All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @JulioCoolio Great job! Very reminiscent of a slab of Labradorite.
  3. I was doing this with scanned negatives, and had to invert the negatives in order to get the actual picture
  4. Today
  5. Greetings, Maybe these links will help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/change-default-image-editor/4b01b777-338f-49c1-8300-9bcd7f60c160 https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/change-default-image-editor-edit-command-right-click-image/ https://www.ghacks.net/2018/11/09/microsoft-confirms-file-association-bug-in-windows-10-version-1803/
  6. I only saw one other thread on the topic and it was locked after being largely unproductive. This is not about the ability to right-click a single image and selecting to edit in paint.net. This is not about setting the default VIEWER (and editor) for images. This is not about setting the default apps in the standard Windoze UI widgets. All of those are quite simple. It's about altering the "root" file association for ONLY the image editor, leaving the default app for VIEWING to whatever you have in place now. Why would I want to do this? Because it's the only way to make it so you can select MULTIPLE images and right-click and edit with paint.net. The other thread seemed to indicate there was an install-time tick box to set the editor - it's been so long since I've done an install I don't know if that's the case or not (or if it alters only the editor and not the viewer as well) but at this time there does not appear to be an option in the settings UI. As this is a simple refedit I would suggest that as a possible feature enhancement. There are "apps" to do this "in the wild" (the other thread conveniently alludes to the first hit on Google, a sponsored link - use at your own risk) however the required regedit is astoundingly simple. To my knowledge this works in every version of Windoze since XP...... Anyway - to ONLY change the default image editor: Open regedit Search keys only for SystemFileAssociations Open that key and navigate to image Open that key and expand down to shell\edit\command (if you want to be safe at this point right-click the command key and select "export" - save the file somewhere and if you want to reset the edit just double-click the file and run it) The default value will look like this: "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1" Change that value to: "C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe" "%1" ...or whatever the full path is to the executable for your installation of paint.net (if in doubt you can even search the registry for an existing entry in the paint.net key) The change is immediate. Hopefully someone finds this useful.
  7. New commits have been accepted. You may check if my version of Emboss+ is under Testing->Reptorian. It name should be non-convolution edge extraction, but it has a role for glitch art, so I would appreciate better name. If it is not here, check by in a few hours or tomorrow.
  8. Thanks! So there may be a way to run a similar batch/bulk image + filter processing from a command line within IrfanView!?
  9. Oops! I think that in using the gray-scale to RBG example; that flying_chair presented; adding 50 to 66% transparency to each layer before merging to a single layer and then turn the opacity of the single layer up to 100% is the solution. I hope that you have save to a PDN so that you can test this. I must admit that I have not tested this. Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky was using transparencies also, but his was photographic film transparencies.
  10. Very nice images! Love the Easter images and the texture in the stitching too.
  11. Wow, Stem Cell is stunning! Love the texture of the stem cells as well as the background. They look very mechanical and like they took a long time to make.
  12. Thank you @welshblue your comments are always appreciated! New image on the first page!
  13. To do what? Why would you invert the colors for an RGB composition?
  14. In G'MIC, go to code[local] or code[global], and type in input_glob "file_location_without_spaces_anywhere" _effect o "file_location_without_spaces_in_filename_or_file_location" _effect is the command or filter command name you want to use You need to learn about G'MIC scripting to do this though.
  15. Thanks guys, I'll do some peeking around about batch effects processing and see what I can find.
  16. RGB has to be inverted to its complements of Cyan,Yellow, and Magenta
  17. Yesterday
  18. Since my coding with C++ for Krita isn't working out, I decided to go back and script for G'MIC plugin again. https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/pull/170/files#diff-d7ad42858abd627558d73650ffbacf72 Latest commit for G'MIC. Basically replicates Paint.NET fragment blur, and enables more options than default Paint.NET fragment blur. This is also going to be used for replicating PS Emboss. ----- EDIT: Inspired by @ReMake , I ended up doing a version of Emboss+ with 9 options for G'MIC. This one is using LAB color space mode, periodic wrap-around, and freeze blending mode.
  19. https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113646-rgb-compositor-v10-jan-6-2019/
  20. Hi there I have 3 b&w versions of an image, each taken through a red, green, or blue filter. I have gotten to the stage where I have isolated the RGB channels. This is what it looks like so far: However, I am unable to combine the layers in such a way that a colourful end image is produced. This is what the result looks like: Could anyone please help me to produce a colour image? I am trying to emulate what Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky did.
  21. These two phrases below give the answer to your question (bold italics mine).
  22. Ok, but it takes like 3 seconds to zoom-in, adjust, and zoom-out again. Not even exaggerating here. Not to say that being able to type in the number wouldn't be useful.
  23. I tested it, it doesn't always seem to work with 100% or less with the contrast factor. I'm surprised it doesn't use convolution as I thought it would.
  24. what I suggest is workaround only get photofiltre 6.5.3 - it is old, no longer developed, but free photo editor and it has some awesome functions. To test it, download the portable zipped version - use plugin that other app to open photofiltre with it - make rectangle selection (any size) , right click on the selected area, a menu appears - go to manual setting and enter dimensions, okay it - right click again and click on first option in the menu and chose color of border and okay it. The selection changes to rectangle (sorry if my description of photofiltre options is not precise I only have czech version) Off topic: Photofiltre also has polygonal selection and you can store and reuse selections. And I just love the Photomasque function for making frames
  1. Load more activity