How to Install Plugins ×

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 (May 2010)

evanolds

I guess I should post them here, shouldn't I?

__The_next_OS___font_pack_by_usedHONDA.pngRough_Around_the_Edges_cursors_by_usedHONDA.png

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 4 weeks later...

Any progress on adding the ability to save 256x256 in *compressed* form? Vista explorer won't read the larger icons in uncompressed form...

- Roddy

• 3 weeks later...

Could somebody please help me?

Ive extracted the file to paint.net filetypes, but I cant seem to find it when I open PDN... :cry:

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks heaps

:D

"Life is too short to take seriousally"

:)

"C:\Documents and Settings\Default User.ASPIRE\My Documents\Sarah's Folder\Finished Miss Innocent Mini-movie 83.gif"

• 2 weeks later...

isit possible to add music/sound to gif files?

Idont think so....

"C:\Documents and Settings\Default User.ASPIRE\My Documents\Sarah's Folder\Finished Miss Innocent Mini-movie 83.gif"

isit possible to add music/sound to gif files?

Idont think so....

No. you can do that to videos though.

I'm still sorta new at Paint.NET so please be easy on my cursors I made:

aquacursorscreenievp8.png

One question I have is how to I make the circle thing for Working in Background and Busy not all pixelated? I have antialiasing on.

It's not complete.

I like the detail you added,like the shadowings, reflections, and shading.

Looking good! :)

I'm still sorta new at Paint.NET so please be easy on my cursors I made:

aquacursorscreenievp8.png

One question I have is how to I make the circle thing for Working in Background and Busy not all pixelated? I have antialiasing on.

It's not complete.

If you mean the little white halo around your cursors, then you must either fix it by hand or redraw it without anti-aliasing. I don't believe .ico's support alpha transparency, so anti-aliasing would cause that ugly halo to appear. But they are very nice icons, especially for someone who is new to Paint.net.

I don't believe .ico's support alpha transparency, so anti-aliasing would cause that ugly halo to appear.

Uhm, where have you been for the past 6 years? XP and OS X both support 32 bit icons, and Vista even stores the 256*256 size as a PNG.

TAC_08a.png

Chill out, everybody didn't know 32bit icons in-and-out.

But yeah, in the other hand, reading Wikipedia/ST*W before stating something is a plus.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

• 2 weeks later...

How do we tell where the click radius is?

My images may only be up to 150 pixels high? I'm sorry but that's really stupid. Most signatures are only SLIGHTLY larger, if not a lot larger. In my case it's larger by 50 pixels. Wow, great first impressions hmm? Well anyway. Click below to see my first decent paint.net picture. Was meant to be a signature but I guess I can't use it.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4880/linkgraysignature1wq5.png

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Linkgray

Please, this is not a cursor creation support forum, as Paint.NET is not intented to create icons.

So ask your question elsewhere, or guess by trial and error.

BTW, your sig is not worth the 50 extra pixels.

And I dunno where you've seen square sigs so often...

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

• 1 month later...

Excuse the noob question, but how do you put icons on effects you have downloaded in PDN? The dents plugin for example has no icon next to it. would it be possible to make an icon and put it next to the dents plugin?10164_d0a723dc79d18504b9d450c502dfaadd

if0ug1.png

It is possible to do that in two ways, although really one way, but two means to go about it:

1) the plugin author writes the icon into the plugin while s/he is coding it;

2) if the author releases the source code to the plugin and you know how to code an icon in. This is handy if you aren't too keen on the current icon if one is present, or, like in this case, the plugin doesn't have one at all.

You would have to ask the author in the respective topic about icons, though be warned, the Dents effect is under the Ed Harvey package and that thread has already had some discussion about the lack of icons in his packages. Also, he hasn't released his source code, so you won't be able to employ option 2) from above.

Does this help?

EDIT: by the way, this isn't exactly the right to topic to bring up such an issue, this topic is reserved for the Icon Format Plugin specifically, not plugin icons in general.

Each layer of your image will become one frame. The animation will work from the bottom layer to the top layer in successive order of which you can control the timing of. So, order your 'frames' where the starting frame will be at the bottom and the last at the top.

Does this make sense?