All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I've been on 5.0.13 ... if I remember correctly, it prompted me to update and I was only 1 release back atthat point also. The Windows add/remove panel shows it was installed 3-11-2024 reinstalling now
  3. Today
  4. I don't know what the encoder does to those channels, you should as the AOM developers about that. For color images, the plugin converts the RGB input to YCbCr. For monochrome/grayscale images, the plugin sets the Y channel to the grayscale value and sets Cb and Cr to a constant value to improve compression (the exact value doesn't matter as the decoder will only read data from the Y channel).
  5. Hey Bolt, just wanted to ask, is your plugin pack updated with paint.net or separately from it? Do I have to redownload the plugin when a new update is released?
  6. btw this future release is 5.1, and I'm hoping to push out a public alpha in the next few weeks, so be sure to try it out!
  7. Essentially I'm working on a map project, and part of it is a height map overlay. I want to change to a new projection but the height map has a different color scheme (off-color file) that isn't the pure white and black as the previous height map for the other projection. When I try to layer the new one using the multiply layer tool, the resulting image is significantly darker, as opposed to the previous projection overlay, which would not darken the image at all except for adding definition to mountains. So, how can I change the color scheme of one png to match the other? If it's possible?
  8. Make sure you are installing version 5.0.13. Looking at your registry keys, your present version seems well out of date.
  9. I would not go exploring the registry and deleting things. That is often a recipe for making things worse.
  10. If you have my plugin pack installed, try using Adjustments > Hue/Sat+ Just start with a general selection, then run the effect: After setting the controls at the top to select your brown frame, use the Hue Adjustment to change the frame color.
  11. its installed... "C:\Program Files\paint.net\paintdotnet.exe" I'll uninstall / reinstall
  12. That's odd. You should have registry keys for: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\paint.net\ File/MostRecent/Path0 .. 9 File/MostRecent/Thumbnail0 .. 9 File/MostRecent/ThumbnailDpi0 .. 9 Looking at the key Updates/LastCheckTimeUtc with value 637777865591369352, it seems that the last time you used this version and it did an update check was 2022-01-14 19:49:19 Did you once have the installer version of paint.net, which uses the Registry, but since then have used only the portable version, which does not use the registry?
  13. Used several version of Paint.net over the last year or so -- I'm a casual user so only use it once a month or so. None of the versions have ever populated 'Recent' files ( File -> Open Recent)? Registry doesn't look like it has any keys for it.
  14. Yes something similar to that, though looking more professional (no offense intended, I couldn't do it!) - I suppose swapping wood into a grey slick paint like texture is difficult, vs simply a re-colour of an existing exact paint job say in white to blue or something.
  15. When compressing AVIF images using Paint.net, does the encoder process the Cb and Cr components separately or are they compressed identically? Thanks for your reply!
  16. Yesterday
  17. Thanks! I appreciate the quick response and looking forward to the update.
  18. I have it fixed on my machine... not that it helps you... I'll put out a fixed build this weekend, probably Sunday.
  19. Hey! I've been finding it hard to use the plugin because of this issue. Has it already been fixed? ('m using Text Fun Factory v2.1 and Paint.net 5.0.13)
  20. @JAA Have you tried the Halftone plugin? You may need to run it twice on different layers (horizontal / vertical). There is also this type of cross hatching but I don't know how to do it.
  21. Try this: https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html
  22. You are clicking on an advert. You can. Look at this thread (it's for 5.0.9 but where you click is the same for 5.0.13)
  23. I keep getting sent to: download video converter world? is this required, whatever it is? finally going to w11 this is my 1st attempt at DLing newer 'after 3.5xx' why all the hurdles? why have to pay at microsoft store? why cant i just DL the program & install it myself? I have tried later versions for 7-8 even one time tried for W10, didnt like ANY version after 3.5.1x never asked for help for it, didnt like the tone of your answers then eventually NO answers anymore also got some (seems to me) weird links to elsewhare have not downloaded ANYHING yet Dont mean to piss off anyone been registered here for many years, , , , , -corne-
  24. It's worth the try - but let's see what @Rick Brewster or another Admin/Mod thinks first. It's odd that the other tool didn't pick up anything 🙄
  25. So I should just able to hop in the Registry Editor and remove all these files of PDN?
  26. You can rely on Windows Defender which is already on your computer. Another person who had this problem did this: be sure to look at the hidden code:
  27. It was Norton haha. I removed it from my PC a few days ago and tried tried installing PDN after doing basically all that was said here. Still no luck. Do I need to download a new virusware?
  1. Load more activity