Re-Downloading Troubles

... did you try the 2.0 or did you only try the 3.5. The reason I siad to try 2.0 was because of the last guy that was here.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22228

His problem was that he never had a FULL 3.0 Framework and it needed to talk to 2.0 for information.

If Paint.NET only needs 2.0 then you should install 2.0 only untill you rule out that it is not the version of the .NET Framework or some dumb error like a higher .NET Framework needing to talk to a lower .NET Framework.

Also why is this called Re-Downloading Troubles. This problem is install. You only need to download Paint.NET once, unzip it and run the exe. Samething with the .NET Framework.

Ok. I tried to download 2.0, and it said a newer version that has been installed would be compatable. Then I got a fatal error message. The problem is.... I un-installed everything I could that said .net framework on it.

Don't delete it, uninstall it. Uninstalling removes all references in your registry, also.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ok, I tried downloading paint.net 3.3, but I had to unistall 3.0, which I can't do because it wouldn't download in the first place. If someone could tell me how to uninstall it, I think I can get Paint.net back. :D

You have to install the .NET framework, not just put it on your desktop. You can't uninstall Paint.NET unless you have the .NET framework installed.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Ok, I tried downloading it. Restarting the computer like it said, and I still can't unistall paint.net 3.0, which was just put in a zipped file, never actually installed because I can't get rid of it. I can download 3.3 if I get rid of 3.0, which I have said before.

You're using way too many "It"s. I don't know what is what. You have a zip file of Paint.NET that won't delete, or of the .NET framework?

You're using way too many "It"s. I don't know what is what. You have a zip file of Paint.NET that won't delete, or of the .NET framework?

Of Paint.net. The 3.0 version. Sorry for not being specific.

Have you tried Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, then uninstalling Paint.NET?

See if that works.

I can't find Paint.net 3.0. Just 3.30. I need a link to 3.0 or something.

What? No, no. I apparently don't understand at all. There are no links to previous versions, and it's against the rules to seek support if you're not running 3.30.

So, what happens now when you try to install 3.30?

Okay, in exact words it says: Another version of the product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product. Use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

Which you know I've al ready tried, and it does not work.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I deleted all things Paint.net. I'm going to try to redownload it.

I gather you mean uninstalled - ie you didn't delete the folder?

No, I deleted the folder. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get Paint.net back unless I reformat my computer or get a new one. And neither of those is going to happen soon. I guess I'm stuck with "The Gimp." :|

Your problem might be that you deleted the folder directly. Deleting the folder doesn't clear out your registry; Uninstalling it does. If the problem is in your registry, it will not fix it. Try it again, but do it right this time.