All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Making an account just to say this, Win10, paint.net 4.2.1, Wacom Intuos Small BT disabling both windows ink in (wacom driver) and fluid mouse input (paint.net settings) fixes this issue for me, as well as not drawing random vertical lines!
  3. Outstanding job on that spark plug Welsh! Fantastic details. It inspired me to make one in blender. I think your's looks better than mine though. I'm still trying to learn how to model.
  4. Let me set up a repo on Github for it (if I haven't already). It makes sense to use this technology if we have it available PM me your github handle and I'll add you to the repo.
  5. Before this weekend, I'll post some suggested replacement code. I'd like to add a routine, called from the setup code, to precompute some values, so they don't need to recomputed per-pixel. The basic change is to save the division of alpha to the end. The way it's currently done is really imprecise.
  6. I'm up for it. I'll have a look this weekend. Thanks for the code!
  7. I'm more of an elderly script-kiddie, so I like it when you do half my job for me Some of my code requires actual living sacrifice - so witchcraft is not far off the mark (In an RPG I'm developing, I'm allowing the cost of magic (Mana) to be deducted from Hit Points or added as a number of months to the characters age. Coding seems similar in many respects)
  8. Yesterday
  9. I know you've been trying to figure out how to do a spark plug for a while @welshblue! But somebody beat you to it and put a photo of one in your thread. It's a great picture isn't it? 🤔
  10. Right... just erase the colors on the wings (either with eraser tool or via using magic wand + Delete key), then copy paste the Jamaican flag as a new layer. Go to layers and click to move down the new layer to below the background layer. Now you can move around the Jamaican flag underneath the wing outline using the "Move" tool until it looks just right.
  11. @welshblue discovered a bug in the way Shape3D computes alpha when antialiasing completely opaque areas. Though all the subpixels have A=255, the resulting alpha is 254. The AA is done in three places: one for each primitive type. The code in each section is identical except for the calls to low-level primitive-rendering routines. Here is the cylinder code, with the variables renamed for clarity: I'm pretty sure @Ego Eram Reputo and I could modify the AA code to work correctly, assuming EER is willing.
  12. Oh the boot from one of these is quite memorable. In Australia we call adjustable wrench a shifter among other things unmentionable on a family friendly forum. Yep, rounds off nicely. The rounding is not so noticeable. Great brand too. It is another fantastic image from you. The hint of Cross-processing is just perfect. A very polished piece. I challenge you to make the box it comes in 😀 After the fantastic job you did with the cigarettes, you would nail it. Easy.
  13. @welshblue, don't worry about it, man. Well, you certainly are bound to spark some idea thereabout. Nice work.
  14. One way is to use the magic wand on Add ( Union) setting. Easier to show you. You'll have to manipulate the Jamaican flag better than I did, but hopefully it's a point in the right direction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGpSVF6zHlg
  15. Yep I've used it in a tutorial I'm finishing off. Very handy (and it's cousin Fill from Clipboard) Thinking about it I only use Tile Image to achieve the effect you can now use Gradient Tool >>> Repeat Reflect/ Repeat Wrapped for. I think I'll bin the curtis dll's off It was a stranger crash than the time a sheep jumped over a hedge ...
  16. You could try using the Hugin program with your scans. http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
  17. You could always use my Effects > Paste > From file... plugin. It has many tile options.
  18. Thanks for the reply xod. Pasting other parts of the scan is one of the way to do it, but I get unsatisfactory results. At least to my own taste with my current testing. I am scanning very old documents that includes signs, writings and signatures. The most subtle misalignement get's visible. I was hoping for a plugin that would analyse the "bits behind each scan" to align them with precision... Not sure I get my wording correct here. Will continue to do the alignement manually, maybe I will get better at it. Regards. K
  19. If I had seen this image elsewhere, I would have thought it was a photo of a real spark plug!
  20. I was always a roll up man. Too many chemicals in straights that can kill you 😀 Thanks mate. Political correctness gone mad about cigarettes IMO ... the tax on them in the UK funds a lot, but it's ok to advertise gambling and alcohol Technically half Ingerlish but sssshh don't tell anyone. It's my dirty lil' secret ... @barbieq25 ... as always my friend, thank you very much. @Seerose ... thank you very much. You've always got such kind words to say @lynxster4 ... again, as always big thanks. @TrevorOutlaw ... hopefully you can understand my frustration, hours spent getting the S3D template right etc and you post that. But thank you for your subsequent comment Thanks too to @ReMake @Pixey @LionsDragon @IHaveNoName and of course you's above for the rep' points -------------------------------------------------------------------------- @RobCooke ... thank you very much for your kind words, but unfortunately due to personal reasons I'm not taking on any work for now or the near future. Apologies for not replying sooner -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bright Spark Made using shapes and @MJW's 3 Height Map plugins and a touch of Cross Processing at the end. For the Petrol Heads here who've had a kick off of a HT Lead and the subsequent swear word/s that pop out (Ignore the round bolt shape ... I haven't quite worked out yet to get that 100 % ... just the imagine the wrong size socket has rounded the edges off ...)
  21. Does that mean there could be a random crash again despite not even opening one of Curtis's plugins when the above happened. In fact as I said, no plugin was being used, just clicking on the canvas Shame his effects are bundled into 3 dll's - I only ever use Tile Image
  22. Nice and interesting interpretations @NSD @dipstick I must admit to having only played with 'my way' ... so will be interesting to see what threads are possible. Out of interest NSD what was your starting shape/ size of ? I've got visions of you on a hydraulic ramp and a set of allen keys in your mouth 😨
  23. I couldn't help but notice that there are many PDN plugins that *utilize* Perlin noise, but none so far as I could tell, that generate it. Well, that's what this does. You can specify the size, and allowed angles of the underyling gradient that determines pixel color, as well as the color of the noise (default is black and white). It's not super glamorous, but I'm hoping cooler people than I who know how to use Perlin noise to make cool stuff can have an easier time now. Additionally, feel free to strip the Perlin function from the source code to use for your own projects. The code can be viewed here. It's open source, so have at it! The plugin will show up in Noise > Perlin Noise Here's a kind of boring image of the output: And here's a more exciting picture of colored output rendered as a map: Use it for quick textures, procedural generated levels, whatever you need! Hope it's useful perlin_noise.zip
  24. Hi all! As the subjet states, I wan't to "re assemble" a large picture from multiple scans. No effect desired else than re assembling the picture correctly. Picture was too large for my scanner, I had to give it 4 pass. Not sure what terminology to use to search the forum. I tought "stitches" was the word but it brings me to textures... Using Paint Dot Net 4.2.1 All help will be appreciated.
  25. System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.PdnFileTypes' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Data, Version=4.201.7158.31906, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Looks like it's trying to access a class that it shouldn't have been, which has since been moved. The plugin will need to be fixed.
  26. That's a nice outcome. Alternatively you could also use "Diagnal Lines" plugin to get whatever thread pitch count you want. Here I made a left-hand threaded bolt.
  1. Load more activity