All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It's worth the try - but let's see what @Rick Brewster or another Admin/Mod thinks first. It's odd that the other tool didn't pick up anything 🙄
  3. So I should just able to hop in the Registry Editor and remove all these files of PDN?
  4. You can rely on Windows Defender which is already on your computer. Another person who had this problem did this: be sure to look at the hidden code:
  5. It was Norton haha. I removed it from my PC a few days ago and tried tried installing PDN after doing basically all that was said here. Still no luck. Do I need to download a new virusware?
  6. Today
  7. So the new computer can't download it either? What virus ware are you using on your computer? Hope it's not Norton!
  8. @GamerJamesey You will not receive any help if you SHOUT like that. What you have written makes you come across as rude and entitled. So, before you do anything else, please read the Forum Rules, which are linked at the top and bottom of every page. After you have done that, if you are still having a problem with this plugin, please post again and explain exactly what is not working for you. For example: - Is it an installation problem and you can't get the plugin to display in the menu? - Does the plugin display OK but you don't know how to use it? - Does the plugin crash for you? In which case, please post the crash log.
  9. I've tried restarting my computer multiple times. I'm fully up to date on my Windows 11. Id my tech savvy buddy take a look and his solutions didn't work either. I've tried force uninstalling with the Windows launcher thing and the Rivo but it doesn't even recognize PDN as an application on my computer. Really a shame since my last computer was this is EXACT same computer I bought from Walmart. It donwloaded and ran PDN just fine. The PC had other issues so I returned it to Walmart and bought the exact same one from Costco. Hasn't had any issues besides trying to download PDN.
  10. @JAA It would be very helpful if you could post a couple of example pictures showing exactly what you mean.
  11. You can't do it for all layers in one go. You need to do one layer, then repeat for the other layers. Like this: Use the Paneling plugin to move the contents of the first layer Activate the next layer Press F8 to repeat step 1 on the active layer. goto step 2 for as many layers as you need to move.
  12. Paint.NET 5.0.13 How to select all contents of layers and move simultaneously as I can only select one layer at a time ? Please advise.
  13. Yesterday
  14. Hi Red Ochre. That looks interesting. I will play about with that tomorrow. Its not completely cross hatching like I described in my answer to Pixey, but is getting there. Its past midnight, so I will try it our tomorrow. Thanks Pixey and Red Ochre for your replies.
  15. Hi, thanks Pixey. I did already see that post. The parallel lines is a great plugin, but does not really do what is meant to be done when cross-hatching in real life. In real life cross hatching, a lines are typically drawn in the shortest path from white areas to deepest black. Ie for a ball lit from the front where the middle is white and the edges are black, the lines would be radial from the centre to the edge. Ie along the slope where the change in white to black is steepest. The you do cross hatching. Think of this as along the contours of equal gradient. In the ball example it would be concentric circles from the middle. However, those contour lines are closer and closer together as is reaches the deepest shadow, ie darkest area.
  16. Should just need a reboot, not a forced uninstall. "Another installation is already in progress" can just mean something as simple as Windows Update doing some stuff in the background.
  17. Say I have a normal, blended-shaded picture in black and white. Is there any function that can convert that shading to cross-hatching? I am guessing it looks for the highest slope of the grey-scale. That's the perpendicular hatch line. Then it does the cross-hatch perpendicular to that for the contour hatching. I can shade normally, but am hopeless at cross-hatching which looks nicer and more striking in some cases.
  18. Also this one called Rivo that should work too: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/
  19. You could try this uninstaller, as well https://geekuninstaller.com/download?version=1.5.2.165 Brian
  20. Doesnt seem to work. These are all under the install issues: Then all the uninstall issues:
  21. Last week
  22. This plugin encrypts an image inside another image in a secure way and with a small reduction in quality thanks to a powerful dithering method, the only way to extract the image is with a use of a password. Download ImageSteganographyTool.zip Installation The archive contains the plugin file, it can be installed by running the .bat file or manually dropping the .dll file into the PaintNet\Effects\ folder Instructions How to Encrypt. Open the image you want to cover. Open the image steganography tool(it is located in the Effects drop down menu) Choose a key, by adjusting the 3 key sliders (this is like a password, without this you want be able to decrypt the image later) Select "Encrypt image". Click on the folder icon to select an image to cover the original image. Select quality, this will affect the quality of both images.(the default quality 4-bit & 4-bit is the most balanced option offering great quality for both images) Click OK and you are done! When saving the image it is important to use a lossless format like PNG PDN BMP etc. How to Decrypt. Open the image you want to decrypt, in order to reveal the original image. Open the image steganography tool(it is located in the Effects drop down menu) Insert the CORRECT key, by adjusting the 3 key sliders. Select "Decrypt image". Select quality option.(you must choose the same quality option that was used when the image was Encrypted) Click OK and you are done! Examples Using the "Original image 6-bit - Cuver image 2-bit" quality option. Using the "Original image 4-bit - Cuver image 4-bit" quality option.
  23. Okay, you need to practice using layers ....... and to get used to what the "select" an image can do. 1. On one layer, have your scanned image. 2. Draw a rounded rectangle on a new layer: rectangle shape found in the shapes area, under basic shapes. 3. With the magic wand, select the inside of the rectangle. Check flood mode (in the upper bar on the canvas) is set to 'contiguous'. 4. Move to the image layer and use Ctrl + I on the keyboard, which will invert the selection. 5. Then hit Crop to selection - or just hit delete. 6. Uncheck the rectangle layer and flatten. 7. Use AA's Assistant to clean up. But, remember that saving as .png will retain transparency.
  24. Hi @Pixey Not too sure about the steps. These are the steps you provided in the previous topic. Import your picture into PDN, which will be on its own layer. Make a new Layer and, using the Shapes Tool, draw a line where you want to crop it. With the magic wand, select inside the rounded rectangle, go to your picture layer, use Ctrl and I on your computer (to invert the selection) and then hit delete on your computer. Uncheck the back ground and rounded rectangle layers and Flatten the image and Save As and choose the format you want in the dropdown for either PNG or JPEG or whatever. So, step 1 and 2 of your new instruction is different than step 3 of the old instruction? And AA's Assistant to clean up? I tried and the image is still without the rounded edges. Sorry, I'm quite a newbie. Henry
  25. Thanks. In spite of being shown as a newbie, I have, in fact, been using Paint for about 15-20 years.. Had a change of details, new account when my email address became defunct. The clone cursor had me fooled with the anchor symbol which I hadn't seen previously. Anyway, all sorted, thanks to your advice. Much appreciated.
  1. Load more activity