Pyjo's gallery

pyjo

Don't worry about page lag: the 5 jpeg pictures in this post only place a load of about 300 KB.

They are 100% PdN (that is, created form scratch without the use of any pre-existing material), and are among my preferred works.

Other pictures can be found here, in a separate page. You'll find various 100% PdN drawings, including a solar system objects gallery (for the joy of 007 nab).

The first interesting thing I did in PdN was an eye picture. When I discovered the Shape3d plugin I applied it to the eye to create an eyeball. Later I discovered also the easy eye tutorial, but I'm glad to have found my way in creating it. This was my first post in the old pictorium:

2Eyes.jpg

Then (as the vast majority of PdN users) I started making planets:

SpaceOdyssey-Scaled.jpg

The following picture is among the most complex I did. This is the first time I used a "depth of field" effect. Click to see a detail.

Flower.jpg

I'm not completely satisfied with this butterfly. Despite this, I think it is quite effective.

Butterfly-a.jpg

The last picture in my gallery is hand-made (this means that only the "tools" box was used: no plugins and no effects). This picture is derived from the one that won the first free-handing contest.

Winner.jpg

Among my best works there is also a 100% PdN "artistic nude" picture that cannot be posted here (I think however that anyone can see it without problems). I can send it via private message to anyone who requests it.

Bye

Pyjo.

Hi Pyjo,

Glad you opened your gallery, it is impressive to see how much you've improved from your very first picture to the latest ones! (How long was that? Just to check if I have some hopes.. :D )

The celluloid flower and butterfly (but the head looks more like a fly's head to me) are great (as it is all your artwork) I am looking forward to see more and more from you!

Ciao

You have been featured in the galleria.

Thanks to all!

How long was that? Just to check if I have some hopes..

[...] the head looks more like a fly's head to me

I started using PdN near the end of october 2007. The eyes picture was done near the end of november. The flower was posted in december.

The butterfly is actually a fly with butterfly wings and proboscis. It is a genetic manipulation experiment.

I love the flower one its so pretty and joyful

I also think that the flower picture is the best one.

I would really like to know how you did that flower cause it's a really good piece of art...

First I drew a 2d petal. Then I created six 3d petals with shape3d. I added some shadow and light on them with paintbrush and blur.

For the grass I developed a technique that uses: gradient bars, sine waves, drop shadow, blurs.

The background is simply done with paintbrush and gaussian blur.

Other pictures coming soon.

Thanks again,

Pyjo.

Wow pyjo - really great job on everything!

Among my faves (obviously) is the space pic! I hadn't thought of looking from the moon to the earth to the sun like that before. Really great job on that one.

I also like the butterfly one -- how'd you get those eyes? They are really awesome.

You also did an amazing job on the car with no effects. That's really, really good. I wouldn't even know how to start something like that out :lol:

See ya,

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I hadn't thought of looking from the moon to the earth to the sun like that before.

Have you ever seen "2001: a space odyssey" by Stanley Kubrick? I was inspired by the beginning of that movie.

EDIT: Click here to see.

I also like the butterfly one -- how'd you get those eyes?

Well... shape3d is a good answer? You can perhaps understand something more by looking at this detail:

ButtDetail.jpg

You also did an amazing job on the car with no effects. That's really, really good. I wouldn't even know how to start something like that out

Here's how:

WCSteps.jpg

Bye

Pyjo.

Wow - hey thanks for showing me --

Did you repeat (copy paste) a sphere a million times for the eyes- or what? That's crazy --

And about the car - I am impressed that you use prospectives, thanks for showing me the stage by stage.

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow pyjo you really seem to have made the Pictorium look outstanding love your work and its great to see another hard working "pdner" making great stuff with this wonderful program.

love to see more keep it up :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Pyjo where are you, in your Frankstein's lab making artificial creature with your artificial skin? :wink:

Miss your images, hope we can see soon something from you,

Ciao!

My PdN creature is sleeping in the darkness. It didn't evolve further, unfortunately.

I'm both glad and sad that someone miss my pictures. Glad because there is someome that likes them so much. Sad because I'd like to be more active on the forum, but in this period I'm working hard to earn money to feed other creatures I did, of another kind (FaB creatures, where FaB stays for Flesh and Bones). They are also very interesting, but cannot be published here since they aren't done in PdN.

I have a couple of projects in mind, and hope that soon or later I'll complete and publish them. I'd like also to add features to my plugins... maybe in 2 or 3 weeks...

Bye

Pyjo.

Hey Pyjo where are you, in your Frankstein's lab making artificial creature with your artificial skin? :wink:

Miss your images, hope we can see soon something from you,

Ciao!

My PdN creature is sleeping in the darkness. It didn't evolve further, unfortunately. :(

I'm both glad and sad that someone miss my pictures. Glad because there is someome that likes them so much. Sad because I'd like to be more active on the forum, but in this period I'm working hard to earn money to feed other creatures I did, of another kind (FaB creatures, where FaB stays for Flesh and Bones). They are also very interesting, but cannot be published here since they aren't done in PdN. :lol:

I have a couple of projects in mind, and hope that soon or later I'll complete and publish them. I'd like also to add features to my plugins... maybe in 2 or 3 weeks... :D

Bye

Pyjo.

I'll look forward to that, then!

Ciao