All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. it says i cant use the flare program in DOS mode???
  4. Either of the top two PNG options will do the trick. Auto-Detect will find the transparency in your image and adjust the bit-depth to make sure no info is lost.
  5. You can just edit the crash log to remove any information you don't want to make public. It's just a text file.
  6. In order to preserve transparency + a 24 bit color depth, you have to save as a 32 bit image!
  7. I am trying to create an anti-aliased circle on a transparent background. It looks fine in the editor, but when I go to save the circle as a png, it doesn't save semi-transparency. It's like each pixel can only be fully opaque or fully transparent when saved. Is there any way to save the translucency of these pixels?
  8. Yesterday
  9. Is it possible to post the contents someplace else? The reason I ask is because there are some personal folders listed in the log file and I don't wish to share this information publicly 😕
  10. I say no, if I understand your post correctly, @TrevorOutlaw. If you open ShapeMaker on a transparent layer, you get a transparent layer, with nothing to trace. If you copy an object to the clipboard first, then open a transparent layer (in a new file) your options are PDN layer or Clipboard. PDN layer option gives you a transparent blank layer ( with nothing to trace from) and Clipboard gives you your copied object. That's it. After you trace your mask and save as a .dhp file and export it as an .xmal file, and put it in the Shapes folder, then you'll have to open your background image, open the Shapes Tool and 'draw' your shape to the proper size for your project. Then you can use it as a mask. You are asking for 3 different scenarios to be possible at once. If it's any different, @toe_head2001 will tell you.
  11. Thanks, @Pixey. I just ran the plugin and saw it. Didn't realize it was there.
  12. When you are in the ShapeMaker you can go to Help in the top tool bar, to read the Manual. Although I've never actually tried what you are asking, perhaps this - Page 29 - may suggest it could be possible. But @lynxster4 and @toe_head2001 will know better than moi
  13. I feel like I am asking a dumb question, so here goes. I finally downloaded the ShapeMaker plug-in so I can create masks. I would like to know if it is possible to copy an object from a layer, launch ShapeMaker on a transparent layer, and use the clipboard as a background for me to create my shapes. What I like about ShapeMaker is I can finally create masks similar to how some Photoshoppers use the pen tool to create path to mask out unwanted object(s). I don't know why it took me so long to download and use it.
  14. Object of the Fortnight #52 - Marbles. More than one and as many as you like. Here are some examples Marbles And here is a tutorial by @ReMake Special thanks to @toe_head2001 and @Ego Eram Reputo for being the theme generators. The deadline for entries is 2.00 PM EST (7:00 PM UK Time) on Saturday 8th February 2020. Please see the Countdown Timer for exact time remaining. This thread is for posting competition entries only. If you're not posting an entry, please don't post here. If you want to talk about any of the entries, or ask a question regarding the competition, you can do so in the discussion thread found here. Competition Rules: 1. Your entry must not have a background/backdrop/scene; just the object on a transparent canvas. Shadows and reflections are fine. 2. Your entry must be 100% made using Paint.net. Don't use another image editor. Don't use stock images/photos/textures (in full or parts thereof.) 3. Max dimensions are 600 x 600. 4. You may modify or replace your image until the deadline. 5. Three entries per entrant are allowed. Please make a separate post for each one. Many thanks to @toe_head2001 and @DrewDale for launching and hosting the competitions in the past. Previous comps have included the following topics here.
  15. Hello @Je Hooft and Welcome to the forum If you 'hover' over the Acquire you should see an option to get something from your Scanner or Camera.
  16. It's very simple: the moment I hover over the acquire tab (under file) the program just freezes. I don't know why and I don't even know what "acquire" does but it's very annoying cause I hover over the button when I want to save something and then the program freezes and my progress is lost.
  17. Agreed there were some excellent stone textures. Not the easiest theme in some respects IMO so it was great to see so many entries. Congratulations to everyone and really we're all winners with @yellowman back into the fray Thanks for the votes ... 2 fingers to my wife who asked why I'd made a mouldy peach and potato 🤣 Thanks Pixey
  18. Extremely tardy of me not replying sooner ... I've smacked myself on the wrist @LionsDragon thank you. Some reading this may think ... if they're not on drugs ... they need to be ... but once witnessed you've got to believe. Lucille ... damn Kenny Rogers in my head ... I almost prefer the spirits 😋 @Seerose ... thank you. As always your comments are so kind. Once you get used to Windows 10 ... you'll love it. @barbieq25 ... thank you. It can be a real pickle finding images that suit one another. Matching lighting/shadows etc. You've also got be be careful of what you search for/ words used in the search - I'm still damaged at some of the images I've seen 😁 (Strangely the missus always seems to walk in at inappropriate times ...)
  19. Congratulations to @welshblue, @Maximilian, and @Seerose! Those entries rocked! Though welshblue's two first-place entries were the best of the best, there were many fine entries besides the winners. Some of the entries that got few or no votes were very well done. @Maximilian's final entry has a very impressive texture. Sorry there was no entry from me. I produced several attempts, but none that I deemed quite good enough to compete with the excellent ones that had already been submitted. I couldn't seem to achieve the solidity of some of the entries (which is an important quality for rocks!). Thanks to Pixey for hosting.
  20. I noticed that the hue is being rounded down (aka "floored") instead of being rounded to the nearest number. For example, let's say I select RGB values 255, 100, 0. At this point the hue is 60 * (green - blue) / (max - min) = 60 * (100 - 0) / (255 - 0) = 23.529. I would expect that to be rounded to 24, but Paint.NET shows 23. Is there a reason for this behaviour or is this a bug?
  1. Load more activity