Janettsue's Gallery

janettsue

I think you hit the nail on the head oma. She looks like Paris Hilton dressed up as Little Bo Peep for Halloween.

I love the windmill too. There is a public park not far from where I live that along with the Windmill has a Japanese garden and an old fram house that was remodeled by Frank Lloyd Wright. (Looks nothing like my idea of a mid-west farm house.) I really want to get back there in the spring to take pictures. My idea of a good time.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Some of the most recent abstracts that I have been working on.

th_blue29.pngth_blue30.png

th_blue40.pngth_blue41.png

th_blue9.png

th_pinwheel34.pngth_pinwheel50.png

th_pinwheel55.pngth_pinwheel70.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Thank you oma and HELEN. I like trying to get a calico look and that brocade look. Must be the quilter in me. Also I have fond memories of a brocade dress I wore to a Cadet Ball once upon a time. Very much like #6 but in sage green.

love the pinwheel patterns especially #6 that pattern background is lovely!

I've just have to ask how did you do this one?

ciao

Duplicate pinwheel layer, rotate/zoom with tiling. That is the simple answer. I think I also had a duplicated layer of the rotate/zoom with tiling layer that I used polar inversion on and I duplicated the pinwheel and had several different sizes. Also I had a layer that was fragment and then splinter for background and it added color. I think I did a scribble over a gradient layer to get the image to splinter with multi colors. Also I often put a top layer on and set it to difference and then use the gradient tool because I can change the color as often as I like as well as the mode with the gradient tool and see what I get the best dimension with. Hope that helped, if I were reading this I would be saying to myself, "What?". Hope you are not sorry you ask oma?

th_blogpics1.png

The good old fragment/splinter. Sometimes I think it is pretty cool on it's own but I do use it often as an augmenting layer.

Another one in the pinwheel series that I likedpinwheel39-1.png

I have been thinking about Christmas. I made stars last year and wanted to see if I still could.

starblue.png

Also I pulled out some stuff from last year and put them together. The candy cane is something I improved on since I stuffed this sox but I never could get it just right.

It will be fun to see what comes this Christmas.

2008MCsz.png

I love the X-mas card and the stars look really good (I am curious to see their evolution into a X-mas image) Just love pinwheels no. 3 and my top favourite, no. 6: Just gorgeous!

Duplicate pinwheel layer, rotate/zoom with tiling. That is the simple answer. I think I also had a duplicated layer of the rotate/zoom with tiling layer that I used polar inversion on and I duplicated the pinwheel and had several different sizes. Also I had a layer that was fragment and then splinter for background and it added color. I think I did a scribble over a gradient layer to get the image to splinter with multi colors. Also I often put a top layer on and set it to difference and then use the gradient tool because I can change the color as often as I like as well as the mode with the gradient tool and see what I get the best dimension with. Hope that helped, if I were reading this I would be saying to myself, "What?".

What? :lol:

Ciao

• 2 weeks later...

Things I have been working on. I think I like the girl in the daffodil dress best. The elves I had a hard time with and decided to move on to something else. The yellow butterflies were cut out of a kaleidoscpe image I did last year. The Snow Fairy's wings are a fractal.

th_butterflygirl.pngth_fairye1sz.png

th_wishlist.png

My Christmas star from last year: th_star20.png

Thank you topezia and Helen

This is something I did last year. I spent a lot of time on it and learned a lot doing it.

th_forest5sz.png

th_candycane3sz.png

Another of last years Christmas creations. I never could get the stripes right.

How'd you do the tree texture? It looks so realistic and wonderful. I love the way you placed the trees; it doens't look like it's cut out and pasted, you know what I mean? The image looks so natural and beautiful. The candy cane is cute, too. Love your work! :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

It is a lot of Gen Tree, copy, rotate/zoom and layer. It took some time, you just start building a tree a branch at a time. I like to use the inner shadow on the gen tree plugin. I have two different Gen Tree plugins. I have found that munipulating fractals can work too.

This is Gen Tree

th_crop.jpg

This is a fractal; manipulated rotated and layered

th_tree.png

I did this a while back just to make the point that fractals can be a useful tool. I say that because I know someone will notice that I spent no time on the trunk of the tree.

This is the fractal that I made in chaoscope that I used. I just saw tree when I looked at it.

th_Untitled41.jpg

Thank you for liking my work.

561! That is scary. I need to organize that mess. I have 23.7GB of pictures on my computer. 15,269 images, no wonder I have trouble finding what I am looking for. I guess that makes me obsessive and a pack rat.

Pretty in Pink was done for a friend. She is a cutie.

More old stuff. With luck I will find time for new stuff soon.

th_ornamentorb.pngth_a.png

th_ballegetreesm2.pngth_ball15sm.png

Thank you all for the nice words!

My latest work:

snowflakeSM.png

justabit.png

Very cute!!!! I love how you drew the hands; very well-drawn. Great composition and illustration of the elves. I like the buttons on the snowman, too. And not to mention the snowman itself and the texture of it, the cute snowflakes and snow crumbling off the snowman. Also, the "hands" of the snowman and its nose is just plain adorable!!! A great piece of artwork. :!: :!: :!:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you but I should tell you that I scanned a coloring book page in and colored it in not that it wasn't lots of work it was but it would not be fair to take credit for the drawing. I still love it and thought it great fun to do. I feel like I am getting pretty good with the smudge tool.

At least you colored inside the lines! lol. :lol:

Ha!Ha! It wasn't easy! Smiles!

• 2 weeks later...

I have not had much time for pdn the past two weeks but this is what I have been working on.

I thought you might like to see how it looks drawn and colored before the magic of pdn.

I love the smudge though it is a time consuming process it is so worth the effort.

Also I was afraid I had made my snowman look too much like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man

and I have not seen that movie in years.

th_beforeafter.png th_snowmanB1sz.png