How to Install Plugins ×

Sparkles Effect Plugin (ymd:100725)

MadJik

Sparkles Effect Plugin

sparkles00.jpg

What's this?

First of all, the initial idea belongs to kshotts: scanning the picture to find out the little shinning stars to add them some sparkles.

Second I'm calling flaRe the circle and flaKe the star.

Download the DLL

Plugin Sparkles.dll

ar.pngHere is the DLLal.png

The MadJik's All plugins package is available !

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=7186

How to install

Close Paint.net

Classic version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects

Microsoft Store version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: /My Documents/paint.net App Files/Effects/

You have to adapt for your language My Documents

The User interface

This plugin is added to the menu Effects, submenu Render.

sparkle_UI.png

Maximum quantity of sparkles to add (security limit):

If the image is too light (white) the plugin was hanging, because all and every pixels were considered as a brilliant spot to add a sparkle to!

And so it was running for hours/days/weeks!

The limit is here to avoid this problem.

Play between the limit and the brightness threshold to have a good coverage over the image...

Brightness Threshold:

Increase the value to select only the brightest pixels.

Maximum Glitter Size:

Maximum (if random checked) radius.

Glitter Possibility :

Possibility (0=none, 100=all) for a bright pixel to receive a glitter.

Flare/Flake ratio:

0=only flares, 100=only flakes, other=ratio between flares & flakes.

Flare normal/invert ratio:

0=only normals, 100=only inverts. Normals are brighter in the center.

Flake normal/invert ratio:

0=only normals, 100=only inverts. Normals are brighter in the center.

Flare number of vertices:

Quantity of rays to draw for the flare (0=perfect circle).

Flake number of vertices:

Quantity of vertices for the flake (star).

Random size:

If checked all glitters have a random radius up to the selected maximum size. Else they all have the same size to the maximum.

Some examples:

Original model:

sparkles0.jpg

Only flakes:

sparkles1.jpg

Only flares:

sparkles2.jpg

Fireworks!

sparkles3.jpg

Shooting stars!

sparkles4.jpg

Caviar:

sparkles5.jpg

Some tips:

__The glitters are created from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner. The last one overwrites the first one.

__A spot with a small radius is made with several pixels and each pixel of the spot could receive a glitter.

Shooting stars! Jay, it looks great.

Do you sleep at night or keep on writing plugins? :D

Thanks!

EliteOverride25.png

:) Visit-> My Website <-Visit :)

Please Call Me Elite Override

The trick to flying is throwing yourself at the floor and missing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This is a great effect but I can't seem to get the controls to render the same effects as your examples above!

So the settings for my examples are:

Only flakes:

Flakes/Flares Ratio: 100

Flakes Normal/Inverted Ratio: 0

others at default

Only flares:

Flakes/Flares Ratio: 0

Flares Normal/Inverted Ratio: 0

others at default

Fireworks!

Flakes Normal/Inverted Ratio: 100

Flakes number of vertices: 50

others at default

Shooting stars!

Maximun Glitter size: 400

Glitter Possibility: 100

Flakes Normal/Inverted Ratio: 100

Flakes number of vertices: 1

others at default

Caviar:

Put some white dots on a black background (no image used)

Maximun Glitter size: 400

Flakes/Flares Ratio: 0

Flares Normal/Inverted Ratio: 0

others at default

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is the first plugin I downloaded. I don't quite have it down just yet, but it is exactly what I was looking for. I know after I work with it for a while, I'll get the hang of it. Very very nice effect. Thanks so much, I know I will use this a lot. My geography website is all open source except for the logos and other graphics on the Home Page, I use MapServer for the GIS mapping, but I am committed to using Open Source software just to prove that the entire site can be done with Open Source. Everyone said I couldn't do a mapping site with Open Source but I did and now I want to complete the project and replace all the graphics with images from Paint.NET. Thanks again !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

This is the first plugin I downloaded. I don't quite have it down just yet, but it is exactly what I was looking for. I know after I work with it for a while, I'll get the hang of it. Very very nice effect. Thanks so much, I know I will use this a lot. My geography website is all open source except for the logos and other graphics on the Home Page, I use MapServer for the GIS mapping, but I am committed to using Open Source software just to prove that the entire site can be done with Open Source. Everyone said I couldn't do a mapping site with Open Source but I did and now I want to complete the project and replace all the graphics with images from Paint.NET. Thanks again !

You're welcome! Please give a link to you website...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If the image is too light (white) the plugin is hanging, because all and every pixels are considered as a brilliant spot to add a sparkle to! And so it could be running for hours/days/weeks if the limit is high!

The glitters are created from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner. So if the limit is too low only the top of the image is covered.

Read the post 1 for more details.

If the image is too light (white) the plugin is hanging, because all and every pixels are considered as a brilliant spot to add a sparkle to! And so it could be running for hours/days/weeks if the limit is high!

The glitters are created from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner. So if the limit is too low only the top of the image is covered.