evanolds

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 (May 2010)

dunnid    0

Just tried this, thanks, but for some reason the save dialog doesn't have a cur file type. It's got ani and ico but no cur. The open dialog has cur and they open fine, I just can't save them.

TechnoRobbo    1,149

TechnoRobbo, what changes did you have to make?

I forced the dialog to the foreground when shown - they were being lost in the background even though they were modal. 

Added this code to Shown Events:

this.TopMost = true;
            this.Focus();
            this.BringToFront();

Just tried this, thanks, but for some reason the save dialog doesn't have a cur file type. It's got ani and ico but no cur. The open dialog has cur and they open fine, I just can't save them.

Sorry missed that.

Try this v4.0.1

IcoCur.zip

• Upvote 4

pdn-user    0

@TechnoRobbo: Thank you, the plugin works. There is still some issues with the plugin though:

Issue 1:

* open an icon with multiple bitmaps in (I've did so from Explorer)

* the "Icon/Cursor Load Options" comes up, leave it open

* open another iucon (I've did so from Explorer, in this case with a single bitmap only)

Result: 100% CPU on one core, nothing happens until you switch to the "Icon/Cursor Load Options" and choose one or cancel it.

Issue 2: If you cancel the "Icon/Cursor Load Options" you still have the file open with only the background set (and a message without a message title), is it possible to abort the load completely?

Issue 3 (Feature Request): Is it possible to name the layers of the image file including the color dept? Currently there are multiple layers with the same names.

Issue 4: `this.TopMost = true;` seems a bit too much, this is the only application (part) I've recognized so far that still shows up when I switch to a full-screen RDP session. Does it work without this? If not: is it possible to remove this in the `onFocus` (or whatever appropriate) event of the dialogue?

Issue 5 (severe): If you cancel the Save Dialogue you get a 0 byte file (the original version is lost).

Thank you for your answer,

pdn-user

Edit: added issues 4+5

Edited by pdn-user

KetchupKid    3

I have your 4.0 version of IcoCur.dll, but I tried it with PDN 4.07 and then 4.09 and it simply will not show a "ico" filetype in the open dialog. I even tried dragging an .ico file into PDN, but the warning message appears saying the filetype is not compatible with PDN.

I had PDN 4.10 but I did not try the icocur.dll on it before I dumped it and went backward to a better behaved PDN.

The plugin description says this works on PDN 4.0+ ... is anyone being successful using this plugin?

I have long wanted to be able to edit icon filetypes in PDN, so was excited to see this. I hope it can be fixed.

• Upvote 1

toe_head2001    793

.. it simply will not show a "ico" filetype in the open dialog. I even tried dragging an .ico file into PDN, but the warning message appears saying the filetype is not compatible with PDN. ...

I just used this plugin 2 hours ago. Worked fine.

Make sure you've installed it correctly. The .dll file needs to be placed in the 'FileTypes' folder, rather than the 'Effects' folder.

• Upvote 1

pdn-user    0

@KetchupKid: It works with current versions. I've used it with 4.0.9 and found the bugs I've posted one post before yours when doing so (and still hope for a reply to these).

KetchupKid    3

I just used this plugin 2 hours ago. Worked fine.

Make sure you've installed it correctly. The .dll file needs to be placed in the 'FileTypes' folder, rather than the 'Effects' folder.

Silly me - that makes sense. I did not realize that, but I have it there now. Thanks! :)

Dialecticus    0

I'm using latest IcoCur.zip v4.0.1 with Paint.net v4.0.10. When I open an ico file with several images all of them are given with proper color depths (32-bit, 8-bit). When I save this ico file and reload it again all color depths are reset to 32-bit (so there are two 32x32 images with color depth 32-bit, and two 16x16 images with color depth 8-bit).

How do I persist color depths of each image in ico file?