CJ's Image Gallery: Updated 20110722

cjmcguinness

CJ, awesome. You know how much I like 'Maelstrom'. I also quite enjoy 'Sphere Afloat'

Do keep it up!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been some time since I submitted anything 100% original, made with Paint.NET - but I finally found the time to fulfil one of my desires/ambitions and create a full chess set, using only PDN. After spending a week (on and off) making the pieces I kinda lost interest in the background; perhaps I'll revisit this later and put in something more interesting.

TheRoyalGame800.png

Each of the pieces was individually rendered using the amazing Shape 3D effect plugin - so are all based on basic geometric shapes, with some additional manipulation. I had to make a decision when it came to the Knight, as this is generally represented by a horses head (not easy with Shape 3D!). After many experiments, I finally settled on a "Lance & Shield" design, and I think it turned out OK (although it's not as solid as the rest of the pieces).

Click on the image to view larger size and/or download the full 1920 x 1080 HDTV widescreen version.

Enjoy.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

perhaps I'll revisit this later and put in something more interesting.

I had to make a decision when it came to the Knight, as this is generally represented by a horses head (not easy with Shape 3D!). After many experiments, I finally settled on a "Lance & Shield" design, and I think it turned out OK (although it's not as solid as the rest of the pieces).

I like it.

Maybe 2 stools or chairs.

I wanna see you make the horses head :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 2 months later...

I haven't been very active with PDN lately, hence no recent artwork posted in the forum.

With nothing new to add, I thought I'd update my gallery by posting the signatures I've created (some were for proper forum use and others were SOTW entries).

In (roughly) chronological order:

BrickSig.pngGlassSignature.png

GreenPillSig.pngSinCitySig2.png

TronSig.pngSeasonFilm.png

JerbertSig450x150.pngDepModSig.png

Friday13sig.png070615cjmsigp.png

OutatimeSig500.pngMinimalismSig.png

PolarInvSig.pngWinterSig.png

CSM.png

CSD.pngCSG.pngCSB.png

3DSM.png

3DSD.png3DSG.png3DSB.png

PKRM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't believe I haven't looked at this gallery before :|

I know you're not meant/ allowed to swear on here, but ... ******* brilliant. As simple as.

Absolutely stunning

Thanks, welshblue, your comments are appreciated.

I've been incredibly busy with work recently and simply haven't had the time to sit and find artistic inspiration. But I finally found a bit of time and came up with this, my first original submission in over three months; hope you enjoy it.

Under_The_Microscope_by_cjmcguinness.png

PKRM.png

• 1 month later...

London_at_Twilight_by_cjmcguinness.png

^ Click to visit deviantART and download the full 4200 x 1400 version ^

A panoramic view of London, created by stitching four separate photographs together. It's not the familiar sites of London, as the view is from atop a building in St. John's Wood, looking south-west.

The source shots were taken with my trusty Nokia N95 and it's superb 5mp camera.

Enjoy.

PKRM.png