All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello! I've been using PDN for a couple of months - here's a selection of fractals, kaleidoscopes and other goodies for you to enjoy - 100% paint.net! Kaleidoscopes ANAMOS232 HOLYSMOKES232 NOID232 FREAZY232 EXOTICEYE232 MACHINEELVES232 Julia Sets ZETARETICULI232 REPLICAN232 REPLICANT232 REPTOID232 Misc. TABLET232 RA232 OPTICAL232 CLUBCHILLA232 MIDNIGHT232 All images can be found in 8000x8000 on my Flickr (and trust me, they look goooood). Peace! ✌️
  3. Today
  4. @welshblue I don't get any diamonds anymore too - sniff 😁 Both of the text images are great 😍 The first one is very energetic and really Pops. The second one is really 'moody' - I can almost hear some Diana Krall music emanating from that speaker
  5. @LionsDragon It is what it is and you do not need to feel any guilt if you don't feel emotion over his passing. This happened with my mother, with whom I had no closeness to during her life. The only time I feel bad about it, it when it's Mother's Day and I just can't feel anything at all. Just numb. As I said, it is what it is. Love your new signature BTW
  6. Updated to G'MIC version 2.6.6. I had originally planned to wait until after Pant.NET 4.2 was released so I could use the new clipboard code, but I can always make that change when releasing a later version.
  7. Both 'pop' very nicely welshy! I get a nice vibe from the first one and an adrenaline rush from the second. Well done! I love playing with text, too. (such weirdos...)
  8. @welshblue please just make a new thread in the Troubleshooting section
  9. Yes there is. Otherwise it would open just fine. When a deleted file is "recovered", it may have holes in it, so to speak. Especially if you deleted it half a year ago as you said. Data from other files was probably written into the various sectors/clusters that the "recovered" file originally laid claim to. Now you have a file that's a random mix of the original data and also data from other parts of the file system.
  10. ShapeMaker Thread is a dozen years old, that's why it's been locked.
  11. Has anyone got any thoughts as to why the Layers Thumbnails would suddenly decide not to load and just have the blue circle for 10 minutes ? Switching between 4 files and it suddenly went like that, until I shut down PDN. No problem on reopening
  12. It was too big to fit in the recycle bin so it was permanently deleted. And I did restore them to an external device. And I deleted the folder months ago, perhaps half a year ago by now. The files are undamaged, but I opened up a paint.net file in notepad++ once and saw that there was an XML document built into the pdn file, and there was a thumbnail ID which was in base 64, except in the un-openable files, the ending quotation mark and > were missing and I don't know where to put them. I'm convinced that all I need to do is find the right place to put those two characters and then the file will open. The partition I recovered the files from hasn't been touched since I deleted the files.
  13. How were the files deleted. If they were sent to the trash bin they can just be restored. If you used Recuva correctly you recovered your files to and external device and now, you may be able to look in the recycle bin and select restore if the deleted folder resides there.
  14. And there were a bunch of .pdn files that were in my drawings folder, many which weren't finished and had a lot of effort poured into them. I recovered some of them with Recuva and all of the ones I recovered said they had no overwritten file clusters and no damage, but some of them only display the Paint.net logo as their thumbnail and give an error upon trying to open them. I've attached one here on my dA account: https://sta.sh/01s6s9hshqte There is no damage to this file but for some reason it will not open. Can anyone help me with this? I'm sure there's SOMEONE here who knows enough about Paint.net to help me, or at least I hope I could talk to the programmers or developers about how I could fix these files. The error is here for the Winston's Biker Gang drawing: And here's an error for another file that I want to recover but don't exactly want to share (It was a fetish drawing that I made as a joke):
  15. gmic has been updated to version 2.6.6. The pre release is 2.6.7. Check the gmic site often for updates. The site is: https://gmic.eu/
  16. I like all sparkles but no-one buys me diamonds anymore 😭 On a serious note, on the right text in the right setting they can lift an otherwise 'dull' image On a text note I like experimenting with fonts/ text and must have over 50 different text styles pieces never shown ... 2 of my latest
  17. We've had metaphysical and ethereal ... let's add soothing. The flow and wispiness is of the blur is very tranquil. Mindfulness comes to mind. Great colours
  18. FWIW and i've no idea if it helps at all but one thing I've noticed is ... if you try and copy a transparent image into 4.2 beta it doesn't work. Close 4.2. Open up 4.1.6 and paste the same image - same result. No transparency. On the flip side if you open 4.1.6 first and paste the image the transparency is retained. Close 4.1.6 and open 4.2 beta > paste and transparency is retained A video to show my ramblings better https://youtu.be/JWJzrWr5-wk
  19. Hi all, @Masterlegodude & @Rick Brewster, problem seems coming from clipboard management, pixels are shifted from 3
  20. It's 2019, and apparently, Paint.net still doesn't support drawing a line with angles and more than two internal controls nubs. Surely, I'm not the only one who needs to draw this kind of thing? I had to draw five independent lines.
  21. @LionsDragon feel whatever you need to feel...he's the one who lost out on having a relationship with his daughter.
  22. Slapping forehead... All I can guess is that radial sounded like it should make radial lines, but I recall knowing that it was named that now... Also I think I tried it last night, but I set the value too high and it just made my star field disappear instead of turning it into visible streaks. Thx, honestly mt moderator, just put this thread out of it's misery, I was too tired last night to function, strangely still did some good work.
  23. Is it possible to prevent the layer names from being changed in the archive? For example, in paint.net my first layer is "01". When I save it into an archive, I would like to keep it as "01", instead of "L3,R1,C1,01,visible,normal,255".
  1. Load more activity