All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Every needed to recreate the results of the OpArt tutorial already exist and is availible to a Paint.NET user so inclined to take up the task. The hair styles plugin in concept is not clear to me. If you include an example there may be a series of effects that can achieve it.
  4. With so many amazing plugins available through paint.net,it would be even better with a couple of these ideas. On the internet there are some tutorials on moving optical illusion artworks,how nice would it be to see something like that,via a plugin. https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-moving-image-optical-illusion--psd-7646 Another idea is a hair styles plugin-i have had some success with adding vertical lines to a hair style and waving the selection,but it is unreliable.
  5. Glad you're home, hope you continue to feel better😊
  6. Yesterday
  7. When I work with text on a transparent layer I always make sure that AA is disabled. This makes Fill recoloring precise. After recoloring is done you can simulate AA by using Feathering or Edge Blur set to 1 and apply it to the text layer. @andymix There should be no background on the transparent layer. Maybe you are incorrectly thinking that the checkerboard pattern of the transparent area is a background that the Wand Tool cannot remove!? It has been like that for years.
  8. The colouring of black text using fill (Paint Bucket?) complaint sounds like a tolerance and/or anti-alias (AA) settings matter. If AA is disabled filling black text with another colour using the Paint Bucket does just what has been described on v4.1.5 and I'd suspect all recent versions. Is there any chance that with v4.1.6 the default setting for AA has been changed to off? That might explain things. You never get as clean a result filling in text, particularly if it has serifs or other twiddly bits, as re-doing it using the desired colour. Hence the advice often given here to add text in separate transparent layer or layers. The Color plugin Recolour Choice often does a better job than fill too.
  9. Your feedback is very vague and confusing (I'm guessing English is not your first language though). We might be able to help you out with these if you engage us in dialogue and don't just revert to the old version. Can't fix things if you won't work with us.
  10. Well you have your answer. Do with it what you want. Topic Closed
  11. Because it causes all sorts of really REALLY bad problems. This way there's only 1 small problem; I think this is literally the 2nd or 3rd time in 10 years someone has asked about this. Software reliability/quality is a statistical game sometimes.
  12. It does since 2017. Instructions here: http://blog.getpaint.net/2017/07/21/portable-mode-in-paint-net-4-0-17/:
  13. That is to bad and even a bit elitist considering even the revered Photoshop accommodate plugins !?
  14. Then you are missing out on at least HALF of what makes Paint.NET awesome!
  15. https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/12956-install-to-removeable-drive-botched-any-install/?do=findComment&comment=213627
  16. Yes, f: is visible as an option when I browse in the installer. But when I select it, the "Next" button is disabled.
  17. It is a removable drive. Almost all other apps allow installation on a removable drive. So it's obviously not a Windows restriction. Why not Paint.NET?
  18. Greetings, To remove a piece you need to do the opposite of what you have explained. Have to white puzzle as the foreground and your color photo montage as the background. To remove a piece, use the Wand Tool ~50% tolerance and delete the white area of a puzzle piece to reveal what is on the layer underneth and save each step as a PNG. Undo merge/save steps and repeat for each puzzle piece reveal. Make sure that after each Undo; you are woring with the top layer only! When all the pieces are removed you can add each of the save images to a AGIF/APNG animation with agif/apgn filetype animation plugin. Remember: A GIF animation can only contain up to 256 colors, so you will want to do a APNG animation to maintain color depth! Also the APNG animator animates from the bottom layer up so the full white puzzle image should be athe the bottom and layer above should have one piece revealed, and so on to the top where all pieces are revealed.
  19. @Reptillian! Thank you very much for clarification.
  20. Dear @Pixey! I'm so glad you're back with us. Get well soon.
  21. Thx I do it also like this. Just was thinking I missed something. And also if you download a transparency file then you need to start Again from zero.
  22. There is a thing as layered TIFF files, but Paint.NET does not support layered TIFF containers, Photoshop and GIMP do! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIFF I always save as a PDN file first then save as the merged layer TIFF second! If I want to alter my image I can go back a re-work the PDN files. BTW: I also save iterations of the work as PDN files as it progresses and give the files names such as 'filename_01.pdn, filename.02, and so on, that way I can even go back to earlier iterations and even insert layers from later interations. I have Terabytes of storage and I like to backup often for peace of mind! I had a system crash after installing Windows 1903 Insider's Update. The system would not repair nor restore! It was a good thing that I had my hard drive backed up also!
  23. Rest and get better @Pixey Glad you're okay!
  24. The saved file is working correctly. For a better explain. I have a tiff file that have transparency saved. I open it in paint.net and then the transparency is ok . But I want t change or edit the transparency. I don't want to start from scratch . Hope there is a way. In photoshop or gimp you can see the grayscale alpha layers.
  25. I have 2 layers. The background is a puzzle - just a blank puzzle with only the outlines of the pieces showing. The 2nd layer is a picture I took. I want to reveal the picture one puzzle piece at a time, saving the image each time. It is meant to show progression, like using a thermometer but way cooler. Just to clarify, I did it before with a friend over Skype for 2 hours, but now can't for the life of me remember how to "remove" a puzzle piece and I won't take up her time again. The image below is jpg because of the allowed file size here. Thanks.
  1. Load more activity