All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @HyReZ! @Pixey! @BoltBait! Thanks to all so much for stopping by to comment All plugins are up-to-date. Nevertheless I can not save picture.
  3. @welshblue ! Devil's Pulpit ist sehr interessant. So great scenery. Thank you for sharing this with us! Good to see you back on the forum! 👍
  4. @MJW! @lynxster4! @Pixey! @Eli! Congratulations to all. Thank you @Pixey! for the hosting.
  5. It still looks good, but a more 'rounded' font works better. I like the little 'ridges' you have going on. Great result, welshy! How do you get rid of spoiler if you accidently hit it???
  6. @welshblue! That makes me happy. Thank you so much for your rep. point.
  7. WOW, @welshblue that looks so beautiful and so desolate. Wonderful scene! It instantly reminded me of the news story I just saw this morning about the woman lost in a Hawaiian forest for 17 days and they found her alive. Great job!
  8. Yes, I thought it was probably the use of the clouds plugin - no uproar intended 😨 😁
  9. Today
  10. I wasn't implying that he used a stock texture; you can easily make your own. I was simply stating that I never thought to 'texturize' my ball. I did not mean to get anyone in an uproar!
  11. Thank you @welshblue for the beautiful comment! Both of those pics are the power of G'mic plugin.
  12. I hope @MJW did not use a TEXTURE as it's not allowed in the OotF 😱 " Don't use stock images/photos/textures (in full or parts thereof.) "
  13. Congrats to everyone! All soccer balls were great. But MJW's was perfect. I never thought to use a texture. Thank you to @Pixey for the hosting!
  14. Pixey

Candy Text

Fabulous tutorial @klaxxon and great results from everyone.
  15. Object of the Fortnight #40 – A House Key - chosen by @MJW. Any type of key - i.e. A Yale lock key or an old-fashioned warded-lock key. Here are some examples: Yale Key Warded-lock Key The deadline for entries is 2.00 PM EST (7:00 PM UK Time) on Saturday 8th June, 2019. Please see the Countdown Timer for exact time remaining: You may link to alternative versions, but they will not be part of your entry. This thread is for posting competition entries only. If you're not posting an entry, please don't post here. If you want to talk about any of the entries, or ask a question regarding the competition, you can do so in the discussion thread found here. Competition Rules: 1. Your entry must not have a background/backdrop/scene; just the object on a transparent canvas. Shadows and reflections are fine. 2. Your entry must be 100% made using Paint.net. Don't use another image editor. Don't use stock images/photos/textures (in full or parts thereof.) 3. Max dimensions are 600x600. 4. You may modify or replace your image until the deadline. 5. Three entries per entrant are allowed. Please make a separate post for each one. New rule: 6. Upon a tie when winning, the person who hasn’t picked for the longest gets to choose the next theme. Many thanks to @toe_head2001 and @DrewDale for launching and hosting the competitions in the past. Previous comps have included the following topics here.
  16. @welshblue, your outcomes always surprise with the feeling of volume and space! A nice addition to the tutorial. Thank you.
  17. What a lovely landscape Lots of detail and shiny too. I'm wondering if you used this tutorial for the trees? I've been meaning to try it out sometime
  18. Can you tell us what is your computer operating system please. Also, do you have all of the Window's Updates current? Please read through this thread for other pointers: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110411-common-install-uninstall-crash-problems-and-solutions/
  19. Yes, congratulations from me too. Although the others are good or very good the winner is outstanding mainly due to the use of an authentic looking leather texture and directional lighting/shadow effects.
  20. If this is all about trying to copy text from some image with a font or text design you like, as HyReZ says, there's no easy way. If the text is single colour you can try using the Magic Wand tool to isolate it or alternatively remove the background by other means and cut the text out but that rarely gives ideal results. What you're left with is what I suspect most of us do when wanting to reproduce a text design we like and that is to try and identify the precise font used and work from there. Font identification is a really tedious and often thankless job because the font may be not even be a commercially available one but a custom design based on several others and therefore unique. These are the cases where trying to extract the text is the only real but, as said, unsatisfactory, solution. There are also a myriad of lookie-likey fonts out there too However despite the mind rotting nature of the task and eye strain involved it can be strangely satisfying when you've searched through a thousand fonts and actually found an exact match or something close enough to be more than acceptable for the purposes intended. The two font sources I've always found invaluable are:- https://www.whatfontis.com/ https://www.dafont.com/ But there are, of course, dozens of other font sites.
  21. Greetings, I know of no easy, one size fits all, way to do what you are requesting! Paint.NET uses layers so that text can remain on its own transparent layer and then overlayed to another image. JPEG files do not support transparency nor layers!
  22. One of those tutorials with a lot of scope ... a few ideas brewing but the body isn't willing to play ball just yet ... shoulda' made separate yellow strands ... or a kid cut them out using a craft knife 😀
  23. Hello there! I am leaving my old PhotoScape and Paint was very recommended to me to do so! Now, HOW-TO extract text from an image to copy and paste for another use? Please, the answer step-by-step for a newbe that use ONLY the basic features of the program!! Thankas in advance! Roberto
  24. I'm using "FastStone image viewer", and it seems the same at 4.1.6, seems like this isn't issue with PDN. However, on copy-pasting image from chromium-based browser (Opera) 4.1.7α pastes without transparency, 4.1.6 pastes with transparency. 4.1.6 video 4.1.7α video
  25. Interesting and very effective technique ... very good results from the tut' and peoples My choice of font was all wrong. Should have gone for a more rounded one But anyways ...
  26. Okay, I tried the Clean Up program, but it didn't find anything, i also installed 4.8 from NET.Framwork, still the same. Here is an screenshot @toe_head2001 @Pixey
  1. Load more activity