it align some misaligned objects in a photo? Lastly, is a user guide in pdf format or some other format available? I will very much appreciate for the answer.
  8. Congratulations Everyone - Everyone got a place 1st Place goes to @welshblue, @Pixey and @MJW with 6 votes each 2nd Place goes to @MJW with 4 votes 3rd Place goes to @Pixey and @lynxster4 with 2 votes Fabulous entries from you all - it was rather a hard subject though ๐Ÿคช
  9. The Poll is now open for โ€˜Xhinโ€™s Lattice Transformโ€™. It will be closed on Saturday, October 26th, 2019 โ€“ 7:00 pm (UK time) and 2:00 pm (EDT). World Clock. Thank you, everyone, for your beautiful entries. May the best win! Got some great entries this comp! Please visit and vote for your favorites!
  10. Now that Pit as seen the information for installing the plugins for Paint.NET by 3 sources they can now do it. It was clear to me also when I agreed with toe_head2001 and referred Pit to go back to the link and its second yellow highlight note on how to create the /paint.net App folder and its sub-folders in the My Documents folder. I also include a video link on how to create and place a folder in Windows just in case PIt was a novice to this procedure. Now we can all wait and see if any of this advice helped!?
  11. Any updates on this? EDIT: When you draw a filled circle, it's perfect. Comparison (22x22 circle):
  12. Thanks everyone! I just woke up...
  13. There is a distinction between the standard free 'program' as he put it and the Windows Store 'app'. The issue here is about correctly installing plugins when using the Windows Store version. It is clear he is using the Windows Store 'app' version by the WindowsApps folder in the install path he gave. @Pit The link that @toe_head2001 provided gives the correct instructions but it doesn't sound like you correctly solved the problem. Trying to install to the Program Files or WindowsApps locations when using the Windows Store version will not work and you won't see any plugins you attempt to install. You need to create folders in your My Documents as the link states and place your plugins there to correctly use plugins with the Windows Store version.
  14. So very sorry to hear this. I went to the lead post and again admired his remarkable building images. He also had the cleverest animated sig I've seen. The way the letters bunch together after being sawed always amuses me.
  15. You should be able to use the "Default apps" in Settings to register any file type with any app. You may have to double-click on a VTF image first though.
  16. To elaborate more on what @toe_head2001 said, you may have installed a pre-v1607 version of Windows 10. Let Windows Update do its thing, and you should be good to go.
  17. Dave was a humble and selfless man. He spent hundreds of hours on the forum replacing images and archiving tutorials. He did this because he wanted to. That's the sort of guy he was. I shall miss him and his wonderful wood-works greatly ๐Ÿ˜ฅ I'm not a religious man, but I like to imagine Dave is somewhere designing clouds and nebulae for us to enjoy. Please do spare a thought for his family. They suffered along with him. I imagine their grief must be pretty raw right now.
  18. Please verify you have Windows 10 Version 1607 or newer installed. If not, you need to run Windows Update.
  19. I just installed Windows 10 Pro on my old Thinkpad T400, in preparation for the Win7 Pro End of Life event. Anyway, I have always used Paint.net, and since I did a fresh install of Win10, I had to do a fresh install of Paint.net. Anyway, I downloaded the latest version 4.2.5, and it seemed to go through almost the entire install process, but then at the end, it arbitrarily shut down, and gives the error, "Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (Version 1607) is required" Since this is a new install of Win10 Pro, I am kind of confused as to what might be wrong and how to fix it. I also tried paint.net 4.2.4 and got the same error. So it is not an isolated glitch.
  20. Yesterday
  21. I upgraded to the Windows store version of Paint.NET because having it update every time I needed to use it was getting annoying fast, but in doing so, I can't associate the Paint.NET app from the Windows store to VTF files. The source code to the plugin is here: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/files/files/pdnvtfplugin111-source.zip but I'm not sure how to enable the Paint.NET app to register VTF files with this plugin as the windows store app. It seems to have registered with BMP and other classical image formats...
  22. I am sorry to hear about the death of Woodsy. He was a master draftsman and a great teacher.
  23. Please clear your %temp% directory, and see if the issue persists. https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-safely-delete-temporary-files-in-windows-10/ Let us know how it goes.
  24. When saving image as jpg the save preview pane is blank, then get, Application version: paint.net 4.2.5 System.IO.IOException: The file exists. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost) at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<UpdatePreviewAsync>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 569 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<UpdatePreviewAsync>d__48.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 623 If I continue it does save the file anyway (as file didn't exist already despite the message), but it's a bit worrying as you need to check each file to make sure they're OK
  25. Horribly tragic news ๐Ÿ˜ž I didn't get to have a lot of interactions with Woodsy, but I always found myself astonished by the quality of his wooden textures and the advanced artworks in which he used them. No doubt a person made of good wood. So sad he's suffered so much. Hopefully he is finally at peace now ๐Ÿ˜”
  26. Thanks, he just told me the system restore method worked. He forgot to post here while I was checking so I just am relaying this for him. Thanks for the help!
  1. Load more activity