How to Install Plugins ×

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 (May 2010)

evanolds

Ok, I just want to ask, will the computer (Running Windows XP SP2 Home) pick up the pointer things from whereever they are? Or is there a system file that you need to save them in?

rosaliecullenfinished537.png

You should proceed to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab, select which cursor you wish to change in the list, then browse for the replacement cursor. It would be best to have all your new cursors that you have created in a folder of its own, simply for organisation and for ease of locating.

Now, when you're happy with your new setup, you can save your new pointer scheme via the Save As dialog for future use.

Does this make sense?

• 1 month later...
Well Blast. I guess I'll be sticking with my 3.10 install and associated plug-in(s) for a while...

Can you uplaod the version of this plugin you have and give me a link? Because i would realy like to have the possibility to make individual sizes into 1 icon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is really nice. I've searched for days on download.com for a good icon/cursor program, but all the free ones where really low quality. So, thanks for this plug-in.

banner-2.png

Great plugin! Love it! now i dun have to use noob programs tht still wans me to pay!

But how do you make an icon like lets say recycel bin? It's empty and it show's it empty but when it has smth it will show crushed paper inside. How do you make it?

techicolorsiguw3.png

L i f e I s C o l o r f u l

• 2 weeks later...
Great plugin! Love it! now i dun have to use noob programs tht still wans me to pay!

But how do you make an icon like lets say recycel bin? It's empty and it show's it empty but when it has smth it will show crushed paper inside. How do you make it?

In XP you can make two separate icons and set them using Display Properties - Desktop - Customize Desktop.

In XP you can make two separate icons and set them using Display Properties - Desktop - Customize Desktop.

Hey thx! but what about folders?

techicolorsiguw3.png

L i f e I s C o l o r f u l

can you edit gifs from the internet

If your question is not Paint.NET related this isn't the proper place, try the Overflow section of the forum

And to answer your question, no Paint.NET can't edit anything through the Internet, there are probably some sites that have such software, but this is not an option of Paint.NET, nor will it be.

• 4 weeks later...

I have always used this plug in and love it , but tonight does not work well, and it's strange the same effect l I had to every PC (3 pc)

Incredible

Max work 32x 32

why not 256 x 256?

were is a problem?

ps excuse me my english

Thanks!

This is a wonderful and most needed plugin.

This plugin should be a standard feature included in the Paint.NET install.

It is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah .ico support should be built in.

Where can I donate for this amazing plugin?

-=r

• 1 month later...

Perhaps you could bring back the ability to save icons with multiple, differently-sized images without using a transparency-based hack... What you could do is, have the user name each layer -- the 48x48 icon layer would be named "48x48", the 32x32 icon layer would be named "32x32", etc. -- and then just add an option that would have the plug-in check the layer names at runtime.

dA | CWF

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah .ico support should be built in.

Where can I donate for this amazing plugin?

-=r

If you are considering donating (which is always appreciated :D ), I have a donation page that I put up today at www.evanolds.com/donate.html.

Perhaps you could bring back the ability to save icons with multiple, differently-sized images without using a transparency-based hack... What you could do is, have the user name each layer -- the 48x48 icon layer would be named "48x48", the 32x32 icon layer would be named "32x32", etc. -- and then just add an option that would have the plug-in check the layer names at runtime.

This is a possibility, however this and pretty much all other options are kind of "hacks" in the sense that they're getting around the fact that Paint.NET isn't really suited for editing multiple images of different resolutions in a single document. I and several others have authored separate applications for icon editing that better serve this purpose. Now I realize that a lot of people don't want to have to download a separate utility application and they'd just like it all to be in Paint.NET. While I can't say I disagree with this, I do think that for more serious icon editing and deployment, you'll probably have to use a separate app.

So I guess some questions that I'd want to ask people are:

1) Are you aware of the numerous other free applications that do icon/cursor editing?

2) If so and you're not using them, why is that? Is it just because you do the editing in PDN and don't want to do the extra step of saving your intermediate work, reopening in another app, and then resaving? Is it because you'd just rather not download another application to your hard drive?

3) If you aren't aware of them, would you be more eager to be informed about them or would you rather some sort of workaround be added to this plug-in to make Paint.NET have extended icon/cursor editing capabilities?

4) Are you happy enough with the way this plug-in is and would rather have me work on new plug-ins that do new things, instead of tweaking other plug-ins to try to accommodate the needs of the more advanced users?

I assure you that these are honest questions and aren't trying to imply something by just being posed. If any current users of this plug-in can give their feedback, I'd appreciate it.

There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.

• 3 weeks later...

I use this great plugin in combination with IcoFX. (freeware)

I use Paint.NET to open existing icons and use Paint.NET to edit portions of it. After that I export it to png and use IcoFX to build the icon for me.

In Metal We Trust

• 3 months later...