How to Install Plugins ×

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 (May 2010)

evanolds

• 3 months later...

I had downloaded the first one provided and when I went to delete it to download the upgraded one then I received a error message that read:

Cannot Delete Icocur: Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

How can I delete it?? Thanks, Star* :lol:

If you have Paint.Net open when you are trying to delete the file you will gets this error. Make sure you close PDN and then try deleting the file.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Ya I did that. But when I open up paint.net and try looking for it then I don't know where it is located. Could you let me know? TY :) Star*

I've had the same problem with other types of files. A reboot usually does the trick. Do Ctrl-Alt-Del and go to proccesses. If there is one called PaintDotNet.exe and you closed PDN, It means it is still in the processor and ram. A reboot fixes the problem or you can click end process but that could be risky(end the wrong process and your computer would stop running(not permanently)).

Ya I did that. But when I open up paint.net and try looking for it then I don't know where it is located. Could you let me know? TY :) Star*
It should be under the file menu. You can now open and save as .ico and .cur format.

Note: I don't see it as anything separate; just when I go to File-->Save As.. then I get the option to save as *.ico in the dialog box.

Also, like one of the first posts says, make sure it is under the FileTypes folder and not the Effects folder in your Paint.NET directory.

When I open up paint.net and go to open then I can choose to open files under icons,cursors,or animated.

But what I'm wondering is where in the menu in paint.net is it located so I can open it up to make the cursors?

TY

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the great plugin :)

Though, I noticed a slight error with icon saving logic. When you select

1. File->Save As...,

2. select a filename (icon as file format),

3. click Save, and then

4. hit Cancel to the icon save mode dialog,

an empty icon file is created to the desination folder. Yes, it's little, but it can be annoying. But thanks again.

• 1 month later...

After my last update of PDN which puts me up to the latest release, this plugin will not let me open up any .ico files. It says something to the affect "There was an unspecified error when opening the file". Any ideas?

Thanks

Try reinstalling the plugin.

I did, which only consisted of downloading and extracting it to the file types folder. It still gives me the same error. It didn't do this prior to the most recent update of paint.net. I tried opening a .ico from the recent file list which was one/some I had worked on prior to the paint.net update but with the same error. I'm really missing the use of this plugin.

Maybe it uses PdnLib.dll which was renamed in the last version.

Try contacting the author directly (PM, ...).

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Maybe it uses PdnLib.dll which was renamed in the last version.

Try contacting the author directly (PM, ...).

Unless this loads it manually, it wouldn't have an effect. Rick made PdN so that all calls to PdnLib.dll are rerouted to core.dll automatically.

Ok, so I don't know what is happening, as it seems work on other people's computers.

I can't try it now, sorry.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Make sure PdnLib.dll doesn't exist in your installation directory. If both PdnLib.dll and PaintDotNet.Core.dll are around, then the DLL load failure remapping won't work (because the loading of PdnLib will succeed, but then all sorts of other things will fail).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Make sure PdnLib.dll doesn't exist in your installation directory. If both PdnLib.dll and PaintDotNet.Core.dll are around, then the DLL load failure remapping won't work (because the loading of PdnLib will succeed, but then all sorts of other things will fail).

Ahh, we have a winner! So the upgrade/update doesn't remove it??

Thanks

Hello,

This is a great plugin, but I am having porblem in saving icons in 256 X 256 size, it seem even if it show that it is 256 X 256 when i select icon in explorer infact it is not in reality. I am using Vista and i tried to put some custom icons on my desk shortcuts and surprisingly the Icon stay small and only a Square around the Icon that grow up when i Larger the view of icon size.

I tried to convert image to icon with this free website online convertion : http://www.convertico.com/ and it work like charm but in Paint.Net it dont work :( so the bug is coming from this plugin.

Please help

Thanks

P.S you can see my help thread i posted earlier with screenshots :http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=32324#32324

Make sure your saving at 256x256 and not 246x246.

246 ? how can u save in 246 anyway so i dont see the reason of your reply :S this option doesnt exist so i can make that mistake :S

Anyone have tested please ? or it is me only who is having this bug ?

That happens to me on every icon I make in pdn. The icon is fine. It's only in explorer where you see the 16x16 icon.

*hint* Use your .ico as an icon for any folder. When you look at the folder, the icon will be the right size (sorry if this doesn't make any sense).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Make sure your saving at 256x256 and not 246x246.

246 ? how can u save in 246 anyway so i dont see the reason of your reply :S this option doesnt exist so i can make that mistake :S

It existed when I tried to save the ico file; so, make sure you are using the latest version of the plugin, too.

~~

WOW! This is one awesome plugin. I tried and failed to make icons and cursors along time ago with MS Paint but this is awesome. Works first time, every time! Great Job

sigeb7.png