All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I know nothing about .DDS and I don't know what you want to do to the alpha channel? My 'Alpha Threshold' plugin can show alpha as a colour but is not intended for height map editing. Perhaps combined with Pyrochild's 'Curves+' on alpha setting? If you are writing stuff for games you clearly understand what an alpha channel is. Therefore, why not explore codelab to write exactly what you require? All code needed is there (currentpixel.A) and I'm sure you will be helped if you have problems (post in 'Plugin-developers-central')...by people who know what they are talking about (not me!πŸ₯΄).
  3. hi i just signed up, im having some trouble trying to make something darker when using paint.net i have attached a pic, at the top is the original image, and below, is how it looks after i applied (5 times) effects-->photo-->sharpen (at the maximum amount '20') it does certainly look better after applying the maximum sharpening amount 5 times, but i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to perhaps other better ways i could make that text more readable? or do u think that is pretty much as good as i can expect? thanks
  4. You are trying to open a file as an jpeg image, but it doesn't have a valid jpeg header. Are you sure your file wasn't give an incorrect file extension? Can you open the image with another imaging program? Such as IrfanView? Please don't forget to create backups of important data.
  5. Today
  6. Impossible to open file, error message below. This is the second time something of this nature has happened in the past few weeks. Is there any way to recover the file? Please advise, I need urgent help! Application version: paint.net 4.2.8 PaintDotNet.Imaging.BadHeaderException (0x88982F61): D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer.Native\Imaging\WICImagingFactory.cpp (902) : hr = m_pImagingFactory->CreateDecoderFromStream( spStream, preferredVendor.HasValue ? &NativeConversions::ToNative(preferredVendor.Value.Guid) : 0, static_cast<WICDecodeOptions>(metadataOptions), &spDecoder); at PaintDotNet.Interop.InteropErrorInfo.ThrowIfError() in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Interop\InteropErrorInfo.cs:line 98 at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.NativeUtilities.ThrowOnErrorImpl(Int32 hr, SByte* szHr, IUnknown* pFxErrorInfo) in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer.Native\NativeUtilities.cpp:line 70 at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.Imaging.WICImagingFactory.CreateDecoderFromStream(Stream stream, BitmapDecodeOptions metadataOptions, Nullable`1 containerFormat, Nullable`1 preferredVendor) in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer.Native\Imaging\WICImagingFactory.cpp:line 908 at PaintDotNet.Data.WicFileTypeHelpers.Load(Stream input, Nullable`1 forcedContainerFormat, Nullable`1 preferredVendor, MetadataTranscoder metadataTranscoder) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Data\WicFileTypeHelpers.cs:line 61 at PaintDotNet.Data.JpegFileType.OnLoad(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Data\JpegFileType.cs:line 104 at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 512 at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158
  7. I find it doubtful that a registry cleaning tool caused the issue. A more likely cause is that another program has registered a Global Hotkey for Ctrl+Shift+X. There's no way for us to know for sure, since we don't have access to your computer.
  8. Heya amazing folks and sorry to bother! There is a type of normal map (I think it is a normal) that I've been trying to create with no success. Here in this package are the regular image and the _n version that I would like to reproduce (so I can apply the same effect to others that don't have it), both are DDS textures: https://www7.zippyshare.com/v/LOVRMl40/file.html (to get files from zipshare, press the orange "download now" a few times until the dl starts, ignore and close any extra windows that may open) What I've tried: Using the Normal Map Plus plugin, but it becomes something very different: https://imgur.com/UjjlobC And using the alpha mask (Control+C the whole image before apllying mask), it looks similar to the desired one but I dunno how to proceed after that (nomal map plus fubars the whole image again). https://imgur.com/AEogC48 Any tips or I should use a different program for this particular effect? Thanks in advance to all of you who help and make this program/world all the more lovely! πŸ˜ƒ
  9. Yesterday
  10. The Picture is one I took of my friend dressed as Santa with my daughter
  11. Nothing has changed in the code for this ... it works fine for me and others. So, a reasonable, logical conclusion is it must be that something has changed on your system :-\ (whether intentionally or not is, of course, unknown)
  12. Seerose with your talent you're going to create a spectacular creation. As we all have learned not every Santa Claus has to be the old American Coca Cola version, seen around the world. There is a multitude of possibilities you can "draw" from. Now go get 'em, You can do it.
  13. In some game engines (in this case Skyrim and older BGS games using DX9 texture pipeline), a DDS texture file's alpha channel is not used for transparency but for alternate material maps, such as a specular map stored in the normal map's alpha. However, when importing such a texture, Paint.net applies it as a transparency. Is there any way to view and alter the alpha channel completely separately from the RGB image when importing a DDS? Can it then be exported back in a proper alpha-enabled DDS format? That's pretty much the only functionality I hold on to an ancient version of Photoshop for: viewing and manipulating the alpha channels separately.
  14. Adapted This ... if it doesn't count, give me a shout
  15. I have already tried keyboard swapping, no difference / no change... I am familiar with how the action should be performed eg: simultaneous holding of keys, or press and hold Ctrl key, Shift key and then the X key until all keys have been pressed.. I am new to the forum, but I have enjoyed using Paint.net for 15 YEARS. BTW the command works when selected under the image tab, and Ctrl, Shift, C, still copies a selection and I can paste that. Just miss having the hot-key(s) shortcut ability for cropping to selection.
  16. It is all ways the " All Wise Prophet that is unable to make family shoes that fit"....'er som'thing like that. But Take HEART- we of the inter net-ian webber pages, WE understand and find that your sense of humors are like a very Fine Wine----well, at least a basic grape juice- But I regress- Never worry about the acceptance by family and friends---We your loyal and stalwart Strange-ers will always accept you as your are----though wearing just a night cap and night shirt may be just a bit much for that daily stroll 'bout the village. For now I must, AWAY! to fined the most elusive Wood Chuck-------Tootles ! [note: Oh Look! My new best friends have come in to retighten the straps on me "special" shirt--so nice they care]
  17. I have checked, and yes you're correct. It seems that I have forgotten some fair bit of c++ after not using it in a while.
  18. @welshblue, @Maggie, @lynxster4! I won't give up, I mean if you don't like it, choose another theme. I am patient and impatient at the same time.
  19. @welshblue! I have also tried, (De-Select) yet not achieved the desired effect. New Notepad Page PDF Version >>> Second is not notepad, but "Animal Texture". Thank you so much for your effort.
  20. C++ does the same thing as C#. Both treat a division of two ints as an integer division, as does C.
  21. @Seerose...you're giving up too easily, dear. Calm down and take a breath. Everything will fall into place. πŸ€—
  22. Just to clarify: you're pressing the Ctrl key, Shift key and the X key simultaneously? They need to be pressed at the same time, not sequentially. Can you swap out your keyboard to confirm it is not a hardware issue?
  23. I'm going to give it try @Seerose...just thinking about what I want to do now. πŸ€”β˜ΊοΈ
  24. There's plenty of time. It's good theme.
  25. My apologies @Seerose ... I forgot to say to De-Select (Ctrl +D) the newly pasted layer, before Flipping Horizontal Amended in the original, will update the PDF
  1. Load more activity