All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. lynxster4

Candy Text

Love your outcome with gimp @dipstick. There are so many variations. Klaxxon's technique gives you a cleaner, sharper highlight. Mine, from Plastic Text is more blurred, but both look good. Many different ways to achieve highlights! 😉
  3. Today
  4. I tried re-enabling hardware acceleration but no difference. I have (again) installed a fresh copy (original ISO) of Windows 10 x64 ver. 1809. Nothing else installed at all but Nvidia-drivers. Tried then with the chipset-drivers and NVMe-drivers too but still no difference. Only Windows Defender running as security software. Paint.NET keeps crashing after 1-30 seconds everytime. Feels like I really tried everything. Some incompatibly issue with my hardware? 2080Ti too new? There seem to be some direct2d(?) issues within the crash logs but this is not my area... Or could it be my Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSD? I have used Paint.NET before on this same setup but with a 980Ti and no M.2 SSD. Worked fine then. Worth saying is that I experience no problems with other apps whatsoever, or artifacts or faults with my GPU. Would be very grateful for further looking into the problem because I'd love to use your software.. Regards, Jonas.
  5. Yeah, this was predictable... How about some single key? F9 looks fine.
  6. Hmm ... newer versions of Paint.NET let you use the ColorWheel control that includes an alpha slider. Think this effect could be updated to use that? This is done by setting the min/max value of the Int32 property to min=Int32.MinValue, max=Int32.MaxValue. @BoltBait contributed this enhancement
  7. Never mind, please close this. I been able to convert the Strange Bulger Kaleidoscope PDN filter to G'MIC form, and will be adding new features to it.
  8. dipstick

Candy Text

Really good tut and excellent outcomes. This gave me an idea on some adaptations. The outcome is outstanding, but I won't post it because it was done in gimp. If anyone is curious, you can see it HERE.
  9. Yesterday
  10. lynxster4

Candy Text

Very nice tutorial @klaxxon I really love the technique used. Wonderful adaptation of the PS tut. It's a bit of a weird font...I don't really care for the e's, but most of the other letters are nicely rounded. It's almost summer, so I thought I'd go with this: Thank you!
  11. Woodsy

Candy Text

PDF added to this sweet tut.
  12. Recolor tool to the rescue! 1. Set Primary color to the color you want to end up with. 2. Use color picker tool + right click your image to select the color you want to replace. This color will be installed as the Secondary color (which is why you used the right mouse button). 3. In the Toolbar, set the sampling mode to Sampling Secondary Color 3. Wind the brush width up to something large, so it won't take forever to cover your image. 4. Wind the tolerance down to around 20%. 5. Cover the image in sweeping movements of the mouse with the left button held down.
  13. 1.5 Restart Paint.net (otherwise the plugin won't show up in the Effects > Artistic menu)
  14. Aurora is very much like an emerald @JulioCoolio! Your works are always so colorful! Well done.
  15. Many thanks for your interest-will be jumping in the water ~
  16. One more worthless post like this and I'm going to ban you for spamming.
  17. klaxxon

Candy Text

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it Plugins needed: 1. Diagonal Lines 2. Outline Object 3. Text Mask from here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111330-unfinished-plugins/?do=findComment&comment=550999 4. Drop Shadow 5. Bevel Object 6. AA's_Assistant I used 'pooplatter' font from here: https://www.dafont.com/pooplatter.font Fill Background with black color then add a new layer and fill that layer (White) with white color. Add a new layer (Stripe) and run Diagonal Lines effect with the following settings: Run Outline Object with the following settings: Now you must to have that: Merge layer down (Stripe + White) and run Text Mask effect with the following settings: Now you must to get that: Duplicate the White layer (I gave it the name: White - eroded text) and in that layer run the AA's_Assistant 17 times to get an eroded text. Before that, make the layer underneath invisible to see the effect of your actions. Run Drop Shadow effect with the following settings: Make visible the underneath layer and run AA's_Assistant 3 times. Select White layer and run Bevel Object effect with the following settings: Final result: Inspired from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v72VmVmR6cw
  18. Ahh - thank you for explaining that
  19. That's a totally different meaning for the word 'script'
  20. Hi pixey I've seen you in other threads I'm just a day old here and a newbie artist Ive been looking for free softwares I could use in game design and Ive read that Paint dot net is quite good compared to vector types though I uninstalled it a couple of times before not knowing i would have much fun experimenting with its features LOL thank you for your help
  21. Hello @Newcomer and Welcome to the forum As @NomBot hasn't logged in since 2017 I will try to answer your question. 1. You first download his plugin `~ unzip it and save to the Effects Folder in paint.net. 2. Import a picture (he used one with a head) 3. Then go to ~ Effects ~ Artistic ~ BoxFitting Good Luck!
  22. thanks hyrex i'm a newbie in this but Ive been having much fun experimenting with Paint dot net's features and added features I had this months before but I uninstalled it back then I never knew it would be fun LOL
  23. @Nombot how did you add the face?
  24. Paint.net with the style of Google (In french ). But It's a little bit simply
  25. In Brusheezy's terms of use the premium brushes are typically okay to use for commercial purposes since that is the reason why you are paying for its non-exclusive rights to use them, while some of the free ones are not free for commericial use, or are only free for commercial use with proper attribution. You will have to investigate this on a case by case bases. Each brush set has its indiviual license information. You are not allowed to re-sale them, however!
  1. Load more activity