How to Install Plugins ×

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 (May 2010)

evanolds

• 1 month later...

I too am experiencing the 'Void PaintDotNet.Surface.SuperSamplingFitSurface' error. I have no .dll's in my effects folder and only the IcoCur.dll in FileTypes.

IcoCur.dll Version 3.5.1.0

Paint.Net Version 4.0.5 (Final 4.5.5454.39504)

Windows 7 Pro

A gazillion gigs of memory.

I too am experiencing the 'Void PaintDotNet.Surface.SuperSamplingFitSurface' error. I have no .dll's in my effects folder and only the IcoCur.dll in FileTypes.

IcoCur.dll Version 3.5.1.0

Paint.Net Version 4.0.5 (Final 4.5.5454.39504)

Windows 7 Pro

A gazillion gigs of memory.

Hi Ed, first thing to do is to update to the latest version IcoCur.dll 3.7.

midoras signature.gif

• 5 months later...

It was said that 256x256 or larger icon size layers are stored as PNGs when the icons are created.  However, has anyone successfully created an icon that's larger than 256x256?  I'm currently trying to create some that are 296x296 but the custom size is not being recognized.  Is this b/c the images are not powers of 2, or was the "or greater" just wishful thinking?

I am using version 3.7.0.0.

It was said that 256x256 or larger icon size layers are stored as PNGs when the icons are created.  However, has anyone successfully created an icon that's larger than 256x256?  I'm currently trying to create some that are 296x296 but the custom size is not being recognized.  Is this b/c the images are not powers of 2, or was the "or greater" just wishful thinking?

The ICO file format does not support images larger than 256x256.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 2 months later...

Me too, when saving an .ico it just hangs forever.

its not bringing up the save file dialog. 48x48x 32x32 ect.

In paint.net version 4.0.6.

I'm not sure if any of the other file extension still work or not because I downloaded and reinstalled 4.0.5 again->Works.

Thankyou if you can find time to fix this. It was a great plugin in it's day.

Success! I found a copy of the icoCUR.dill in the effects folder. When I deleted it the plugin started working again! Also I deleted the .dill file from the filetypes folder and pasted in a new one I just downloaded. :D

Edited by DJI

I'm too getting into the situation that sometimes the save dialog of IcoCur v3.7 does not pop up in paint.net v4.0.6 and I have to kill paint.net.

But this is different to the problem of the exception. In case of the exception I would check if the version of the dll.

• Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif

I'm too getting into the situation that sometimes the save dialog of IcoCur v3.7 does not pop up in paint.net v4.0.6 and I have to kill paint.net.

But this is different to the problem of the exception. In case of the exception I would check if the version of the dll.

I have version 3.7.0.0

nice sig BTW.

Guys, it looks like he may not be around here anymore.

And his website is gone. He last posted like 3 years  ago. Too bad.

Probably my fault, man.

Guys, it looks like he may not be around here anymore.

And his website is gone. He last posted like 3 years  ago. Too bad.

Probably my fault, man.

I guess you are running into the same problem then me. I talked about the exception.

At some point we will setup a new plugin. This filetype is not too complex.

• Upvote 2

midoras signature.gif

• 1 month later...

I found a simple fix. 

1. Create and save your icon as usual

2. The window to select sizes doesn't pop up? Open task manager (CTRL+Shift+Esc for me)

3. Look for paint.net in the task manager

4. Press the arrow and rightclick on Icon/Cursor Save Options, on my picture here I am loading a .ico file so it says Load Options

5. Select "Switch to" and the window will pop up. 

Picture:

http://img.picshare.at/1443282155_openpopup.png

Notice that this is the Windows 8/8.1/10 Task manager, I can't test the old Windows 7-task manager, if someone could do that would be pretty. Thanks. 

post-143024-0-33459500-1443282328_thumb.

Edited by Juschlan

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps one of the mods can remove the evanolds.com download link from the first post to prevent any further confusion.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

I NEED HELP!

This plugin has worked till i upgraded to the latest paint.net, now it just sits there and saves without actually saving, when i try to save. I downloaded the latest version of the plugin and it didnt work. I dont know what to do!

• 3 months later...

I NEED HELP!

This plugin has worked till i upgraded to the latest paint.net, now it just sits there and saves without actually saving, when i try to save. I downloaded the latest version of the plugin and it didnt work. I dont know what to do!

Darn it! It's broken here too. I just quick wanted to edit an icon and I can't...

• 1 month later...