All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. RGB has to be inverted to its complements of Cyan,Yellow, and Magenta
  3. Yesterday
  4. Since my coding with C++ for Krita isn't working out, I decided to go back and script for G'MIC plugin again. https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/pull/170/files#diff-d7ad42858abd627558d73650ffbacf72 Latest commit for G'MIC. Basically replicates Paint.NET fragment blur, and enables more options than default Paint.NET fragment blur. This is also going to be used for replicating PS Emboss.
  5. https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113646-rgb-compositor-v10-jan-6-2019/
  6. Hi there I have 3 b&w versions of an image, each taken through a red, green, or blue filter. I have gotten to the stage where I have isolated the RGB channels. This is what it looks like so far: However, I am unable to combine the layers in such a way that a colourful end image is produced. This is what the result looks like: Could anyone please help me to produce a colour image? I am trying to emulate what Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky did.
  7. These two phrases below give the answer to your question (bold italics mine).
  8. Ok, but it takes like 3 seconds to zoom-in, adjust, and zoom-out again. Not even exaggerating here. Not to say that being able to type in the number wouldn't be useful.
  9. I tested it, it doesn't always seem to work with 100% or less with the contrast factor. I'm surprised it doesn't use convolution as I thought it would.
  10. what I suggest is workaround only get photofiltre 6.5.3 - it is old, no longer developed, but free photo editor and it has some awesome functions. To test it, download the portable zipped version - use plugin that other app to open photofiltre with it - make rectangle selection (any size) , right click on the selected area, a menu appears - go to manual setting and enter dimensions, okay it - right click again and click on first option in the menu and chose color of border and okay it. The selection changes to rectangle (sorry if my description of photofiltre options is not precise I only have czech version) Off topic: Photofiltre also has polygonal selection and you can store and reuse selections. And I just love the Photomasque function for making frames
  11. Works fine for me. Which settings are you using?
  12. I just get completely black images with 4.1.6, dll v1.2
  13. Following on from @lynxster4 I executed the same technique to create this result. Top plugin @ReMake
  14. Happy Easter to Everyone! Playing with GMIC: A little @ReMake's new PS Emboss+ and TGA:
  15. I still find precise sizing of lines or shapes very frustrating. Ego's suggestion to grab corner and use arrows is sometimes useful, but actually lines and shapes change size in increments of up to 3px depending on zoom level. I really want precise sizes to 1px. The only way I can do this is to keep moving the mouse until it is correct. This frequently fails and I have to start again. Any improvements in precise sizing of lines and shapes would be welcome
  16. @ReMake, I have to say, looking at the Photoshop's filter and your Emboss+ pictures, I'd say you managed to nail Emboss+.
  17. As stated in the title, I opened up paint.NET and it prompted me to update it so I did. It gave me this 1603 fatal error thing and now keeps doing it after attempts to install it again. 1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed This did not work. (It did not find anything paint.NET related on my PC) 2. The sfc/ SCANNOW method did nothing either. 3. After the attempted install, it creates a paint.net folder with a "Staging" folder in it, with two files that when clicked just tell me to install it using an installer. As a side note, I have kept two plugins I had (psd and alphamask dll files) in a folder called placeholder. Doubt these are actually doing anything but I thought I'd mention it.
  18. @jaybee_au Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you didn't use my name "Andrew" Can you post the name of the folder you created to be sure? Are you getting the same error message from the installer of these plugins? Let us know ASAP
  19. Last week
  20. Sorry, but you've come to the wrong place. This forum is for the Paint.NET software program.
  21. I think he means he already has the other pictures in different layers. If that is the case then the solution is simply highlight the layer of the image you want to move in the Layers(F7) tool box and use the Move(M) (Selected Pixels) tool. You can then move the image in that layer around with mouse or keyboard directional keys.
  1. Load more activity